Week 16 Rooting Schedule

Ozymandius

I can't wait.  As I mentioned before my biggest one step at a time goal is beating the Titans and having the playoff hopes mathematically alive when we head into Baltimore, because every week that this "playoff scenarios" topic has continued it has become more likely and more meaningful and more exciting.

870980[/snapback]

I see where you are coming from and agree for the most part except that just beating the Titans will not keep our hopes alive going into Baltimore.

It isn't in our hands period... We still need help and beat the Titans.

If Cincy wins tonight... We gotta watch the Jets game and are totally helpless no matter what we did against the Titans.

I am not trying to be a downer... Just a realist... I sure hope the Dolphins hate the Jets more than they hate the Bills...

For karma sake we should be real nice to the Dolphins and their fans... <_<<_< Of course only if Cincy wins! :rolleyes:

Sorry Puhonix... No apologies just yet! :rolleyes:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have updated the original post to include how the Bills can control their own destiny heading into Week 17. The outcomes are in red.

Essentially, Bills control their own destiny if:

1. Colts beat Bengals tonight

2. Bills beat Titans

3. Dolphins beat Jets

4. Broncos beat Bengals

5. Patriots beat Jaguars

Exactly.

Has anybody figured out some wild scenario if an 8-8 team can make it in?

870744[/snapback]

Yes, there IS a scenario that an 8-8 team can make the playoffs. Here is one.

Jets lose to MIA and OAK

Pit loses to BAL

JAX loses to NE and KC

Ten loses to NE

Den loses to CIN and SF

KC loses to OAK, beats JAX

This leaves 7 teams at 8-8 and CIN at 9-7.

Actualy, that scenerio isnt too far fetched....alot needs to happen as scheduled, which never happens, but the hardest part of that is OAK beating KC. Other than that, everything seems like a better than 50% chance of each event happening.

Nice work Ozy. :rolleyes:

You could add a few other games as a 1 because they will have some, minor impact on the Bills-Bengals strength of victory tiebreaker as I recently detailed here:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=56563

TB vs. CLE: The Bengals beat Cleveland twice so a Bucs win would help the Bills with the tiebreaker.

NYG vs. NO: The Bengals beat New Orleans so a Giants win would help the Bills with the tiebreaker.

ATL vs. CAR: The Bengals beat Carolina so a Falcons win would help the Bills with the tiebreaker.

HOU vs. IND: The Bills beat Houston so a Texans win would help the Bills win the tiebreaker.

I wasn't ever going to post this here because I'm just a lurker on these boards, but I made a web comic about the Bills a few weeks ago that sort of shows how I feel about this squad. Don't get me wrong, I love this team more than almost anything. It's just stressful that I find myself sitting here at 10:30 running through what combinations we need to finally get back into the playoffs.

The sad thing is that I'm almost confident they'll find a way to make it.

Go Bills!

Updated to reflect how Bills can control own destiny heading into Week 17

Updated to reflect what outcomes can reduce the importance of the Jets-Miami game

Up front disclaimer:  YES I know the Bills need to beat the Titans or none of this matters.  Now shaddup!  Having said that, in case you were wondering what other games impact the Bills playoff chances, well here's a list.  The discussion threads for this list are here and here and here.

For the "importance" rankings, anything ranked 5 or higher would be a devastating blow to lose.  The only 10 or absolute must-win is Bills beating Titans.  Dolphins beating Jets is a 9, though.  Everything below a 5 is a nice-to-have but not necessary.

HOME team in CAPS

Monday

COLTS beat Bengals (Importance = 8):

a) Bills chasing Bengals for a wild-card spot.  Really need this game for chance to win tiebreaker with Bengals.  Bengals loss opens up more options to make the playoffs.

b) this is 1st of 5 outcomes that must occur for Ravens-Bills game to mean nothing to Ravens.

c) this is 1st of 5 outcomes that must occur for Bills to control own destiny heading into Week 17

d) Bengals loss here is a MUST to reduce the importance of the Jets-Miami game

Saturday

Chiefs beat RAIDERS (Importance = 5)

a) need Chiefs to win out because that will eliminate Broncos during multiple-team tiebreakers, sending Bills to the playoffs.  Bills lose tiebreaker to Broncos otherwise.

b) Chiefs win here is a virtual necessity to reduce the importance of the Jets-Miami game

c) a Chiefs loss here opens the door for Bills to be knocked out before Week 17 (add Broncos beating Bengals, Jets beating Miami)

Sunday 1:00

BILLS beat Titans (Importance = 10)

a) Duh!

b) this is 2nd of 5 outcomes that must occur for Bills to control own destiny heading into Week 17

870543[/snapback]

This is great stuff! Makes it much easier to figure out who to root for, plus the green & red colors make me feel all "Christmasey", too!

Thanks for the effort and the info. :(

Go ahead...quaff an ale - 'on me'....

:bag:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Well feel better in the fact we swept them and knocked them out of the playoff picture now we just need them to knock out the jets. Think of it not rooting for miami but against the jets in the interest of the Bills :(

871564[/snapback]

but it's still miami :bag:

maybe we'll get lucky and a flaming comet will crash into Miami during the game so neither team can win