This McGahee crap is getting old...

Boatdrinks

Good post. But sadly, the truth and logic has little room here at TBD. Everyone should note, watch highlight films of LT. Usually no one is touching him until 10 or 15 yards past the LOS. In otherwords, LT has great blocking up front.

You are going to confuse the Willis Haters with logic and good reasoning.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, there is usually an absense of truth and logic with Willis haters. I get a kick out of the mind readers who can determine what Willis thinks and his motives are from watching him on TV. Usually you have to live with someone before having that insight, and even then most people get it wrong.

It's pretty apparent that you have a fondness for players with great potential and little production.

You were clamoring for Rob Johnson from the get-go and even after repeated failures on the field and a clear lack of production, you were the first to stand up with excuses... 3 teams later, Rob Johnson was soon out of the league.

Now it appears as though Willis is your new crush :thumbsup:

It's pretty apparent that you have a fondness for players with great potential and little production.

Production?

Which Buffalo Bills running back was the fastest to rush for 2,000 yards in their career as a Bill?

You may also want to compare RJ's production with JP's (who, most everybody here thinks, may just be the Bills' QB of the future).

Production?

Which Buffalo Bills running back was the fastest to rush for 2,000 yards in their career as a Bill?

This stat doesn't mean sh--. Based on this WM is better than OJ, Thurman or even Joe Cribbs? To this point in his career, WM can't even sniff the jocks of any of these 3 players. :thumbsup:

This stat doesn't mean sh--. Based on this WM is better than OJ, Thurman or even Joe Cribbs? To this point in his career, WM can't even sniff the jocks of any of these 3 players. :thumbsup:

Of course it does.

He asked about production. That is production.

Where in my post did I say that WM is better than OJ or Thurman? I never said that, and I do not think that either.

I am glad that you mentioned OJ though. I was pretty young when he was with the Bills. OJ's first years with the team are fairly instructive about the importance of having a good offensive line. You may or may not know that OJ was not as productive in his first few years as he was once the Bills upgraded the line. I specifically remember people complaining that he "danced" too much. Does that refrain sound familiar.

It was not until another Saban (Lou) became the head coach and the Bills upgraded the line that OJ reached his potential as a RB. You may want to ask how much importance Edge places on having a good offensive line now that he has been with the Cardinals for a year.

Edge's average last year - 4.2 yards per carry.

Edge's average this year - 3.4 yards per carry.

Gee, I wonder if the Cards' offensive line had anything to do with his average plummeting by .8 yards per carry?!?

Of course it does.

He asked about production. That is production.

Just because he got to 2000 yards faster than any other RB in Bills history means he is productive? Show me YPC, TD's in a season, yards in a season and come talk to me about production. Not some cumulative stat that proves that the Bills don't have a good track record of developing RB's in their first three years.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face...he is a straight ahead runner with average speed & no elusiveness, who either doesn't have the strength or the willingness to be a power runner. Quite possibly the easiest player to replace on the entire team.

Just because he got to 2000 yards faster than any other RB in Bills history means he is productive? Show me YPC, TD's in a season, yards in a season and come talk to me about production. Not some cumulative stat that proves that the Bills don't have a good track record of developing RB's in their first three years.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face...he is a straight ahead runner with average speed & no elusiveness, who either doesn't have the strength or the willingness to be a power runner. Quite possibly the easiest player to replace on the entire team.

See post about Edge above. [by the way, I recall posters on this board saying before the season that WM was no Edge].

Speed - He outran defensive backs on his 57 yard touchdown.

Strength - He ran over Ray friggen Lewis this past week to get a first down.

He is not the fastest guy on the team or the strongest, but he has a combination of speed and strength for a running back that makes him pretty damn good. I just wish that the line gave him more time and space.

You willis haters confuse me. Always changing your story just to go out of your way to bash him. I thought all he did was dance. Now he's a straight ahead runner? :thumbsup:

See post about Edge above. [by the way, I recall posters on this board saying before the season that WM was no Edge].

Speed - He outran defensive backs on his 57 yard touchdown.

Strength - He ran over Ray friggen Lewis this past week to get a first down.

He is not the fastest guy on the team or the strongest, but he has a combination of speed and strength for a running back that makes him pretty damn good. I just wish that the line gave him more time and space.

