Breast Cancer

/dev/null

Real sorry to hear that, but keep your head up man.

I don't know much about breast cancer, but my pop had esophogeal cancer and he had a 5% chance according to his doctors.

At one point they told him to call hospice because they thought he had about 2 weeks left before he died. That was 2 years ago. You look at him now and never would know anything was wrong.

The biggest thing is a positive mental attitude, which can help even in the worst cases.

Stay positive, listen to the doctors, but ask them questions too. They are far from perfect and you need to stay on top of them.

Good luck to your mom and your family.

Prayers sent. My mom has lung cancer and also in the head,too. This has been since October when she was in the hospital for 12 days. They say its not curable,but a chance at remission. Shes already had radiation and some chemo,now shes going through some more chemo this week. So its been a very...trying time for all of us. :ph34r:

Good luck to you.

Just saw this. I'm very sorry dev/null/ and my hopes and prayers go out to your mom for a complete and speedy recovery. The big C is nasty business, but as others here have said, the medical community have made huge strides in the improvement of treatments.

Best wishes to her, and hopes that her support system i.e., your family and her friends make the journey less burdensome for her.

Thanks guys for all the help and prayers :lol:

Latest news is she's been admitted to the hospital (St Vincent's in Erie). She went in for tests and biopsy today but she's really weak and the doctors are afraid a biopsy would put her into shock :lol:

So she's on IVs and is under observation to get her strength back up. The doctors said her liver doesn't look as bad as they previously thought but are concerned about the cancer spreading to her bones. My dad said they will probably try to remove the tumor early next week and she may be home for xmas :lol:

She's due for a lot of tests the next couple of days and the diagnosis is still up in the air :doh:

I called her hospital room but the doctor was in and she was getting ready for CAT scan so I gotta wait til tomorrow to talk to her :)

I'm hoping the cancer isn't that too far advanced for her body to handle it, because if its a battle of wills....

My Mom > Cancer

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: cancer

***Edit***

One thing I forgot, my dad and I were talking about the recent new *great* news about the drop in the number of breast cancer cases. the drop is because the HRT drugs are no longer being prescribed.

well, guess what my mom was taking a couple years ago :lol:

so if you or someone you love was taking it, make sure you/they get checked out

My ex mother in law had it, sadly it was one of several things that helped end my marriage to her daughter. She is fine today, she thought it was the end of the world when she found out, but all is well.

If she found out early, she has little to worry about. Best of luck, remember to be there for her, that is all you can do.

Keep the thoughts and prayers coming, its been a roller coaster week

Mom went in for some tests and a biopsy on Friday. But she was very weak and worn out that the doctors were afraid a biopsy might put her into shock. So she was admitted and put on IVs to get her strength up. She went thru a lot of tests on Friday night and Saturday morning

I called her on Saturday morning and felt a ton of bricks land on me. The cancer has started to spread into her liver, lungs, and bones. The doctors said if untreated she has 6 months to a year :lol: :lol: :cry: Yeah, Saturday was easily the worst day of my life :(

The news has been getting progressively better since hitting rock bottom. Although the cancer has spread it may be treatable with chemo and some other treatments. We're waiting on word whether the cancer is estrogen positive, if it is there is another treatment that's supposed to be pretty good.

She had a golf ball size tumor removed from her breast on Monday :D Since the tumor was removed she's been getting better. She's gotten some strength back (still weak tho), regained her appetite, and when i talked to her yesterday she said she's starting to get bitchy again! :lol:

The doctors kept her for observation yesterday and today she was released from the hospital :)

She's going to have a couple of home visits the next week or 2 and starts her Cancer treatment January 4th

Keep the thoughts and prayers coming, its been a roller coaster week

Mom went in for some tests and a biopsy on Friday.  But she was very weak and worn out that the doctors were afraid a biopsy might put her into shock.  So she was admitted and put on IVs to get her strength up.  She went thru a lot of tests on Friday night and Saturday morning

I called her on Saturday morning and felt a ton of bricks land on me.  The cancer has started to spread into her liver, lungs, and bones.  The doctors said if untreated she has 6 months to a year :lol: :lol: :cry:  Yeah, Saturday was easily the worst day of my life :(

The news has been getting progressively better since hitting rock bottom.  Although the cancer has spread it may be treatable with chemo and some other treatments.  We're waiting on word whether the cancer is estrogen positive, if it is there is another treatment that's supposed to be pretty good.

She had a golf ball size tumor removed from her breast on Monday  :D Since the tumor was removed she's been getting better.  She's gotten some strength back (still weak tho), regained her appetite, and when i talked to her yesterday she said she's starting to get bitchy again! :lol:

The doctors kept her for observation yesterday and today she was released from the hospital :)

She's going to have a couple of home visits the next week or 2 and starts her Cancer treatment January 4th

873663[/snapback]

Thanks for the update. Wifey and I are hoping for the best for your mom and family as they deal with all of this stuff. :(