BIASED BULLSH*T

Amstel

I'm so tired of this crap. The Bills have a better record than the Fins and the Ravens are in 1st place in their division. Yet the other game is being shown. Three weeks ago when the Bills played the Jets in the late game they showed the Pats Fins game OPPOSITE the Giants game yet when the Bills are playing opposite the Giants the Bills are not shown on CBS......I had Directv and will have it again next year but this is such nonsense....

I'm so tired of this crap. The Bills have a better record than the Fins and the Ravens are in 1st place in their division. Yet the other game is being shown. Three weeks ago when the Bills played the Jets in the late game they showed the Pats Fins game OPPOSITE the Giants game yet when the Bills are playing opposite the Giants the Bills are not shown on CBS......I had Directv and will have it again next year but this is such nonsense....

The POS's running channel 6 in Albany have apparently made the same decision or have let CBS make up their minds for them. I pray for PPV via cable for the NFL. Then the locals can go straight to hell.

The NFL and the broadcasters are in show biz, and Peyton Manning is a big draw. I assume their market studies tell them that they will be able to get more money from advertisers with him flapping his arms all over the screen.

I wonder what they will be showing around the Albany area.

They'll be showing the Fins-Colts. I yelled at CBS6 about this and got the following response from Sports Director Doug Sherman:

Hi Andy,

It's unfortunate, but your eyes are not deceiving you. I, too, am surprised by the network's continues insistence not to give us the Bills. CBS Network Programming in NYC clearly has made up its mind that it gets higher ratings by showing other NFL games.

CBS is solely motivated by maximizing ratings, which translates into the largest number of viewers tuning in. It clearly feels the Albany market does better on non-Buffalo games. As best as I can tell, geography does not factor into the equation.

It doesn t matter whether the Bills are the only NYS team, and it doesn't matter that the Jets, Giants, and Patriots are all located closer to Albany than is Orchard Park. The fact is, CBS wants to attract the largest possible audience. Period. If that meant showing Raiders-Browns each week, they do it.

Thanks for the e-mail, and sorry to you and all the Bills fans.

Doug Sherman

WRGB Sports Director

So, the locals are blaming this on the big boys. I've never had any problems with Doug Sherman and have always thought he's been a good broadcaster/news guy, so I'd tend to believe him that this isn't the fault of the local station. I asked him if there's an address to which we can write scathing, expletive-laden messages to CBS (OK, I didn't say anything about the expletives to Doug Sherman)...if he gets back to me, I'll provide it here.

I don't know what we gotta do to get the Bills some more coverage here. My theory is that the NFL is trying to encourage people to get the Sunday Ticket. Won't happen with me as long as it's on a dish.....

Why are you wedded to cable? NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV is the only way to go.

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll answer...

I'm "wedded" to cable because it's much less of a hassle than a dish (not to mention there's no way I'll get it if the wife has any say).

If the league and networks (basically the same entity) had their way, the Bills would just go away. <_<

I'm "wedded" to cable because it's much less of a hassle than a dish (not to mention there's no way I'll get it if the wife has any say).

Why is it less of a hassle then a Dish? I switched 2 years ago & have not regretted it since. If you love sports it is the only way to go.

& why would your wife be against it???? Price is comparable. Grow a set of balls you fuggin p*ssy.

Why is it less of a hassle then a Dish? I switched 2 years ago & have not regretted it since. If you love sports it is the only way to go.

& why would your wife be against it???? Price is comparable. Grow a set of balls you fuggin p*ssy.

Yikes....take it easy, pal. Something tells me you're not married.....

It's less of a hassle (to me) because the cable is easy to set up. I admit I don't know much having a dish, but I can't imagine the setup and configuration is easier than a dish. Plus, I'm not necessarily thrilled about possibly losing a signal if the weather is bad enough.

It's less of a hassle (to me) because the cable is easy to set up. I admit I don't know much having a dish, but I can't imagine the setup and configuration is easier than a dish. Plus, I'm not necessarily thrilled about possibly losing a signal if the weather is bad enough.

Yeah Iam married. The wife always complains about sports on tv. That is why I said. My poor attempt at trying to be funny.

Plus I don't have it as an option because of where I live...apt complex where my orientation is such that I cannot view the satellite. More, the sat folks don't allow the Ticket to a non-landline phone address. I would have ordered it for my truck camper, but they won't allow that. So f... them, forever.

the dish totally blows,my parents have it and i have friends that have it,and when it rains or storms out they lose their dish tv.on the other hand ever since cable went digital well me personally i havnt lost my cable in years.they should have a pay per view package on cable.to force you to buy a dish to watch the games blows.

Just buy a DVR. My wife says it's the best thing I ever bought when I went to DirectTV. If she had to choose between me and the DVR, I'd be gone!

Just buy a DVR. My wife says it's the best thing I ever bought when I went to DirectTV. If she had to choose between me and the DVR, I'd be gone!

True...but cable outlets provide DVRs, also - I have one myself.

I'm not sure how that helps us being able to watch the Bills or how it would make the satellite better, though.... :censored:

Setup and configuration are simple. When I was in high school, my parents installed it themselves.

They moved earlier this year and decided to try out cable again (they had switched from DirecTV to Dish Network which was a huge mistake). They are now deadset on going back to DirecTV once the hockey season and their NHL Center Ice subscription is up.

It was funny though, my parents had the Comcast guy go out to their place yesterday because the picture was somewhat fuzzy. The Comcast guy said that it was about the best they could get over cable. He then asked if they had ever had a dish, and remarked that since they had, there is no way the picture quality would be nearly as good. He said that even though he gets cable for free at his house, he still pays for DirecTV because it is that much better.

Loss of signal due to weather is way over-rated. Our Satellite would go out maybe 10 minutes in a really, really, really heavy Orlando thunderstorm. Compared to Cable which would go out or be filled with snow for days until they fixed the line, it was much better.