The Rosenhaus / Levy Poker Game has started

Kipers Hair

I think you hit the nail on the head....Willis plays when he wants to play.

I hate to say this and I hope I am dead wrong, but in some ways I think McGahee takes plays off, I think hes out of shape, I dont see the same desire I see in other RB's of the NFL. I guess you can put some blame on our OL, but, I see what I see with Willis.

If McGahee was to leave the Bills, im a 100% sure there is another RB out there wanting to give it his all for this franchise more so then McGahee.

Like someone said, Look at Maurice Jones-Drew, that kid has the mentality of a legit RB, he gives it his all on every play even if he dont have the football. I also think hes very deserving of NFL rookie of the year.

I just dont see the same effort when I watch McGahee.

Dont get me wrong I like McGahee and all, I just dont think hes performing to what he really is capable of, I do think he would rather be somewhere else in the league and I have a bad feeling he would look like a different RB for another team.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Willis played against Indy and GB, two of the worst rushing defenses in the league this year, who knows where he would be? Just taking his season average of 74 yds per game (967/13 games) and adding that two times, he'd be at 1115 yards and 12th in the NFL.

Furthermore, look at the teams Willis has played against this year and their NFL ranking against the run:

Minnesota (1)

Jacksonville (3)

New England (5)

Chicago (6)

Miami (7)

San Diego (8)

*Baltimore (2)

That will comprise 9 of his 14 games.

Aren't "elite backs" supposed to play well regardless of the competition? I thought that was the point of having an elite back. I don't want a running back who is only a top back when playing against and inferior defense, because the NFL refuses to let my favorite team pick their own schedule of opponents based upon their ability to stop the run.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061...?tbd1004494.asp

Rosenhaus setting the stage for renegotiation, holdout. Unless he's turned over a new leaf, this could be ugly.

Allen Wilson starts the article with a statement that Willis has been one of the top backs in the league. Who is he crappin'?

Good. I have just been counting down the days until WM leaves town. Let's draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.

The one thing about Rosenhaus is that he does not usually hold clients out as a negotiating ploy. He is full of bluster but his clients are always there on opening day.

mike mckenzie? he followed through with his promise by sitting out 3 regular season games, and he got a trade/new deal out of it

Aren't "elite backs" supposed to play well regardless of the competition? I thought that was the point of having an elite back. I don't want a running back who is only a top back when playing against and inferior defense, because the NFL refuses to let my favorite team pick their own schedule of opponents based upon their ability to stop the run.

It's easy to pick and choose the stats you want. You said he's the 23rd ranked rusher in the NFL, and that's the end of it. Well, I just looked a little deeper into those stats. He missed two games against very weak run defenses, and he will have played 9 games against teams all in the top-8 in run defense.

I'm not sure what everyone considers an elite back to be. How many are there in the league? Are Cadillac and Ronnie Brown, two top-5 picks, elite backs? I don't think so. Is Rudi Johnson an elite back? He must be, because he's 7th in the NFL in rushing (with his less ypc than Willis.) Who would you like to replace Willis with? Maybe Chester Taylor from Minnesota? He must be awesome, because he's 9th in the NFL.

Bottom line: Over the course of a season, Willis will produce, and he won't turn the ball over. He will have games where he appears 'indifferent' and he will have games where he dominates. I'd be very happy if they extended him.

It's easy to pick and choose the stats you want. You said he's the 23rd ranked rusher in the NFL, and that's the end of it. Well, I just looked a little deeper into those stats. He missed two games against very weak run defenses, and he will have played 9 games against teams all in the top-8 in run defense.

I'm not sure what everyone considers an elite back to be. How many are there in the league? Are Cadillac and Ronnie Brown, two top-5 picks, elite backs? I don't think so. Is Rudi Johnson an elite back? He must be, because he's 7th in the NFL in rushing (with his less ypc than Willis.) Who would you like to replace Willis with? Maybe Chester Taylor from Minnesota? He must be awesome, because he's 9th in the NFL.

Bottom line: Over the course of a season, Willis will produce, and he won't turn the ball over. He will have games where he appears 'indifferent' and he will have games where he dominates. I'd be very happy if they extended him.

