Losman's stats

Now that this thread has been officially hijacked :unsure:, I figured I'd update the numbers to show our boy's progress through his first 14 games of the year, just cause its now an even comparison:

Losman's first 7 games

78.9 QB rating, 61.9% comp (122 for 197), 6.7 ypa, 187.6 ypg, 6 TDs, 6 INTs, 21 sacks taken, 8 fumbles (5 lost)

Losman's last 7 games

100.0 QB rating, 65.2% comp (107 for 164), 7.5 ypa, 176.4 ypg, 11 TDs, 4 INTs, 20 sacks taken, 5 fumbles (2 lost)

JP's passer rating has skyrocketed (take with 1 grain of salt for best results), and he now sits at 9th in the league (88.5). His completion percentage is up a significant amount, his ypa is up nearly a full yard, his TD/INT numbers speak for themselves and he's cut back on fumbles. I believe the decrease in yards/game can be explained by the decrease in pass attempts. Losman is clearly making more out of each oppurtunity he gets to drop back to pass.

I've got to say it feels good to not have to question our starting quarterback as we head into the offseason. Not since Kelly have we had the stability at that position to the extent we do now. I can't help but smile when I think of this kid's potential future.

Now that I mention it... :lol: :lol:

868323[/snapback]

Bringing this back to JP, this seems like a fun time to link back to the "predict JP's stats topic started at the end of August:

JP Stat prediction thread.

He's doing a bit worse on passing yards and rushing than I thought he would, but pretty much better in all of the other stats. By the way, I thought the Bills would be 7-9, so anything else this year exceeds my expectations.

For those of you stuck off-topic... doing some quick calculating using Bill Gates' net worth posted by Kelly, it would take about 634 years to become as rich as Bill Gates if you earned a dollar every second day and night non-stop. (Wow!)

I suppose that's one way of putting it. If someone doesn't understand me the first time I say something, I have a tendency to explain it again. I happened to come across a relatively counter-intuitive statistical phenomenon, which I mentioned in passing over on the PPP boards. I thought--wrongly--that others would quickly and clearly grasp what this phenomenon was all about. Most people didn't, so I had to explain it again. It was rather annoying to have been ridiculed for making objectively true statements. To remove any doubt, I provided links to a number of independent, credible websites which supported what I'd been saying. These links were generally misunderstood or ignored.

I tried so hard to teach people about that phenomenon, and most still don't understand it. I've never been a teacher, but I feel I now have a better understanding of some of the frustrations they must endure.

870361[/snapback]

You are one smug fella. :unsure: I'm not worthy - please explain it to us mortals again. Teach us again - show us the way.

First of all I am trying to make HA feel better - I thought that was obvious. Or perhaps you are lacking in "cognitive capacity to comprehend"(alliteration even). HAHA! Just Kidding.

But seriously, all the points you have raised happen every day. So what? You still have to get the job done. If anything, you are reinforcing my point. If any of the things you have listed are happening, you won't know if you are not listening for them. Right? It's not enough to lay out information the way you like to hear it - because you ain't the one being taught jack! Moreover, if a guy doesn't have the skills to deal with these road blocks - then the problem lies with that guy - not the people he is trying to inform. The answer is: go get the skills - don't blame the students/audience/client.

In fact, it starts with caring enough about the other person to be willing to do what I am suggesting. If you start with a mindset that you will be "Dumbing Things Down" for the "clown" you are trying to work with - you have already failed. So don't waste time - fix yourself before you attempt to fix others. You might find it surprising what even a small change in a mindset can do in the situations you have laid out.

As far as nit-picking goes - everyone can see that for what it is - so who cares? Nitpicking only becomes relevant depending upon how the guy getting nit-picked responds to it. A simple "Please explain how that point is relevant to this subject/issue" does the trick nicely. It forces them to either explain(you never know maybe it's actually important) - or shut up - because you control the subject and now they have to speak directly to your issue - or, if their real intention is to do damage - they now get to look dumb in front of others=nitpicking will end soon. In all cases, mission accomplished.

