[OFFICIAL] Bills@Jets thread.

jarthur31

Yeah, his first sack didn't have any impact on the game.  Schobel has played very well today, from start to finish.  Actually, he's played well all season long.  The guy is a very good DE, I have no clue why people want to hate on him.

862001[/snapback]

he is slightly above average--generally is a non-factor. Great game today though.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that every time the D plays well this year that Ellison is on the field. He's, by far, the best LB in coverage and seems to always been around the ball, even when he's not in on a tackle. The Bills need to find a way to get him on the field more next year.

he is slightly above average--generally is a non-factor. Great game today though.

862007[/snapback]

I don't think you have a clue what an "average" DE looks like if you think Schobel is slightly above average.

Schobel's stats always look impressive. He's a non-factor in run D (like most of our D) but he just never seems to make that game changing play. He's solid but he's not top 10 in the league. That being said, he had a nice game today, seemed to get some really good pressure on noodle arm, which is what was missing in week 3. Go Bills.

Actually I came away with just the opposite opinion today.  Pennington thew a few 15-20 yard outs strongly today.  His arm is in much better condition that I thought.  It's not strong by NFL standards but he can make all the throws, which is all you need.

861989[/snapback]

I disagree. I think the most telling stat of the day is that the Jets longest pass play of the game was 23 yards by Coles on a SCREEN pass against our DECIMATED secondary. We had Jim Leonhard (a guy who was out of the league the first few weeks of this season) and Coy Wire sharing time at safety, and Kiwaukee Thomas starting at corner, and all Pennington could do was dink and dunk.

Since we're both basing it off what we think we saw, I guess we'll have to leave it at that.

????  I guess that forced fumble was an accident.    Thanks for playing, though.

862035[/snapback]

What's funny is that Aaron will surpass what Hansen did here in Buffalo. And he didn't have a Bruce Smith to help him out. Schoebel has been better than advertised and then some.

It's foolish to compare any future Bills DE to Bruce Smith and completely unfair.