I too would like to see him extended, but at a rate that is appropriate for his production, when I start to see Edgerin James numbers thrown around (in the article), I get nervous. I believe Marv is smart enough to avoid making that kind of deal. I believe Rosehaus would be a bad agent if he didn't TRY to get that kind of deal.

Good. I have just been counting down the days until WM leaves town. Let's draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.

yeah let's do that, we could sure use someone like JJ Arrington running the ball for us.

People are acting like Willis just said he DOESN'T want to stay.

In case some of you didn't realize, he said he WANTS to sign a contract extension :thumbsup:

I am not for throwing huge money McGahee's way, but I think he is worth keeping. More than anything, this organization needs continuity, and McGahee will most likely be better than anyone the Bills can get in free agency or the draft short of burning a 1st round pick on a RB. I am tired of the cycle of downgrading by losing solid players and replacing them with unknown quantities and seeing the Bills get off to insurmountable 2-5 starts every year. If they are going to let quality starters walk, they better have equal replacements or else the Bills will be constantly taking steps backward, which is what we have witnessed for 7 years.

I too would like to see him extended, but at a rate that is appropriate for his production, when I start to see Edgerin James numbers thrown around (in the article), I get nervous. I believe Marv is smart enough to avoid making that kind of deal. I believe Rosehaus would be a bad agent if he didn't TRY to get that kind of deal.

Agreed. Willis has thus far been a pretty decent value; he hasn't come close to breaking the bank. I know, his five year contract has to be factored over four years of actual play...But he's been somewhat of a value when measuring production against pay.

Rosenhaus is a scumbag, but he's very good at taking care of his guys and getting the most money for them. He really misfired trying to renegotiate TO's 7 year/$49M deal with the Eagles, but beyond that error, I think he has a general respect of most players and GM's in the league. The GM's are pros, and Rosenhaus is a pro, and they seem to find some common ground. Minus the self-pub and camera time, I think DR is a very good agent.

I'd like to keep Willis, but I wouldn't mind a first day pick at RB. Anthony Thomas is WAY overrated around here. I love the "we don't lose hardly anything with A-Train" posters around here. You guys are the best!!!!!!!

Seriously. It's fuggin hilarious ! :thumbsup:

Then again maybe I am still just pissed about third and one, at the end of the half, against the Bolts. He catches a screen pass. All he has to do is fall forward for the first. If he does the Bills have the option of either trying for another score or sitting on the ball. Instead he dances around, loses yardage, and the Bolts end the half by scoring what amounted to the deciding points.

I will not question his talent, but he does not have brains and I am not so sure that he has heart either. Yes he did come back from a devastating injury but his main motivation appears to be money...

One of the best in the league? Please. :thumbsup: Willis! Let him play out the contract and prove he is one of the best. He hasn't shown me :lol:!!!

There is also the first game of the season when we went for it on 4th and 1 and WM didn't get the first down because he thought is was 3rd down.

He did show some skills last game however. IIRC, when he got into the EZ, he lowered his shoulder and drove the Titan defender 4 yards back into the EZ. He also had a nice catch out of the backfield that got negated due to a Preston penalty. I think he has improved as the season has gone on, but I think he needs to be extended at a rate that is commensurate of his production.

If it calls for extended him this offseason, do it, before he blows up next year because we draft a replacement this offseason and he becomes way too expensive for us to extend next year.

I'm OK with giving Willis a modest raise, trading him for a decent draft pick or watching him play out of his skull in a contract year and then letting him leave via FA. I'll be very disappointed if the Bills reward him with a big contract. I don't think he's shown that he's deserved one.

Anyone read the program at the game last Sunday? Willis wants to be a movie star! <_< I wonder if this isn't a ploy to force his way out of Buffalo so he can pursue his "career".

McGahee is one of the top backs in the League when he wants to be. He comes out of the game way too much and only runs his hardest when motivated or challenged. He is not worth top 10 money. 5 years, $20m, with incentives.

Exactly right on this one....

Willis is a very good back who's prove his toughness in addition to his talent this year. He won't get a monster deal, and I don't think he'd expect one, and in other news, Fletcher looks like he's ready to move on, so now it's time to make sure we nail down Clements and keep our rising team going in the right direction

I think Rosenhaus will expect a monster deal....Willis might not, but then again, he is from the "U"

NFL Running Backs (ordered by yards)

The ones I'd take over McGahee are in green.

