The Sabres Store...UPDATE

I tried to be slick and buy my girlfriend a Pominville home jersey, found a guy on ebay and we talked thru email cuz he said that would be the quickest way, promiced me i'd get the jersey in time for christmas and i send him the cash thru mail...... now he doesnt anwser my emails or anything.

To make a long story short, might as well wait and buy it from legit sources then trying to out-do the system and buy it from an outside source and get screwed $180.

I got her lot of stuff anyways but i really wish i had the jersey. So i went to the team store and was gonna buy a Pominville medium shirt, and they were sold out so i had to get her a large. This xmas isn't on my side. :lol:

so OK you may be not a bandwagoner...

But something's sure at least:  you have an horrible fashion taste!

873912[/snapback]

I went to the site and could only find the women's jersey. I ddint like the away jersey either until I saw it in person. Slug and all I......gulp........liked it.

I tried to be slick and buy my girlfriend a Pominville home jersey, found a guy on ebay and we talked thru email cuz he said that would be the quickest way, promiced me i'd get the jersey in time for christmas and i send him the cash thru mail...... now he doesnt anwser my emails or anything.

873823[/snapback]

You sent him CASH and now he doesn't respond to your emails? I can't believe this!! :lol:

873823[/snapback]

Your girlfriend should dump you for being a moron.

If you mail me $50, I'll get your money back for you.

To make a long story short, might as well wait and buy it from legit sources then trying to out-do the system and buy it from an outside source and get screwed $180.

I got her lot of stuff anyways but i really wish i had the jersey. So i went to the team store and was gonna buy a Pominville medium shirt, and they were sold out so i had to get her a large. This xmas isn't on my side. :(

873823[/snapback]

Lesson learned I hope. :doh:

You may have recourse thru EBay, since contacting potential buyers outside of the system is a breach of the terms of use. However, I would think the worst that could happen would be that they would be kicked off the site.

I got her lot of stuff anyways but i really wish i had the jersey. So i went to the team store and was gonna buy a Pominville medium shirt, and they were sold out so i had to get her a large. This xmas isn't on my side. :(

873823[/snapback]

The only thing preventing me from laughing my ass off at someone sending $180 in CASH to someone they have only met through emails, who asked you to work out of the (safe) ebay process and promised to send the Jersey if you send cash, is my sense of Christmas Spirit...

I will return to this thread on December 26th and respond accordingly at that time.

Oh God, I just can't help myself....

WALLET INSPECTOR!!! Everyone please hand in your wallets for inspection. They will be returned in a few minutes... I promise. :doh:

I went to the site and could only find the women's jersey.  I ddint like the away jersey either until I saw it in person.  Slug and all I......gulp........liked it.

873914[/snapback]

I came out of the slug closet last month. I like the new unis - especially the new home jerseys.

I just want to say that even though I HATE the new Jersey's, there are A LOT of people clamoring to buy them. And what about the third Jersey? I would have bought one of those..,

This is probably 100s of thousands in lost revenue for the team by not having these things available for the Holiday Season (and who even knows about the rest of the HOCKEY season)...

They've know for over 2 years that they were changing Jerseys and this is the planning they did.

For a team that close to the cap and struggling to make a profit with such a high payroll, I think they have blown a MASSIVE chance to make a boatload of money.

Is there some explanation that I am not aware of. (Perhaps the third world laborors that make these things have gone on strike).

I got her lot of stuff anyways but i really wish i had the jersey. So i went to the team store and was gonna buy a Pominville medium shirt, and they were sold out so i had to get her a large. This xmas isn't on my side. :doh:

873823[/snapback]

Ouch. Rookie mistake Donte. That's why you go through the ebay system. You should post a thread on the e-bay boards with the guy's handle. Maybe some of the hardcore e-bayers would have a suggestion for what to do.