With wins already by NYG, CAR, SF, STL, PIT we just need wins by:

BravinSeattle

The game is meaningless just as the game today was for New Orleans and they pulled their starters as well. I'd rather be an idiot with the 11th pick than a true fan like you with the 23rd but that's just me.

There are no such things symbolic wins when you in the need of talent. I could understand if we were a lock to make the playoffs at the beginning of the year and we persevered through a lot of key injuries but we are 4 to 5 players away from being playoff team, perhaps more if we lose Clements, Fletcher, Kelsay.

I never want to play to get a higher draft pick, thats just stupid. if we won today we would pick say 15th instead of 13th... we wont get the guy we want, and marv will draft another good player instead or if we really want him we trade up. two picks is not gonna make a big enough difference next season but to end on a winning note just might. insead of "we suck" we get :we almost had the playoffs lets work really hard this offseason to try and improve as a team" id rather have the latter than a POTENTIAL great player.

Lots of early first rounders bust *COUGH* Mike Williams* COUGH* too remember?

No, we had harder strength of schedule so the 49ers game had no influence on our position

If GB wins we pick 12th

If GB loses we pick 13th

Go Packers

I outlined some recent picks at #13 in this thread.

In terms of pick 12:

2006: 1 12 Haloti Ngata Ravens DT Oregon

2005: 1 12 Shawne Merriman Chargers LB Maryland

2004: 1 12 Jonathan Vilma Jets LB Miami (FL)

2003: 1 12 Jimmy Kennedy Rams DT Penn State

2002: 1 12 Wendell Bryant Cardinals DT Wisconsin

2001: 1 12 Damione Lewis Rams DT Miami (FL)

Or in other words we might be better of going with a LB then a DT in looking at the percentages.

I never want to play to get a higher draft pick, thats just stupid. if we won today we would pick say 15th instead of 13th... we wont get the guy we want, and marv will draft another good player instead or if we really want him we trade up. two picks is not gonna make a big enough difference next season but to end on a winning note just might. insead of "we suck" we get :we almost had the playoffs lets work really hard this offseason to try and improve as a team" id rather have the latter than a POTENTIAL great player.

Lots of early first rounders bust *COUGH* Mike Williams* COUGH* too remember?

That would be a valid point but we weren't talking about the difference in the 13th and 15th picks in the draft. This was about the difference between the 11th and the 20th pick in the draft.

Blalock will likely be off the board by that pick. Levi Brown? Gone. The no.1 CB? Gone. The no.1 DE? Gone. The no.1 DT? Gone.

There is a significant drop off in talent between the 11th and 20th pick. Yes you can find good players at that pick but I'd rather take a pass on the moral victory if it means picking higher for 7 rounds.

no...if they win (which, of course, they won't), it means a lot in terms of pride and confidence going into next season. and as was said above...the quality of the players is never ever ever the same as the order they were drafted. some teams (pats, for example) continue to win every year because they know how to draft, other teams (cards, lions) suck every year because they don't.

do you really think draft order makes any difference at all if you know what they hell you're doing?

(for the record, i think marv does.)

you make it sound like first round picks make or break your draft.

I would argue that draft position does matter. It matters even more, not less, if you know what you're doing.

They don't make or break your draft but they do give you a lot more options.