With wins already by NYG, CAR, SF, STL, PIT we just need wins by:

BravinSeattle

...in order to come away with the number 11 pick in the 2007 draft at worst.

Even with wins by Miami and San Francisco to bring them to 7-9 our strength of schedule disadvantage is so large we won't jump past them to number 9 or 10.

With the 11th pick in the draft we would have an outside shot at the no. 1 DT in the draft, Alan Branch of Michigan, or the best RDE in the draft, Gaines Adams of Clemson.

There is always the chance that WR Dwayne Jarrett of USC drops or we could possibly draft Florida FS Reggie Nelson who I keep hearing is going to play CB in the NFL but we will likely also have the option of solving our problems at either RG or RT with Texas' Justin Blalock or Penn State's Levi Brown.

Either way with all of the strides we made as a team this year (JP establishing himself as our QB, stabilizing the defensive secondary, the improvement of the offensive line to at least adequate) we head into the draft and the offseason with needs that we will can definitely address through the draft rather than pinning our hopes on free agency.

While it would be nice to sign LG Eric Steinbach it may make more sense to re-sign Mike Gandy if that means we can bring back Clements and allow us to use that first round pick on RG, RT, DT (If Branch drops) or even an impact DE in the mold of Javon Kearse (Adams) if we decide to let Kelsay walk.

My hope is we could grab OG Justin Blalock, trade back into the late first round and grab WR Sidney Rice of South Carolina or stay put and grab DT Frank Okam (I pray nightly that hes coming out) to start in the 2007 draft. That would go a long way toward shoring up our lines, both offensive and defensive.

it doesn't matter where you pick if you know what you're doing. marques colston was picked 4 spots ahead of mr. irrelelvant. only a loser ever hopes to lose.

you're as bad as the sabre fans who don't want to win the presidents trophy. f that. i want to win every game, and have marv draft good guys anyway. studs go in every round.

So you want them to lose? !@#$ing idiot.

The game is meaningless just as the game today was for New Orleans and they pulled their starters as well. I'd rather be an idiot with the 11th pick than a true fan like you with the 23rd but that's just me.

There are no such things symbolic wins when you in the need of talent. I could understand if we were a lock to make the playoffs at the beginning of the year and we persevered through a lot of key injuries but we are 4 to 5 players away from being playoff team, perhaps more if we lose Clements, Fletcher, Kelsay.

it doesn't matter where you pick if you know what you're doing. marques colston was picked 4 spots ahead of mr. irrelelvant. only a loser ever hopes to lose.

you're as bad as the sabre fans who don't want to win the presidents trophy. f that. i want to win every game, and have marv draft good guys anyway. studs go in every round.

No one (Not even the Saints) new what they had in Colston. That was dumb luck. I'd rather not have to count on dumb luck in the 7th round to build a team.

The fact of the matter is that the talent drop off is significant with each pick and this team needs talent more than it needs symbolic wins.

Hey jester, the odds are stacked against the Bills winning today. If they win, great but it means little. Hence if they lose, other teams winning helps their draft position.

no...if they win (which, of course, they won't), it means a lot in terms of pride and confidence going into next season. and as was said above...the quality of the players is never ever ever the same as the order they were drafted. some teams (pats, for example) continue to win every year because they know how to draft, other teams (cards, lions) suck every year because they don't.

do you really think draft order makes any difference at all if you know what they hell you're doing?

(for the record, i think marv does.)

you make it sound like first round picks make or break your draft.

no...if they win (which, of course, they won't), it means a lot in terms of pride and confidence going into next season. and as was said above...the quality of the players is never ever ever the same as the order they were drafted. some teams (pats, for example) continue to win every year because they know how to draft, other teams (cards, lions) suck every year because they don't.

do you really think draft order makes any difference at all if you know what they hell you're doing?

(for the record, i think marv does.)

you make it sound like first round picks make or break your draft.

True! I understand both sides. Plus if we win free agents might really want to play for an up an coming team. Lets come back and beat a great Ravens team!

I'm happy to have 12 or 13 since we don't get the playoffs. But anybody who thinks winning today would have hurt this team has no clue.

Beating a top team fighting for a bye on the road to end the season would have been worth more to this team and its quest to get better than the change in the draft position.

But getting the #12 or #13 pick instead of the #21 (we would have finished pretty low in the strength of schedule tie breaker at 8-8) is a nice consolation prize after not pulling the upset.

And a big win for Seattle making the #1 they give up to New England a lot lower (now if they can get to the Super Bowl they would really screw the Pats).

What is the strength of schedule tiebreaker with GB and SF for the 11th-13th picks if we all finish tied? I have to think we come up at the bottom of that and need a GB win to get up to 12th.