Faux hawk

inkman

My biggest pet peeve as of late would be this Faux Hawk trend. Having a mohawk actually used to mean something. It was anti-establishment, anarchy and pissed off teen angst at it's best. Then it sort of turned it a poser Hot Topic fad but the latest rendition just sucks. If you want to get a mohawk, shave your head on both sides and be a man (or woman) about it. This whole puching your hair into the middle thing just ain't getting it done. You look like a loser and a poser. So figure out which doo the rest of the fabulous guys are going to get next and run with it. The Faux Hawk sucks.

My biggest pet peeve as of late would be this Faux Hawk trend. Having a mohawk actually used to mean something. It was anti-establishment, anarchy and pissed off teen angst at it's best. Then it sort of turned it a poser Hot Topic fad but the latest rendition just sucks. If you want to get a mohawk, shave your head on both sides and be a man (or woman) about it. This whole puching your hair into the middle thing just ain't getting it done. You look like a loser and a poser. So figure out which doo the rest of the fabulous guys are going to get next and run with it. The Faux Hawk sucks.

Who says the people doing this are trying to imitate the mowhawk (something most people wouldn't do today unless they were in an 80's punk band) Its just a different way to style your hair, and its safe for people who have a real job because they can have their hair normal during the day, and spike it at night.

Sure everyone has one now and its is kinda lame, but so was the actual mowhawk, it was lame and it was impractal for anyone who wanted to work for a living like a normal person instead of mooching off their parents and whine about how the man was keeping you down, etc.

Who says the people doing this are trying to imitate the mowhawk (something most people wouldn't do today unless they were in an 80's punk band) Its just a different way to style your hair, and its safe for people who have a real job because they can have their hair normal during the day, and spike it at night.

I think the part of it that bothers me is the "safe for work" thing. Mohawk were just the opposite.

Sure everyone has one now and its is kinda lame, but so was the actual mowhawk, it was lame and it was impractal for anyone who wanted to work for a living like a normal person instead of mooching off their parents and whine about how the man was keeping you down, etc.

This is just a sign that ink is growing a bit older, and hates that fact that something he finds rebelious is moving towards the mainstream. To coin a phrase ink "everything old is new again."

How do you feel about temporary tatoos?

It is the ultimate conformity. It like the goths who dress in black and wear trench coats and B word about conformity-well guess what goth bitches- you are all conforming. Lets dye our hair- its shocking- and everybodys doing it. Um lets get a tattoo, a nose ring, pierce my tongue-its so cliche. Its about a bunch of pretentious, attention starved twits screaming "look at me, look at me" It reminds me of Sartres philosophy on the rebel versus the revoloutionary. The rebel is a phony- they embrace the system they B word about- because rebelling against that system is their whole existance, they are contrived. Whereas the revoloutionary does not worry about fashion or conforming- they just go about destroying the system. Harvey Dangers great song Flagpole Sitta cracks me up:

"and when i feel a bit naughty

i run it up the flagpole and see who salutes

(but no one ever does)"

"i wanna publish zines

and rage against machines

i wanna pierce my tongue

it doesn't hurt, it feels fine"

:pirate: Funny I dont think many faux mohawk or tongue pierced listeners pick up on that cut. Kind of like the idiots who used to think "The One I Love" by REM was a love song

This is just a sign that ink is growing a bit older, and hates that fact that something he finds rebelious is moving towards the mainstream. To coin a phrase ink "everything old is new again."

How do you feel about temporary tatoos?

Have you seen V for Vendetta? The part where V escapes the rubble of the buring building and lets out the scream of all screams. That's how I feel about temporary ink. Kids get a pass but if you are an adult wlking around with henna on your body :pirate:. And yes, I'm getting older. Thirty five feels like 55 sometimes.

:pirate: Funny I dont think many faux mohawk or tongue pierced listeners pick up on that cut. Kind of like the idiots who used to think "The One I Love" by REM was a love song

Even if Michael Stipe was refferring to a dude, you sure can feel his anger and pain in that song. Hell hath no fury like a scorned woman... :P