New Jumbotron next year

UnionAMG

From BuffaloBills.com...

In 2007, the Bills will install a new Mitsubishi high definition LED video display measuring 33.5 feet by 82.8 feet. This installation will be only the second true high definition display in the NFL, largely as a result of the integral HD Processor used to produce the necessary lines of resolution (1080), to accurately depict an HD image. The current JumboTron was installed in 1994 and this week Bills fans will be able to vote on their top JumboTron moment.

From BuffaloBills.com...

In 2007, the Bills will install a new Mitsubishi high definition LED video display measuring 33.5 feet by 82.8 feet. This installation will be only the second true high definition display in the NFL, largely as a result of the integral HD Processor used to produce the necessary lines of resolution (1080), to accurately depict an HD image. The current JumboTron was installed in 1994 and this week Bills fans will be able to vote on their top JumboTron moment.

873389[/snapback]

So at 33.5 x 82.8 i'm assuming 33.5 high x 82.8 long. So it's like the new HD widescreen TVs on roids then.

From BuffaloBills.com...

873389[/snapback]

Who is paying for it?

Ralph, or taxpayer ????

Actually I blame the downfall of the Super Bowl Bills on the Jumbotron. When it was installed I noticed the players spending more time watching their replays than focusing on the game. That was 1994 - the year they stopped going to the Super Bowl.

Put small replay screens at every seat instead so the players can focus!

Actually I blame the downfall of the Super Bowl Bills on the Jumbotron.  When it was installed I noticed the players spending more time watching their replays than focusing on the game.  That was 1994 - the year they stopped going to the Super Bowl.

873491[/snapback]

Good point. And I distinctly remember Willis slowing down on a long TD run this past preseason so he could watch himself score.

Actually I blame the downfall of the Super Bowl Bills on the Jumbotron.  When it was installed I noticed the players spending more time watching their replays than focusing on the game.  That was 1994 - the year they stopped going to the Super Bowl.

873491[/snapback]

Better yet, put small screens in the end zone. Then they'll have a reason to get there faster.

Good point. And I distinctly remember Willis slowing down on a long TD run this past preseason so he could watch himself score.

873644[/snapback]

Actually the reason you see those guys checking the big screen on those long plays is so they can see what might be closing in on them from behind without having to turn thier heads around, which tends to really slow you up.

for a long time they had the horrible black and white scoreboard.

When the stadium guys were feeling really frisky they would throw up a black and white replay - but they could only go for about 2 seconds because they probably didn't have enough computing power. (and the scoreboard was a lightbulb scoreboard - ie, it was filled with what seemed to be normal size lightbulbs.). you wouldn't believe it if you saw it today.

Then in the late 80's (i think) hey got a crappy color version of the same sh*tty scoreboard - it sucked too.

And THEN they finally got the nice jumbotron we have now, which at the time was super state of the art....

for a long time they had the horrible black and white scoreboard.

When the stadium guys were feeling really frisky they would throw up a black and white replay - but they could only go for about 2 seconds because they probably didn't have enough computing power. (and the scoreboard was a lightbulb scoreboard - ie, it was filled with what seemed to be normal size lightbulbs.). you wouldn't believe it if you saw it today.

Then in the late 80's (i think) hey got a crappy color version of the same sh*tty scoreboard - it sucked too.

And THEN they finally got the nice jumbotron we have now, which at the time was super state of the art....

873735[/snapback]

When the stadium opened it was actually orange and black.