TKO

Pass the Pipe

What could possibly be the purpose for cutting him Monday morning? To make fun of him?

If we are going to let him go - why wait? I say let the embattled warrior go to a team where a situational linebacker can help out. As it stands, he really does not have the range any longer to be anything but a run stuffer playing on the weak-side. Ellison has more up side.

I'd be willing to see if he'd take a pay cut rather than cutting him..........It took J. Peterson a full year to regain his explosiveness (I know he is a little younger) after having the same injury. I know its been a tough year for TKO but I don't know if he's totally done yet.

If we are going to let him go - why wait? I say let the embattled warrior go to a team where a situational linebacker can help out. As it stands, he really does not have the range any longer to be anything but a run stuffer playing on the weak-side. Ellison has more up side.

The topic of whether Spikes belongs on the Bills moving forward is entirely different than cutting him Monday morning. The Bills gain zippo by doing that. If they retain him they keep options open at the very least.

When was the last time you purposely did something that you knew could hurt you but could not help you?

I'd be willing to see if he'd take a pay cut rather than cutting him..........It took J. Peterson a full year to regain his explosiveness (I know he is a little younger) after having the same injury. I know its been a tough year for TKO but I don't know if he's totally done yet.

Give him another off season to get healthy and see what you have next year in training camp. You know the guy is very determined and it's tough to replace a guy of his pre-injury cliber if he can regain that form. Ellison does not look yet to me like a starting caliber player, but certainly looks good in comparison to the expectations for him this year which were low. He's not strong at the point of attack. Get's blocked in the run game easily so far.

Give him another off season to get healthy and see what you have next year in training camp. You know the guy is very determined and it's tough to replace a guy of his pre-injury cliber if he can regain that form. Ellison does not look yet to me like a starting caliber player, but certainly looks good in comparison to the expectations for him this year which were low. He's not strong at the point of attack. Get's blocked in the run game easily so far.

You echo my sentiments about Spikes. It's not fair to judge him until he has one more full pre-season.

I don't agree with you about Ellison. This kid looks like quite a player. He is very fast and has great instincts around the ball. He will be a starter for many years. I already consider him better than Crowell who is not half-bad himself.

The topic of whether Spikes belongs on the Bills moving forward is entirely different than cutting him Monday morning. The Bills gain zippo by doing that. If they retain him they keep options open at the very least.

When was the last time you purposely did something that you knew could hurt you but could not help you?

Wedding day

Does anyone think TKO would be suited to play the MLB spot if London is not re-signed? Assuming he does come back to his prior speed, he certainly has the size (245 I think) to man the middle.

Not sure about his instincts for the position. He's always played in space and his biggest asset was his speed, not his ability to take on and shed blockers. It would be a major adjustment, IMO.

Let's cut the most marketable player on the Bills ASAP.

What are you smoking in that pipe of yours? Have you ever been to a Bills game before? Have you seen how much the fans absolutely love TKO? You really think a move like that would go over well with an already declining fan base? Are you aware that his salary cap figure is relatively managable for the next 2 years? If you want to get rid of him, you trade him and get "something" in return. But the bottom line is that a full offseason is what he needs.

What will be his cap hit if we cut the guy Monday Morning?

Let's cut the most marketable player on the Bills ASAP.

What are you smoking in that pipe of yours? Have you ever been to a Bills game before? Have you seen how much the fans absolutely love TKO? You really think a move like that would go over well with an already declining fan base? Are you aware that his salary cap figure is relatively managable for the next 2 years? If you want to get rid of him, you trade him and get "something" in return. But the bottom line is that a full offseason is what he needs.

Thankyou Dawwg :doh:

You echo my sentiments about Spikes. It's not fair to judge him until he has one more full pre-season.

I don't agree with you about Ellison. This kid looks like quite a player. He is very fast and has great instincts around the ball. He will be a starter for many years. I already consider him better than Crowell who is not half-bad himself.

Better than Crowell? That's high praise for a Safety sized LB. I like what I have seen, but it's critical for him to add 15-20lbs and keep the speed....

THERE'S NOW WAY WE SHOULD GET RID OF SPIKES. We need him. He still needed to train, with Fletcher the new LBs the will eventually come in and replace them both. I still don't believe Spikes has finally lost it. Give him 2 more years people.

So you think that paying Spikes AND Fletcher top dollar to train their replacements would work? These guys both want to go and compete, not train. I think we have coaches that can train the players. The experience is going to have to come from Shobel, Bowen and othe established professionals. Somehow i do not think Ralph is going to open the cauffers to rtain players to train others...