More Buffalo (City) bashing

Hahahahaha!!! It's not worth it to bother emailing this clown. I don't want to wait behind a B word like that at Cobblestone, or the Swannie House, or Pearl Street Grill, or any bar on Chippewa or Elmwood while he scratches his head and wonders whether to order just one mini bottle of White Zinfandel, or if he wants to get REAL CRAZY tonight and order two.

Briere and Campbell don't deserve to start??? The leading scorer and playmaker on the best team in the league, and a +17 'offensive' defenseman from the best team in the league don't deserve to start? Okay pal. Let's put Kaberle or McCabe in there. He does have a point with Miller, several goalies in the East (including Brodeur and Huet) have played a little better this year. Miller may not have the stats, but he has the wins. Regardless, he deserves to be there playing a period. This time, it just so happens that it will be the 1st period.

A Philly writer getting his panties in a knot over the guys who will play the first 40 seconds of a scrimmage, and wondering where he can get a Sutter Home Chardonay in downtown Buffalo. What a stroke.

A guy from Philly calling Buffalo dreary?

A guy from a city that erected a statue to a movie character?

Bringing life to the downtown area? The only people in downtown Philly are the graffiti artists.

I guess I shouldnt be too upset, probably neither of the 2 people that subscribe to the Delaware Couny Daily Times even read the article.

I would agree with him about that downtown area around the HBC arena. It's awful. But then, many other cities have the same problem. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Hopefully the proposed development of the inner harbor(adjacent to the arena) will eventually spur the opening of 2 or 3 restaurants/bars within a stones throw of the arena. We'll see.

I would agree with him about that downtown area around the HBC arena. It's awful. But then, many other cities have the same problem. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Definitely true for an out-of-towner...Overall, most of the buildings are abandoned and ratty. However, there are a few good spots to catch a postgame drink, you just have to know where they are. If you were wandering around aimlessly just looking for a pub, they are definitely few and far between, I suppose you would think it's a dump. You most certainly don't have to drive 20 minutes, like the article mentions...

Definitely true for an out-of-towner...Overall, most of the buildings are abandoned and ratty. However, there are a few good spots to catch a postgame drink, you just have to know where they are. If you were wandering around aimlessly just looking for a pub, they are definitely few and far between, I suppose you would think it's a dump. You most certainly don't have to drive 20 minutes, like the article mentions...

are you going tonight?

No, not tonight...I only have a minipack, my next game isn't until Feb. Sometimes I latch on with a pal of mine who has seasons though.

nice...let me or tater know....we should meet up somewhere for a few cocktails (so according to that deutch on the hockey buzz, we should agree on a place 20 minuntes away)....what a tard he was...anyways, maybe the Swannie or something like that

nice...let me or tater know....we should meet up somewhere for a few cocktails (so according to that deutch on the hockey buzz, we should agree on a place 20 minuntes away)....what a tard he was...anyways, maybe the Swannie or something like that

No doubt...I'm either at Swannie or the Mute no matter what before the game, I always park there. I'm good friends with Richie, the big guy who owns the Mute. And more often than not I will hit up the Wobblestone afterwards...

You're right though, maybe post-game we should head to Amherst for some wine...

So worthless guy takes a shot at Buffalo and people immediately respond. Stop taking the bait already! I could start a crappy little blog on a crappy little website, take one cheap shot at Buffalo and people would be all over it. This inferiority complex really needs to die already.

So worthless guy takes a shot at Buffalo and people immediately respond. Stop taking the bait already! I could start a crappy little blog on a crappy little website, take one cheap shot at Buffalo and people would be all over it. This inferiority complex really needs to die already.

Look at the first line of the first reply in the thread:

Hahahahaha!!! It's not worth it to bother emailing this clown.

Who's responding? Many of the posts since then have actually agreed with the author, it is a bit drab down in the arena district. And I can't imagine one Buffalo/WNY resident having and inferiority complex in the shadow of Philadelphia, of all places.

At least this author was actually in Buffalo, and wrote his opinion about it. I'm fine with that. I tend to get frustrated with those who clearly just enjoy badmouthing the place without ever having visited.

Look at the first line of the first reply in the thread:

Hahahahaha!!! It's not worth it to bother emailing this clown.

Who's responding? Many of the posts since then have actually agreed with the author, it is a bit drab down in the arena district. And I can't imagine one Buffalo/WNY resident having and inferiority complex in the shadow of Philadelphia, of all places.

At least this author was actually in Buffalo, and wrote his opinion about it. I'm fine with that. I tend to get frustrated with those who clearly just enjoy badmouthing the place without ever having visited.

It's the fact that this thread even exists here, over on the sabrespace board, and probably other Buffalo related boards that bugs me. I can't even count the number of times I've seen threads like this one anytime someone takes a shot at Buffalo. Just look at any NHL power rankings article this year. Any time the author doesn't put Buffalo at #1, they'll make a "sorry Buffalo fans..." comment because they get constant complaints from Buffalo readers. I know there's a lot behind it, but these people complain way too much (yeah, I know that I'm complaining about the complaining).

Like you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. People need to realize that just because one guy thinks something and puts it in writing, that doesn't make it an absolute truth.

Dude was on WGR this morning. He was definitely less harsh, but I don't disagree with everything he said. He could have worded it a little better though. Brian Campbell is probably not even the best defensive player on the Sabres, but it's FAN voting. I voted for all Sabres on line and Matt Barnaby (neighbor), it's my right to vote for whomever I want and I took advantage of it!! And the area around HSBC leaves little to be desired. The bars are scattered and empty when the Sabres are not playing. Can you say develop the waterfront?

sanfilippo

Brian Campbell is probably not even the best defensive player on the Sabres

He's not? I would agree that Tallinder is their best defensman, but how's he been this year? Campbell is plus-17 as an offensive defensman. He lays hits. He's been the team's most consistent defensive player since January of 2006. His points are down this year, mainly because of the struggling PP, but he's still probably more gifted offensively then the others. There were stretches where he was logging over 30 minutes of ice time per game this year. His team has the most wins in the league.

He doesn't deserve to start? Who does?