Your nominations for 2006 Song of the Year

Mark from Albany

Song of the Year:

Last year's winner: “Holiday,” Green Day.

1. “World Wide Suicide,” Pearl Jam. I still can't make out what Eddie's saying. But I think I hear him say “President.” I know he doesn't like the president. So I like the song.

2. “I'm so sick,” Flyleaf

3. “Out Here All Night,” Damone

4. “Strict Machine,” Goldfrapp

5. “Land of Confusion," Disturbed

Album of the Year:

Last year's winner: “American Idiot,” Green Day.

1. “Aerial,” Kate Bush. Why did she make us wait 10 years between albums?

2. “We Don't Need to Whisper,” Angels and Airwaves

3. “We Shall Overcome,” Bruce Springsteen

4. “Taking the Long Way,” Dixie Chicks

5. "Wintersong," Sara Machlachlan

Worst Song of the Year:

Last year's loser: “Smile!” Brian Wilson, entire album.

1. “Hate Me,” Blue October. Hit the “Scan” button. NOW!

2. Paris Hilton. Do I even have to explain this one?

3. “You're Beautiful,” James Blunt/ “Only Cab on the Road,” Train – Different men, same song

4. “SOS,” Rihanna/ “Promiscuous,” Nelly Furtado/ “Hips Don't Lie.” Shakira. Different boobs, same song.

5. "Fergylicious," Fergy. I thought she was supposed to be the talented one.

Those are my picks. And yours are.......?

Smile? That is the most anticipated album of all time. Are you familiar with the storyline of that album? There was competition between the Beatles and the Beach Boys. Rubber Soul brought out Pet Sounds, Smile was being recorded and Sargeant Peppers was released, was brilliant and helped cause Brian Wilson a complete mental breakdown. He ended up burning down the studio and all recordings of Smile and recorded the album last year from memory. Pet Sounds=one of the greatest records of all time!

Smile? That is the most anticipated album of all time. Are you familiar with the storyline of that album? There was competition between the Beatles and the Beach Boys. Rubber Soul brought out Pet Sounds, Smile was being recorded and Sargeant Peppers was released, was brilliant and helped cause Brian Wilson a complete mental breakdown. He ended up burning down the studio and all recordings of Smile and recorded the album last year from memory. Pet Sounds=one of the greatest records of all time!

I guess he must of not remembered it too well?

:doh:

I can think of 4 off the top of my head:

Wind It Up - Gwen Stefani

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Buttons - Pussycat Dolls w/Snoop Dog

Ain't No other Man - Christina Aguilera

Flame away. :w00t:

Wind It Up???

:doh::P :P :P

The :P icon just isn't enough.

I need a full out vomit.

Brian Wilson? Yeah, I'm more than old enough to remember the first go-round. And I rushed to the store the first day it was available. Couple of songs into it, I'm thinking: "Geez, this is losing listenability fast." I put it aside for a few weeks, thinking maybe I anticipated too much. Came back a couple times more, still bad. Maybe it would have been different if I'd seen it performed live.

I'm counting the remake by Disturbed as eligible because they did such a good job of interpreting the song in their own style. No Doubt did the same with "It's my life" a couple of years ago.

Oh, and sorry if I missed the release date on Goldfrapp. It's been all over the airwaves and used in just about every TV commercial these days cuz it's such a good groove. I thought it was more recent. If you want I can nominate a substitute.

C'mon, lemme have it....

Song of the Year:

Last year's winner: “Holiday,” Green Day.

1. “World Wide Suicide,” Pearl Jam. I still can't make out what Eddie's saying. But I think I hear him say “President.” I know he doesn't like the president. So I like the song.

2. “I'm so sick,” Flyleaf

3. “Out Here All Night,” Damone

4. “Strict Machine,” Goldfrapp

5. “Land of Confusion," Disturbed

Album of the Year:

Last year's winner: “American Idiot,” Green Day.

1. “Aerial,” Kate Bush. Why did she make us wait 10 years between albums?

2. “We Don't Need to Whisper,” Angels and Airwaves

3. “We Shall Overcome,” Bruce Springsteen

4. “Taking the Long Way,” Dixie Chicks

5. "Wintersong," Sara Machlachlan

Worst Song of the Year:

Last year's loser: “Smile!” Brian Wilson, entire album.

1. “Hate Me,” Blue October. Hit the “Scan” button. NOW!

2. Paris Hilton. Do I even have to explain this one?

3. “You're Beautiful,” James Blunt/ “Only Cab on the Road,” Train – Different men, same song

4. “SOS,” Rihanna/ “Promiscuous,” Nelly Furtado/ “Hips Don't Lie.” Shakira. Different boobs, same song.

5. "Fergylicious," Fergy. I thought she was supposed to be the talented one.

Those are my picks. And yours are.......?

i disagree w/ the bolded ones. You're reasoning for pearl jam is very poor, and i can't make out half of vedder's mumblings. Blue October's Hate me is a very underrated song IMO. FWIW I love Flyleaf, but i doubt that they are going to be up for top song awards, just because not many of critics respect screamer bands.

Maybe from late 80's, early 90's when Genesis first did it

Disturbed's cover of Land of Confusion is a great song and probably would have gotten my vote for song of 2006, except it's waaaaaaaay overplayed

its almost as overplayed as Danny California (Chili Peppers) which I heard once on 4 local radio stations at the same time.

Radio Station A plays Danny California (which I was sick of hearing)

Radio Station B is on commercial

Radio Station C is playing Danny California :lol:

Radio Station D is playing another song. After that song they play Danny California

Back to Radio Station Bs commercials, which finish and then they play Danny California :thumbsup:

Disturbed's cover of Land of Confusion is a great song and probably would have gotten my vote for song of 2006, except it's waaaaaaaay overplayed

its almost as overplayed as Danny California (Chili Peppers) which I heard once on 4 local radio stations at the same time.

Radio Station D is playing another song. After that song they play Danny California

Back to Radio Station Bs commercials, which finish and then they play Danny California :thumbsup:

Wow, sounds like the radio stations here! :lol:

I have never heard that version of Land of Confusion. :lol:

Isn't it Dani California?... With an "i"...

Danny is a boy's name... Dani is a girl's name...

:lol::lol: