Losman named starter for 2007

Ramius

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the next question to ask is: have the Irsay's told Polian that he'll be the GM of the Colts next year?

867251[/snapback]

Did the Irsay's tell Indianapolis that they will have the Colts next year?

"Hello, American VanLines..."

kj

Except for the fact that its not true. 

JP Losman really was very, very, bad.

For the last few weeks, he's manage to play quite a bit better.

JDG

867383[/snapback]

If it's not narcissim, then enlighten all of as to why you "disagree entirely with the announcement," yet your "disagreements have nothing to do with JP Losman's performance..."

What else could you base the evaluation of JP as a QB other than on his performance on the field? Do you judge your QB by the way he pumps gas? Eats a bagel? Cuts his hair? :oops:

Please, educate us.

It's all about the crusade baby!

867394[/snapback]

You flippantly say that but......what most people don't realize is that if you can convince 85% or more of this board to agree on any given topic......the mystical forces of the universe will align & alter reality in accordance with TSWs concordance. i.e......if we all agree that JP sux & Nall should get the start.....that is exactly what will happen.

It's all very complex & serious stuff.

If it's not narcissim, then enlighten all of as to why you "disagree entirely with the announcement," yet your "disagreements have nothing to do with JP Losman's performance..."

What else could you base the evaluation of JP as a QB other than on his performance on the field? Do you judge your QB by the way he pumps gas? Eats a bagel? Cuts his hair? :oops:

Please, educate us.

867401[/snapback]

I disagree with making decisions about next year when you still have yet to play your biggest game *this year*.

JDG

The quality of Losman's play....

867423[/snapback]

And 99.9999999% of all people that watch football would say that it is directly related to the Bills offensive line changes made at the bye.

But you (and DeLuca) can't do that for some reason.

Even Ed gets it.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/columnist/AsISe...x?storyid=43282

Amazingly, coming into last Sunday's game at the Jets, the Bills had the fewest "big" plays on offense of any team in the NFL. Hardly what both Jauron and Fairchild envisioned, even with a young quarterback and revamped offensive line.

That all began to change after the bye week, and it is no coincidence the big plays have started flowing more frequently with the shuffling of the o-line featuring the move of Jason Peters to left tackle.

Notice how many blind-side hits Losman is taking now? Almost none. It's not only Peters either, although left tackle is the key position on the o-line.

Rookie Terrence Pennington is looking more comfy at right tackle, and Mike Gandy has a more natural fit at left guard. Melvin Fowler is playing his best football at center, and Duke Preston is improving game-by-game at right guard.

I disagree with making decisions about next year when you still have yet to play your biggest game *this year*.

JDG

867424[/snapback]

No you don't.

If we extended an important players contract who is due to be a FA at the end of the season....ie. NC or Fletcher.......you would probably be in agreeance with the decision.....therefore you are obviously not in disagreement over making decisions about next years personel when we still have important games to play this year left. :oops:

867401[/snapback]

Why don't you re-read his original post where he spelled it all out for you and explained a perfectly logical viewpoint? I'm not sure if anyone knows how to read around here anymore.

Why don't you re-read his original post where he spelled it all out for you and explained a perfectly logical viewpoint? I'm not sure if anyone knows how to read around here anymore.

867451[/snapback]

I hate to say it but the highlighted part is extremely ironic.

If you re-read the posts you'll find that....

JDG....stated that he entirely disagrees with the announcement and congratulated JP. He did not however give any reasons for his disagreement.

tgreg99(in the post you responded to)....Called out JDG asking for his reasons for entirely disagreeing with the announcement.

Furthermore.....

JDG....then gave his reasons as being he "disagrees with making decisions about next year when you still have yet to play your biggest game *this year*."

DIBS....then pointed out that that is an illogical(not logical as you stated) reason since many, many personnel decisions are made mid-season which effect the following season & that unless JDG was saying he has always disagreed with that concept....his reason does not hold water.

JDG....stated that he entirely disagrees with the announcement and congratulated JP.  He did not however give any reasons for his disagreement.

tgreg99(in the post you responded to)....Called out JDG asking for his reasons for entirely disagreeing with the announcement.

Furthermore.....

JDG....then gave his reasons as being he "disagrees with making decisions about next year when you still have yet to play your biggest game *this year*."

DIBS....then pointed out that that is an illogical(not logical as you stated) reason since many, many personnel decisions are made mid-season which effect the following season & that unless JDG was saying he has always disagreed with that concept....his reason does not hold water.

867471[/snapback]

Amen. :ph34r:

JDG....stated that he entirely disagrees with the announcement and congratulated JP.  He did not however give any reasons for his disagreement.

Furthermore.....

867471[/snapback]

Right, I've realized I was actually referencing the following post made by JDG in the "Wade Phillips Syndrome" thread:

Can someone please riddle me this....

So, the Bills are coming off one of their biggest wins in about two years, they are not yet mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and they are facing a huge December home game against our arch-rivals in an elimination game at best, and  for third place in the division at worst......

AND OUR COACH IS MAKING ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT NEXT SEASON???!!!???!!!

Good grief    :ph34r:

JDG

P.S. Not to say that there is any evidence for a serious argument about this decision, I just wonder about the timing of making it a subject for discussion at the moment.....

867127[/snapback]

And I believe JDG has a point there. You see Dibs, its one thing for Marv Levy and Tom Modrak to be talking to Nate Clements' agent right now, but its another thing for our head coach to be thinking about next year's personel at a time like this. Dick should be buried in X's and O's figuring out the best way to stop Miami's offense.

Now pay attention because this is the most important part: I don't really have an issue with this. I'm sure it won't actually be a distraction and I'm sure DJ will have this team ready to go against Miami.

But I just didn't think JDG's opinion was ridiculous enough to be flamed for it (along with his allegiance to the team questioned), and thats the only reason I posted in the first place. As I've said, I'm sure this won't effect anything, but IMHO it does seem like strange timing.

Right, I've realized I was actually referencing the following post made by JDG in the "Wade Phillips Syndrome" thread:

And I believe JDG has a point there. You see Dibs, its one thing for Marv Levy and Tom Modrak to be talking to Nate Clements' agent right now, but its another thing for our head coach to be thinking about next year's personel at a time like this. Dick should be buried in X's and O's figuring out the best way to stop Miami's offense.

Now pay attention because this is the most important part: I don't really have an issue with this. I'm sure it won't actually be a distraction and I'm sure DJ will have this team ready to go against Miami.

But I just didn't think JDG's opinion was ridiculous enough to be flamed for it (along with his allegiance to the team questioned), and thats the only reason I posted in the first place. As I've said, I'm sure this won't effect anything, but IMHO it does seem like strange timing.

867482[/snapback]

This makes sense to me now....I don't ever recall thinking....."BringBackKennethDavis has got it totally wrong" before. OK...different thread....easy error. :ph34r:

All on the same page now.....

Simply discussing here....

Apart from the concept of 'context'.....i.e. if he was directly asked the question by a reporter(this was covered in the other thread you were referring to).....the QB position is special. To paraphrase Marv....nobody ever has an OLman(?) controversy. If the coaches are finally satisfied with JP enough to know they will stick with him in the foreseeable future, the media & fans are greatly interested. It is also a public endorsement for JP.....a confidence booster for him. It is also possible that his team mates wanted him anointed as the starter....indefinitely. This could well be a motivation builder. I cannot see how it could possibly be viewed as a distraction.....if the coach let slip that we'd be looking for a QB next year, that would be a distraction. I cannot imagine any of the players thinking about this in any way but positively....if at all.

Also, when you consider JDGs propensity in the past to be.....negative....towards JP(I believe crusade is the term used by some), his STRONG reaction against this innocuous announcement does smell a little fishy.

Just a note after peeking at yesterday's Seattle/SF game... Game 14 and I can't remember one where the weather was really bad. Some wind, but little rain (outside a sudden storm with 2 minutes left vs. NYJ, that contributed to us going nowhere after recovering the on-side kick).

Anyhow, happy JP is doing well, now let's see the Offensive Coordinator let him throw the ball for over 200 yards... :ph34r:

Congratulations to JP Losman on this announcement.

Although I disagree entirely with the announcement, my disagreements have nothing to do with JP Losman's performance as of late.  Going into a tough road environment against a team contending for the playoffs in December and pulling off a sizeable win filled in a significant gap on JP Losman's resume.  A superb result for Losman on Sunday, all the more remarkable given how far he has come from last season, and indeed, from even the first half of this season.  I have to say that I did not think that JP Losman had that kind of performance in him as of just a few weeks ago, and on that account, I was wrong.  So, congratulations are certainly in order.

JDG

867119[/snapback]

Interesting - I thought the Jets game was one of his worst games of the year - he made 2 good throws (both TD passes), but was inaccurate for much of the rest of the game.

That being said, he's earned it through his play the rest of the year IMO.

867424[/snapback]

Did Jauron say this as part of a conversation to the media? Did he come out at a press conference and make this announcement? Was he answering a question from a reporter? I don't think we should be treating this like the Bills were introducing a new head coach or something, unless that's how it appeared.

That said, I agree...worry about the 2007 starter in August of 2007, not December of 2006 when you're still mathematically alive for the playoffs and about to play your biggest rival.

This is also why I think we shouldn't worry about Nall just yet. Two months ago (when it appeared the season was cooked), I was all for seeing what Nall had, as I thought Losman was going nowhere. But now that the offense is playing better and the team is still mathematically alive, let's not rock the boat - keep Losman in there, as it seems he's bonding/gelling with the rest of the offense. Don't take him out now.