The goal line stand at the end of the game

Gary M

It PROVED to me that the rivalry is alive and well.

870022[/snapback]

But Rock, wouldn't you have rather played Cincinnati yesterday? They're much closer than Miami...and they would be a better rival, and the Miami rivalry is dead, and... :rolleyes:

:nana:

I think it made a big statement about the Defense.

Yes they have given up lots of yards, but I think it showed that when they want it bad enough they can stop a team.

870007[/snapback]

it sure helped that Mullarkey was too stupid to not run the ball on the last 2 plays.

But Rock, wouldn't you have rather played Cincinnati yesterday?  They're much closer than Miami...and they would be a better rival, and the Miami rivalry is dead, and... :unsure:

:P

870475[/snapback]

I took maybe a dozen photos or so as I walked around Lot One with my son yesterday. I was thinking about the feeling of some that the rivalry was dead. So, I was trying to capture how it felt to BE there. I will try to post a link in the next day or so.

There is an electricity in the air a touch higher when it is a Miami game. The air had a bite to it, the campfires were hotter, the food tasted better, the beer was air cooled, the friends were - as great as always - it was like a faily reunion! I finished my stroll at Kenny's Pinto (HI DAVE!). Me and the boy did bowling ball shots (relax he is 29 heh) and shot the breeze with Kenny and his wife for a bit.

#89 brought a Dolphin flag for Ken to burn. :lol:

Guys were standing along the guard rail, with stuffed fish on strings. They would toss them in the road, cars would run them over, they'd reel them in and do it again. (Traffic was 5mph or less).

There was a triangular metal frame with at least a dozen real fish heads on each spike and a star on top like a Christmas tree. :lol: I did not see that until later so did not get a picture (damn).

It was a warm day for December but a cold day for any visiting teams and fans.

I did not get any game pictures since it was so damp. When it was not raining lightly, the humidity was still 99.9%, and I was not bringing my digital into the stadium without a dry padded case (stupid rule).

I may be old school but I like the AFC East the way it is. I did not mind losing the Colts because they were not the Baltimore Colts.

Just my thoughts. B-)

"Bills-Dolphins, in some gnarly weather - it doesn't get much better than that on a Sunday," Preston said. "It was a good atmosphere, even at the end. Whoever stayed, they were going nuts for the shutout."

:unsure:

I may be old school but I like the AFC East the way it is. I did not mind losing the Colts because they were not the Baltimore Colts.

870502[/snapback]

Amen to that, brother. :lol:

This rivalry goes beyond Kelly vs. Marino or Saban/Knox/Levy vs. Shula/Johnson. It’s our way of life vs. theirs…it’s Labatt drinking, blue collar, lunch-bucket-toting snow shovelers vs. sun-baked, Heineken drinking, stone crab chewing beach bums. There’s 20 straight games worth of payback to be dispensed and despite the Bills’ recent success vs. the Fish, 1988 on, I’ll still consider this a rivalry until the ghosts of Pat Twilley, Norm Bullach, and Jim Kiick are vanquished!

Oh, and that Mercury Morris non-fumble and the personal foul on Pat Toomey were complete bull#@$%& :unsure:

Buffalo played it like it was the Super Bowl.

Even though the mass exodus started after the third TD, the remaining crowd was as loud as a full stadium.

It PROVED to me that the rivalry is alive and well.

Miami wanted that TD very badly - if they only wanted to avoid a shutout it was a pooch kick away.

870022[/snapback]

I hear ya rockpile. I was in section 103 and the stadium was actually moving. Everyone was banging and kicing the seats. It felt like we were going to war. Talk about a rush. It was awesome!!

"Bills-Dolphins, in some gnarly weather - it doesn't get much better than that on a Sunday," Preston said. "It was a good atmosphere, even at the end. Whoever stayed, they were going nuts for the shutout."

870512[/snapback]

I stayed and it was an amazing atmosphere. Rockpile was right. The noise level did not go down even though the stadium was half emptied.

Stopping the players was big but saban was only throwing us a bone not going after the FG.  I figured he would take the easy 3 to thwart the shutout. 

More class than I thought he had.

870108[/snapback]

At least he did not pull a Gruden

Frankly, kicking a field goal would have been quite an insult to the offense that got them so close to the goal line. The temptation had to be there to say "screw it, I'm not going to be shut out." Explaining not giving the offense the chance to get a touchdown is the difficult part. I think Saban made the right call, but would have understood his going for a field goal as well.

I took maybe a dozen photos or so as I walked around Lot One with my son yesterday. I was thinking about the feeling of some that the rivalry was dead. So, I was trying to capture how it felt to BE there. I will try to post a link in the next day or so.

There is an electricity in the air a touch higher when it is a Miami game. The air had a bite to it, the campfires were hotter, the food tasted better, the beer was air cooled, the friends were - as great as always - it was like a faily reunion! I finished my stroll at Kenny's Pinto (HI DAVE!). Me and the boy did bowling ball shots (relax he is 29 heh) and shot the breeze with Kenny and his wife for a bit.

#89 brought a Dolphin flag for Ken to burn.  :unsure:

Guys were standing along the guard rail, with stuffed fish on strings. They would toss them in the road, cars would run them over, they'd reel them in and do it again. (Traffic was 5mph or less).

There was a triangular metal frame with at least a dozen real fish heads on each spike and a star on top like a Christmas tree.  :lol:  I did not see that until later so did not get a picture (damn).

It was a warm day for December but a cold day for any visiting teams and fans.

I did not get any game pictures since it was so damp. When it was not raining lightly, the humidity was still 99.9%, and I was not bringing my digital into the stadium without a dry padded case (stupid rule).

Just my thoughts.  :lol:

870502[/snapback]

For those of us that have never attended a game in Buffalo, not to mention a Bills/fins game, this post is priceless. I anxiously await your pics and live vicariously through this post.

Thanks.

For those of us that have never attended a game in Buffalo, not to mention a Bills/fins game, this post is priceless.  I anxiously await your pics and live vicariously through this post. 

Thanks.

870737[/snapback]

Thanks! Every game has a different "mood" to it. I only go to two or three games a year, and I still look for the light poles from the Ralph, coming down the 219, just like a little kid!