Who cares about Edge, I thought we were talking about WM. Did you ever consider that maybe the reason his stats are down is because he has little left in the tank after taking a pounding in Indy for many seasons?

As far as WM goes, he has carried the ball over 850 times in his career and you want to cite one or two instances to make a case against my stance on WM. Keep trying...

He is a straight ahead runner with average speed & no elusiveness, who either doesn't have the strength or the willingness to be a power runner. Quite possibly the easiest player to replace on the entire team.

Who cares about Edge, I thought we were talking about WM. Did you ever consider that maybe the reason his stats are down is because he has little left in the tank after taking a pounding in Indy for many seasons?

As far as WM goes, he has carried the ball over 850 times in his career and you want to cite one or two instances to make a case against my stance on WM. Keep trying...

He is a straight ahead runner with average speed & no elusiveness, who either doesn't have the strength or the willingness to be a power runner. Quite possibly the easiest player to replace on the entire team.

As for Edge, the .8 yards per carry difference illustrates just how important an offensive line is. I got to believe that even you realized that notwithstanding your post.

As for WM, you said he is not fast. I gave you a prime example that contradicts your thesis. If he were not fast, he would not have outran defensive backs ever. The same thing with strength. If he were not strong, he never would have run over Ray Lewis.

If you want to go over each of his carries over his career, come on down to Miami and we can do that on my new Sony XBR. :thumbsup:

As for Edge, the .8 yards per carry difference illustrates just how important an offensive line is. I got to believe that even you realized that notwithstanding your post.

As for WM, you said he is not fast. I gave you a prime example that contradicts your thesis. If he were not fast, he would not have outran defensive backs ever. The same thing with strength. If he were not strong, he never would have run over Ray Lewis.

If you want to go over each of his carries over his career, come on down to Miami and we can do that on my new Sony XBR. :lol:

You're not budging in your defense of WM, so I will conclude this debate with...

Learn from your mistakes...Didn't you defend DB until the very end also??? :thumbsup::)

Quite possibly the easiest player to replace on the entire team.

With who? A-Train? Are you nuts?

This is similar to the thinking that Pat Williams was just some fat guy who clogged the middle and could be easily replaced by Sam Adams and some other fat guy.

With who? A-Train? Are you nuts?

Just like Pat Williams was just some fat guy who clogged the middle and could be easily replaced by Sam Adams and some other fat guy.

Did I say that a DT was easy to replace? NO! Replacing a medicore RB? It wouldn't be the biggest challenge Marv has ever faced. It doesn't have to be Thomas either. There will be plenty of alternatives in FA or the draft.

Did I say that a DT was easy to replace? NO! Replacing a medicore RB? It wouldn't be the biggest challenge Marv has ever faced. It doesn't have to be Thomas either. There will be plenty of alternatives in FA or the draft.

You focus all your time thinking about what McGahee doesn't do that you pay no attention to what he does do. You are not going to just throw a dart at a cheap free agent or mid-to-low round draft pick who will gain 1200 yards. Can it be done? Of course, with a TON of luck. You're a fool if you think it's likely.

You're not budging in your defense of WM, so I will conclude this debate with...

Learn from your mistakes...Didn't you defend DB until the very end also??? :thumbsup::)

I did. I also do not regret taking the position that the starting QB position should not be given away without competition.

I also do not regret taking the position (for years now) that the key to the Bills' fortunes lies with upgrading the lines.

I also do not regret defending WM against the haters on this board who seem to hate him for reasons that having nothing to do with his performance.

Haters: WM does not have any heart and will not play with an injury.

Fact: WM played with broken ribs and a bum anke for the second half of the season.

Haters: WM is not a Buffalo guy and will leave the first chance he gets.

Fact: WM buys a house in Buffalo and would like to extend his contract with the Bills. Just before the first game of the season, WM says that he would like to win the game for the City of Buffalo.

Haters: WM has no speed and cannot break the long run.

Fact: WM ran for a 57 yard TD.

Haters: WM dances (when they are not saying he is only a straight ahead runner).

Fact: How often does our line allow the defense to penetrate behind the line of scrimmage.

WM is the least of our worries. The sooner we upgrade the O-line the sooner we will go to the playoffs.