Dick Jauron

That's about the smartest comment I have  seen on this board today.

877110[/snapback]

I appreciate the compliment, but the bar isn't set that high.

ESPN, as a group of people dedicated to reporting strictly on sports, is a joke. Sorry you don't agree. I must need more sha'zizzle or something.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I have said before I don't have a problem with going for it on 4th down, the problem i have is the play call on 3rd down. If he knew he was going on 4th then they should have run the football on third and had a play ready for 4th down. The play calling was unacceptable IMHO but i don't coach football so who am i.

877150[/snapback]

I agree you run it under these circumstances.

This thread is moronic. Having sat at that end of the field for most of the games this year and for the better part of the last 20 years, I can say with ease that there is NO WAY Lindell was going to make that kick. Nobody here has any standing to question the call to go for the first down unless they were in the stadium to observe warm-ups and the four minutes in which the kickers and punters tested the wind before the second half began. Any kick beyond 43 yards was highly unliklely to succeed. The kick that the Titans made into that end of the stadium was probably 42 yards in length and might have been good from about 43, but no more than that. The ball hits a wall of wind and literally stops.

As to the point about the "game tape" and the wind being more serene at that point in the game than it had been earlier . . . I don't think that statement is accurate. The wind did shift for a brief period early in the fourth quarter, but it was stiff at the time that Jauron chose not to attempt the field goal.

There is no second-guessing this decsion. Unless you were there, you can't understand the wind. Take it to the bank: there is no way Lindell would have made that kick.

yes, orig. from E.A.

just sayin look at the game tape , the wind was not blowing hard during that play.

877151[/snapback]

The flags at the top of the stadium look a lot different than the flags on the goalposts. What you see on top of the goalposts is not indicative of what the conditions are like even a few feet above that level.

You are 100% wrong!  I sit in the Rockpile and I know for a fact that when the wind is howling, field goals hit a wall at 35 yards.  It would have been 42 yards from where the Bills were.  There's no way Lindell makes that kick.

877097[/snapback]

I disagree. The wind wasn't that bad at the time. Rian probably would have nailed it.

And I totally agree with you!  :thumbdown:

877261[/snapback]

It might have been the right decision, but I think it sits easier for everyone to have made the attempt. I mean, take Vinatieri kicking the ice ball against the Raiders for the win a few years back. Most people assumed he'd miss, but somehow it went through. I'd much rather have seen the attempted FG than a poorly designed 4th and 5.

I disagree. The wind wasn't that bad at the time. Rian probably would have nailed it.

877252[/snapback]

with the wind being so unpredictable in that stadium, it's good to see that your hindsight is 20/20

Yes because the other play worked so beautifully.

877286[/snapback]

with the situation the playcalling had gotten them into, NEITHER a field goal or that other botched play was going to work...our goose was cookde

what wind?  Do you live in the northeast?

877131[/snapback]

No, he's right. The flags on top of the goalpost appeared to be still right before the fourth down play. That was why I was flabbergasted they went for it. But, I don't doubt the coaches. They were there, I wasn't, and they were able to provide us with a meaningful game. That's all I can ask.

We had about a 1% chance of winning next week any way.

with the situation the playcalling had gotten them into, NEITHER a field goal or that other botched play was going to work...our goose was cookde

877296[/snapback]

And it's the loser mentality like that that will never win the Bills a superbowl.