Bills game streamed on Website

UnionAMG

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some have said on other threads that the sopcast player or whatever is so poor in quality they had to shut it off after awhile.

874675[/snapback]

It kept pausing for around 10 secs. They would line up and FREEZE. It did get kinda painful. I eventually turned on the radio.

Did anyone get a consistent picture?

just watched tonight's game, there were about 4 times when it was going really slow and skipping and freezing etc., but I'm guessing it could be because it was really busy? I tried a few other stations and it worked perfectly.

Still really happy with how the thing works, the game tonight really sucked, but I can't blame the thing for the way that Favre played, hopefully they can get the Bills game on it. Thanks for that link.

The NHL has put some legal presure on sopcast.  I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL follow suit and sends out their own cease and desist letter.

874704[/snapback]

That may be true. However, ultimately, I suspect that they may have about as much success as RIAA and the MPA. It's live P2P...

Here is a quote from a dslreports discussion.

Although most of the posts on this site seem pretty critical of this, I think they are missing the point. As it matures it will become more useful, remember there is the facility to rebroadcast your own streams, it's just the case that few people have done that yet. It it normally very difficult to stream video to many users unless you are a large company. To me Sopcast seems to be a very elegant solution to a complex problem -everybody rebroadcasting the stream to each other- and of course the software will get better and better. It is perfectly suited to one-off events such as sports that may be broadcast in one geographic area but not another. I have recently been able to watch my favourite sport (cricket) although I live in France where it is unknown and unbroadcast by any of the networks. For me this is a great thing, and after experimenting i.e. learning to be patient for a few minutes until I got a stable stream, found it to work very well.

Probably not much use if you are looking for movies etc. but for the above purpose it's fantastic. Surely this is a great use of the internet?

The network doing the broadcast still gets to present their commercials. I don't see where the NFL would see it as anything other than more access to their product.

That may be true.  However, ultimately, I suspect that they may have about as much success as RIAA and the MPA.  It's live P2P... 

Here is a quote from a dslreports discussion.

The network doing the broadcast still gets to present their commercials.  I don't see where the NFL would see it as anything other than more access to their product.

875157[/snapback]

This implies a degree of rationality in thinking that tends to be undercut by folks wanting control and being quite willing to do something against their interests simply so they feel in control of life.

In fact, our legal system is built to demand that folks consistently maintain authority and control even if it does not meet their interests at that point where if someone does not consistenly protect their copyright they are more subject to legal argument that the copyright is void.

The network doing the broadcast still gets to present their commercials.  I don't see where the NFL would see it as anything other than more access to their product.

875157[/snapback]

The difference is, it is not "exclusive".....

This implies a degree of rationality in thinking that tends to be undercut by folks wanting control and being quite willing to do something against their interests simply so they feel in control of life.

In fact, our legal system is built to demand that folks consistently maintain authority and control even if it does not meet their interests at that point where if someone does not consistenly protect their copyright they are more subject to legal argument that the copyright is void.

875171[/snapback]

I agree, they are going to have to spend money to go after the P2Ps that will spring up. I just doubt they will have any success at stopping it.

One thing that this type of discussion does highlight is that TV could very easily go the way of the 8-track, VCR, and Record player in the next 10-20 years.

well it's on now :sick:

before it was screwed up it was on nickelodean or whatever and it had the half screen guide on, missed almost the whole first half.

Hopefully the Bills game tomorrow is done right!

875849[/snapback]

After the game was on, it kept stopping and starting (and buffering).

Am I doing something wrong? :lol:

no I was having the same problem, it was stopping every few minutes. I watched the game with it on Thursday and it only did that about once every half hour, it was a lot better on Thursday. Hopefully the Bills game is decent today because it's my only shot at seeing the game.