Ladainian Tomlinson - This goes without explanation.

Larry Johnson - Top notch RB.

Frank Gore - Love the way he's playing right now, I'd like to see more from him though.

Tiki Barber - Retiring after this season.

Steven Jackson - Very close to McGahee in overall talent, I like how he can catch the ball, it's close, but right now I'd stick with McGahee.

Willie Parker - Very fast and elusive but doesn't show much power, also is VERY inconsistant.

Rudi Johnson - I'll say what I believe, he's the product of a great system.

Brian Westbrook - Can't carry the full load, not a power running back.

Chester Taylor - Having a nice year but one year doesn't make a career, let's see him do it again.

Thomas Jones - Not a top running back, that's for sure.

Fred Taylor - Very good, in his prime I'd take him over Willis, but he's old and I don't know how much more we'd be able to get out of him.

Travis Henry - He's coming around nicely in Tennessee but you think he's as good as Willis???

Edgerrin James - Yes, he's on the Cardinals and everyone who's on the Cardinals underperforms. But look at how Addai is doing with the Colts, he's having success as a rookie, I don't think James is as good as we thought he was.

Warrick Dunn - Running back with lots of speed, still not a top running back. Norwood is sneaking up on him for the starting job.

Jamal Lewis - Washed Up. Maybe 1 or 2 decent years left, 2000 yards was a fluke.

Ladell Betts - backup running back, hasn't started a full season, looks good as a backup though.

Julius Jones - Solid young running back, could be a lot more effective if given the chance to get goal line carries.

Deuce McCallister - Slowed down after a knee injury, he can still play though but I wouldn't take him over Willis.

Joseph Addai - Another product of a great system, still has been inconsistant.

Ahman Green - Old and washed up.

Tatum Bell - Speed is his only strength.

Maurice Jones-Drew - Great running back but he's famous for 2 big games against the Colts this year, I'd like to see him start a full year before saying I'd take him over Willis. He is one hell of a back though.

Ronnie Brown - Good RB, just not great.

DeSahun Foster - No.

Shaun Alexander - Yep, not much else to say, he's amazing.

Cadillac Williams - Fading fast after an outstanding rookie year.

Corey Dillon - He's just a power back now, he's old and I don't know how much longer he has.

Kevin Jones - Injury problems, inconsistant.

Lawrence Maroney - I think he's gonna be one hell of a running back, but he hasn't proven himself yet, so I wouldn't take him over Willis at the moment.

Reuben Droughns - hah. no.

Texans RBs - I liked Domanick Davis but that's 2 years in a row for the IR, will he ever bounce back?

Jets RBs - Washington has potential, I guess...

Raiders RBs - LaMont Jordan should not be a starter and Fargas is no better.

Reggie Bush - He's looked brilliant and he's looked awful, I just don't think he has enough power to be a feature back in the NFL. He's perfect for the 2 back system in New Orleans.

Jarious Norwood - Challenging Dunn for the starting RB position in ATL, he has a bright future.

DeAngelo Williams - He may turn out to be a good kick returner.

Marion Barber III - Has a nose for the endzone, not a starter though.

Clinton Portis - He's good, but he seems to be injury prone.

There are only 4 RBs I'd take over McGahee at the moment and looking at the draft it doesn't look like there's a big time stud coming out of that draft. Nothing obvious anyways.

I'd be happy to keep McGahee and there are probably only 3 or 4 other running backs I'd take over him.

Just for grins, I would take:

L Tomlinson

L Johnson

F Gore

S Alexander

J Addai - yes I would

R Bush

L Maroney

C Portis

I McGahee is in the next tier with Jones, Green, Droughns, Cadillac Williams, etal...

I'd be happy to keep McGahee and there are probably only 3 or 4 other running backs I'd take over him.

Ladanian Tomlinson

Larry Johnson

Travis Henry

Shawn Alexander

Rudi Johnson

Brian Westbrook

Reggie Bush

Deuce McCallister

Willie Parker

Thomas Jones

Fred Taylor

Maurice Jones Drew