Anyone hate Tasker as much as I do?

generaLee83

I seriously think that he should form a super gay relationship with Vince Young.

It was unbelievable today, even when B-flo was up by 9 he didn't take young's nobber out of his mouth.

I know that everyone will say that he's trying to come off as objective in announcing, I understand that. He takes it way too far though.

I hate Steve Tasker and after today's game I have decided that the TV volume will be muted and I will listen to the radio broadcast.

I am ashamed that he was ever a Bill. I'm serious.

Oh yeah, how about that heaping pile of horse sh_t conversation in the booth about black quarterbacks and black people in the NFL. How prior QB's laid the groundwork for players like Vince to emerge. I'm not sure but did any teams have any "whites only" policies when it came to QB?

They play it off like it's the civil rights movement and that football actually has a slight inkling of relevance to real life, the real civil rights advocates and all of us low-life hard working scum.

What is the NFL 60%+ black?

give it a rest

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't use the words hate and tasker in the same sentence. Yes he is annoying as an announcer. But lets not forget what this guy did for this franchise and this city.

And I got the chance to meet him on several occasions and he is a great guy and fun to talk to.

877820[/snapback]

Steve Tasker equals Paul Mcguire

he is terrible as an announcer. For someone who was as good as he was, he offers precious little insight to the game. More times than not he speaks in tired cliches usually reserved for people who have never played the game.

I'm not arguing his capacity (or lack there of) as announcer. I just think "hate" is a bit of a strong word to be using to describe #89.

he is terrible as an announcer.  For someone who was as good as he was, he offers precious little insight to the game.  More times than not he speaks in tired cliches usually reserved for people who have never played the game.

877884[/snapback]

I taped the game and while watching it I got so tired of him hyping up VY that I wanted to puke! He being a homer didn't give JP or the Bills any props whatsoever. I have been annoyed with him before but I hope that this was the last Bills game he ever commentates!

Seriously.

This guy was a key element in our super bowl run.

So he struggles with announcing.

BFD!!

He is a buffalo bills legend and really should be treated as such.

I know a lot of people on here are mad at him and won't change their minds no matter what I say, but just try and remember how this guy just laid it on the line for us fans back in the day. And did someone on this thread actually compare him to paul mguire?

Gimme a break. Mcgurie was a punter no?

I won't even start with how inane that comparison is.

Honestly, I think he is an awful announcer and does overcompensate. But that would never affect the positive memories I had of him back when we were going to super bowls.

But that is just me

HVBF

I think some people need to go watch some old game highlights.  Tasker is not a great announcer, and does go over the top trying to not show favoritism to Buffalo, however, we need to remember the smackdab the guy used to lay down week in and week out and show some respect.

878028[/snapback]

he is terrible as an announcer.  For someone who was as good as he was, he offers precious little insight to the game.  More times than not he speaks in tired cliches usually reserved for people who have never played the game.

877884[/snapback]

My favorite was when there was a penalty on that long run by Henry, Tasker YELLS "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO". My Dad and I couldn't have taken much more. It was truly sickening. :thumbsup:

with all due respect before the Titans won the game he said as long as Vince Young is on the field they can win the game and they have the upper hand with the big play capabilities, and it turned out Tasker was true.

Dont hate on a guy when he speaks the truth. Trust me I got sick of it aswell, but face the facts Tasker was right!

Hes not a homer, thats why you dont like him! He tells it how it is when it comes to the bills like it or not!

with all due respect before the Titans won the game he said as long as Vince Young is on the field they can win the game and they have the upper hand with the big play capabilities, and it turned out Tasker was true.

Dont hate on a guy when he speaks the truth.  Trust me I got sick of it aswell, but face the facts Tasker was right!

Hes not a homer, thats why you dont like him!  He tells it how it is when it comes to the bills like it or not!

878448[/snapback]

Shhhhh...don't divert people from playing with the shiny things under the tree.