4th quarter with the wind against us

Estro

Here's the main question I had fter watching the game. Why was the wind in our face in the 4th quarter. The Titans received the ball to start the 2nd half, which means the Bills picked which end to defend. Obviously they chose to go with the wind in the 3rd quarter and have it in their face in the 4th quarter.

I noticed they did the same thing vs the Dolphins last week and I wondered why a team would elect to give the opposing team the wind in the crucial 4th quater. Granted we made some plays in the 3rd quarter that we maybe wouldn't have had we had the wind in our face that quarter, but looking back on it not having the wind with us in the 4th was our staffs own choice. HUGE mistake not to have the wind with us in my opinion. Because you know Lindell is on the field for a 45 yard attempt if we were going the other way.......and maybe we're all talking about what a great win that was for the Bills.

Damn what ba dissapointing loss, especially with all the other games going our way.

Here's the main question I had fter watching the game.  Why was the wind in our face in the 4th quarter.  The Titans received the ball to start the 2nd half, which means the Bills picked which end to defend.  Obviously they chose to go with the wind in the 3rd quarter and have it in their face in the 4th quarter. 

I noticed they did the same thing vs the Dolphins last week and I wondered why a team would elect to give the opposing team the wind in the crucial 4th quater.  Granted we made some plays in the 3rd quarter that we maybe wouldn't have had we had the wind in our face that quarter, but looking back on it not having the wind with us in the 4th was our staffs own choice.  HUGE mistake not to have the wind with us in my opinion.  Because you know Lindell is on the field for a 45 yard attempt if we were going the other way.......and maybe we're all talking about what a great win that was for the Bills.

Damn what ba dissapointing loss, especially with all the other games going our way.

876988[/snapback]

Very dissapointing loss. But the future is lookin good.

Here's the main question I had fter watching the game.  Why was the wind in our face in the 4th quarter.  The Titans received the ball to start the 2nd half, which means the Bills picked which end to defend.  Obviously they chose to go with the wind in the 3rd quarter and have it in their face in the 4th quarter. 

I noticed they did the same thing vs the Dolphins last week and I wondered why a team would elect to give the opposing team the wind in the crucial 4th quater.  Granted we made some plays in the 3rd quarter that we maybe wouldn't have had we had the wind in our face that quarter, but looking back on it not having the wind with us in the 4th was our staffs own choice.  HUGE mistake not to have the wind with us in my opinion.  Because you know Lindell is on the field for a 45 yard attempt if we were going the other way.......and maybe we're all talking about what a great win that was for the Bills.

876988[/snapback]

The Bills were trailing 20-19 at halftime, and had to kickoff to start the half. The right call was to kick with the wind, and use the wind to get the lead. They did that, and led by 9 going into the 4th. We did not hold on--you can't have everything...CD

The Bills were trailing 20-19 at halftime, and had to kickoff to start the half.  The right call was to kick with the wind, and use the wind to get the lead.  They did that, and led by 9 going into the 4th.  We did not hold on--you can't have everything...CD

877015[/snapback]

I believe the direction of the field is decided at the start of the game. The Bills won the toss...taking the the ball. The Titans took the direction of the field with the wind behind them. They get the wind in the first and fourth quarter. The team winning the kickoff gets it in the second and third. Nothing changes at half-time.

Can someone positively confirm this?

I believe the direction of the field is decided at the start of the game. The Bills won the toss...taking the the ball. The Titans took the direction of the field with the wind behind them. They get the wind in the first and fourth quarter. The team winning the kickoff gets it in the second and third. Nothing changes at half-time.

Can someone positively confirm this?

877076[/snapback]

You are incorrect. The team that loses the toss gets the option to start the second half to receive the ball or pick direction. Titans elected to receive, Bills choose the wind...CD