What's Our Position on Nick Saban?

Ennjay

*Ahem*

My desire would be for Saban to take the Bama job, and for Wayne to promote Mularkey as HC. Now, many think thatwould never happen, but we are talking about an owner that gave the HC job to Wanny after JJ left.

But, if does turn down the Bama, I hope he stays in Miami for a very lo-o-o-o-o-o-ng time.

Saban is a great college coach, but one suck ass NFL coach.

btw, he's craaAAAaaAAAAzy if he doesnt take the alabama job, imo

Crazy if he does. Nothing less than the second coming of Bear Bryant will be good enough for Tide Nation. See: Ray Perkins, Bill Curry, Gene Stallings, etc. ...

On the one hand, leaving is disruptive, especially when you've been telling your players you're staying, and who knows who replaces him in Miami (dare we dream of MM stepping up?). But on the other hand, he hasn't really done a very good job there -- and Miami has something like 22 free agents this year plus ????? at QB for the future -- so maybe we want him to stay so he can keep the Fish mediocre.

Serious opinions?

Any time kaos is created within the Dolphins organization it is a good thing --- always remember that!!!!! :D

Crazy if he does. Nothing less than the second coming of Bear Bryant will be good enough for Tide Nation. See: Ray Perkins, Bill Curry, Gene Stallings, etc. ...

Not!

Ray Perkins went back to NFL (Tampa Bay)

Bill Curry resigned and signed with Kentucky because he didn't like the new contract being offered

Gene Stallings could have stayed as long as he wanted, but chose to retire

Dennis Franchione left to go coach Texas A & M (he's still there)

Mike Price was fired because he was an imbecile with a drinking problem, and had a thing for strippers (he just did not know what to do with them)

Mike Shula was fired because he sucked.

Am I missing anybody?

Not!

Ray Perkins went back to NFL (Tampa Bay)

Bill Curry resigned and signed with Kentucky because he didn't like the new contract being offered

Gene Stallings could have stayed as long as he wanted, but chose to retire

Dennis Franchione left to go coach Texas A & M (he's still there)

Mike Price was fired because he was an imbecile with a drinking problem, and had a thing for strippers (he just did not know what to do with them)

Mike Shula was fired because he sucked.

Am I missing anybody?

Dubose... but then again, I'm guessing you don't miss him all that much. :D

At the time, I remember hearing rumors that Stallings' retirement wasn't entirely his idea; neither was Franchione's departure. And didn't Curry get a brick thrown through his office window after losing to Auburn?

Dubose... but then again, I'm guessing you don't miss him all that much. ;)

At the time, I remember hearing rumors that Stallings' retirement wasn't entirely his idea; neither was Franchione's departure. And didn't Curry get a brick thrown through his office window after losing to Auburn?

Christ, how could I forget the guy that was caught shagging his secretary.

(Maybe subconsciously I do want to forget him)

Franchione - He just flat left. Bama was about to get slapped with NCAA sanctions, and Texas A & M had just built or was finishing building new facilities that came equipped with a fatter contract for the new HC. Plus, Paul Bryant, Jr. (a member of the Board of Trustees for the University of Alabama) told Fran that if he got on a plane for College Station, Texas, he better never step foot in Tuscaloosa again. That sounds like they wanted Dennis to stay.

Stallings - I doubt he was forced. He was the second coming of Bear Bryant. :D

Curry - Pfft. Brick, shmick. What's a little rough house among friends. :lol:

So some people got upset he lost three straight to Aw-Barn. Bama was still offering a new contract to stay.

On the one hand, leaving is disruptive, especially when you've been telling your players you're staying, and who knows who replaces him in Miami (dare we dream of MM stepping up?). But on the other hand, he hasn't really done a very good job there -- and Miami has something like 22 free agents this year plus ????? at QB for the future -- so maybe we want him to stay so he can keep the Fish mediocre.

Serious opinions?

What difference does it make? BoZo the friggin Clown could be named head coach and the media would be knob bobbing all over him and writing how he was going to take that crap-bag franchaise to the Super Bowl next year.

:D Miami

I want him to leave. He's a good coach that will eventually have Miami in a position to be annual playoff contenders.

I just don't see this. I see Saban as someone who has been hyped up by the media and has shown complete incompetence in the areas of personnel and staffing. He's a hard ass in practice which never seems to work in the NFL for a long period of time. Like Tom Coughlin, its great to be a hardass when everything is going well, but as soon as there is a tough stretch players revolt, which is what happened for the G-men. I don't care if he leaves or stays, but just to see the reaction of the media when he completely disses the fish and makes them look foolish for ever hiring him would make my day.

Saban = Spurrier.......both good coaches, in college ball.

I think Mora got the raw end of the deal in the ATL, but he dug his own grave also with those dumb comments. He could make the Dolphins a decent team.

Mora is a moron. He's a fraternity brother of mine and i met him at our annual convention and he's a loud mouth who doesn't know when to shut up. We were all at a bar in Florida and Woody Paige (another lambda chi) told him to shut his stupid f'ing mouth about something...boy was i drunk that night. I wish I could remember what they were in disagreement about.

btw, he's craaAAAaaAAAAzy if he doesnt take the alabama job, imo

Considering that he is being guaranteed 40M over 8 to 10 years.....it would be insane for him to not take it (Fox Radio quoted that # in the morning).