Upgrade complete...

SDS

I'm not sure about slower, but it crashes Mozilla all the time (I don't use Firefox, but suppose maybe I should switch to that....)

Jeez, Louise... do you think you people might tell me this stuff? :oops:

which mozilla do you speak of....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about slower, but it crashes Mozilla all the time (I don't use Firefox, but suppose maybe I should switch to that....)
Don't bother. For me Firefox crashes are becoming worse with each FF upgrade. They must know it is happening because they added an option to reload the crashed session or start a new one (a lifesaver if you never bookmarked some new pages).

I don't get crashes with TDB but notice that auto refreshing sites (like http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl) seem to be the worse culprits. Also worse if the HD that supplies the VM gets below 2 GB.

BTW: I lost spell checking after the upgrade. Anyone know how to turn it back on?

Also the quick forum pull down menu at the bottom of the page doesn't wait for the GO button anymore.

No, I never pay anything. About 10 years ago, they gave me a disk, a password and a phone number and said "Here you go! Free internet service." So obviously, I have no idea what the deal is. :oops:

Sounds similar to a previous company I worked at. Dial into our companies servers, then go out to the internet. Sure it was free, but you were sharing that dial-up connection with thousands of other employees, company locations, etc.

Jeez, Louise... do you think you people might tell me this stuff? :oops:

which mozilla do you speak of....

Mozilla 1.7.12.

It seems to happen frequently when I try going "back" when the applets that load when making a post don't fully load (that make sense?). If I'm patient and make sure the screen is fully rendered before clicking back, it seems to be fine. Could be one of the extentions I have installed in Mozilla causing the problem, which is why I didn't bring it up (that, and I'm probably one of the few using Mozilla instead of IE or Firefox so didn't think you needed to waste time looking into it).

CW

Is it just coincidence for me(& my computer) or does it take a fair bit longer for each page to load than it did before the upgrade?

Anybody else experiencing slow loading times?

Yep... Here too... VERY labor intensive on dial-up, not so bad on high-speed... But, I can tell the difference.

TSW would load almost instanly before both ways... Now it seems like SabreSpace, things just lag.

I could open two browsers and go to TSW and SS and BEFORE TSW would just pop up and SS would lag... Now they both lag.

Again... Not to be the harbinger of bad news... Just seems to be very labor intensive all the way around...

I guess it is a good way to get me to stop using a lot of emoticons!

Even the post page will scroll and "align itself"/justify while you type...

Yep... Here too... VERY labor intensive on dial-up, not so bad on high-speed... But, I can tell the difference.

TSW would load almost instanly before both ways... Now it seems like SabreSpace, things just lag.

I could open two browsers and go to TSW and SS and BEFORE TSW would just pop up and SS would lag... Now they both lag.

Again... Not to be the harbinger of bad news... Just seems to be very labor intensive all the way around...

I guess it is a good way to get me to stop using a lot of emoticons!

Even the post page will scroll and "align itself"/justify while you type...

what browser operating system are you using? If you tell me IE 5 with win98 then you're out of luck. I have no problems with loading time, so it isn't server related (load times are at the bottom). It must be your individual computer. I'm guessing it is related to css/javascript as their usage has increased w/ each upgrade.

what browser operating system are you using? If you tell me IE 5 with win98 then you're out of luck. I have no problems with loading time, so it isn't server related (load times are at the bottom). It must be your individual computer. I'm guessing it is related to css/javascript as their usage has increased w/ each upgrade.

Thanks... It has to be my computer... The slow one runs IE 6 with 98SE... The XP machine seems fine...

I will be uprgrading soon...

Thanks... It has to be my computer... The slow one runs IE 6 with 98SE... The XP machine seems fine...

I will be uprgrading soon...

:rolleyes: (Sorry, couldn't help it...)

FF works just fine, but I'm not on a not dial-up connection. Looks good, Scott! The FF icon is no longer there, but, maybe you have a new logo cooked up?

Suddenly, I'm thinking SS needs an upgrade... :lol:

:rolleyes: (Sorry, couldn't help it...)

FF works just fine, but I'm not on a not dial-up connection. Looks good, Scott! The FF icon is no longer there, but, maybe you have a new logo cooked up?

Suddenly, I'm thinking SS needs an upgrade... :lol:

FF icon? Do you mean the "T"? Good point!