Hope that helps :rolleyes: And I don't want to Highjack this thread any more than it already is  :rolleyes: so PM me if you still have any interest in this stuff.

870394[/snapback]

what would you call it when said "teacher" and his points have been refuted by dozens of posters, thousands of published scientists, and mainstream math?

Also, what would you call it when said "teacher" cannot define the very words he is using in his attempt to explain a given phenomenon?

what would you call it when said "teacher" and his points have been refuted by dozens of posters, thousands of published scientists, and mainstream math?

Also, what would you call it when said "teacher" cannot define the very words he is using in his attempt to explain a given phenomenon?

871026[/snapback]

Oddly, when I wrote about people setting up barriers of aggressive ignorance, you were one of those I had in mind.

I suppose that's one way of putting it. If someone doesn't understand me the first time I say something, I have a tendency to explain it again. I happened to come across a relatively counter-intuitive statistical phenomenon, which I mentioned in passing over on the PPP boards. I thought--wrongly--that others would quickly and clearly grasp what this phenomenon was all about. Most people didn't, so I had to explain it again. It was rather annoying to have been ridiculed for making objectively true statements. To remove any doubt, I provided links to a number of independent, credible websites which supported what I'd been saying. These links were generally misunderstood or ignored.

I tried so hard to teach people about that phenomenon, and most still don't understand it. I've never been a teacher, but I feel I now have a better understanding of some of the frustrations they must endure.

870361[/snapback]

One quote that is used and paraphrased alot these days (given the repetive use of failing strategies and techniques in Iraq) is that constant repitition of similar failed activities is a sign of insanity.

Given an admitted failure at explaining something relying on stats, then a tendency to simply try to explain it again and again seems like a tendency worthy of analysis.

I haven't posted in a while but hey - I can't let this one go by :angry: Is holcombs_arm still calling for Nall to start??

Once and for all this reminds me of 1987. Kelly was a "drunken bum" according to all the pontificators - but then we went to the AFC championship in 1998. My uncle hooked my brother and I up with his tickets at the JAX game this year - afterwards I met Jim for the first time in that little bar on Abbot road - outside and then upstairs(for the usual suspects who bust balls) - I met Lee Evans too - he is tiny!!! I can't imagine how small Parrish is now. For five minutes it was small talk but I asked about JP(couldn't help it) in relation to his first couple of seasons.

He laughed and said he wouldn't talk about it - but - the answer was in his eyes. Well, (disclaimer) from what I could tell being 13 drinks into it :angry: I have to say that my call is Jim thinks he's very good. That half a second was quite something - or I was just smashed. Either way, he didn't laugh at all. In fact, I got the impression that he was almost jealous in the sense that he wished he was still out there. You don't get jealous of a tool. :bag: Jim is a great guy - and now I get to bust my Dad's balls for ever talking smack about him:0

I have no idea if this means anything at all. And maybe it doesn't. But, I am pretty sure that Jim's reaction speaks volumes. I think that most of us who have supported JP since May have been vindicated. We have already improved on last year's record. This is a real team, with a real set of goals, leadership they can finally believe in, and perhaps most importantly a set of coaches who know how to use their players' strengths - finally. Now, if we can finally, finally, finally, do what BillNYC - and JAthur and his group - have been asking for and draft solid OL and DL we are gonna get back to being good.

Merry Christmas(or Insert holiday here) and Happy New Year.  :(

868341[/snapback]

Was it as good for Jim as it was for you?

A select few of us have been clamoring for a good line for 3 years now.  We have been ostracized and called idiots because most members here thought it was solely a QB problem.

870376[/snapback]

Your post doesn't ring true. Probably the most widely agreed-upon thing on these boards is that the Bills' line has generally been a problem. I certainly don't remember anyone saying that the sole problem with the Bills' offense was at quarterback.