Cap space for next year

We are effectively working without a cap, since Ralph will probably keep us under it anyway. When the speed limit is raised to 150mph it impacts the Ferrari Redskins, but not the Taurus Bills. I certainly hope I'm wrong and they make the numbers work revenue wise to be at the cap and be the best football team we are allowed to be.

I recently read an article that stated that there were six teams (including the Bills) who would have more than $30 million in cap space going into next offseason. The article also noted that there were about 14 teams with more than $20 million in cap space. Other articles have suggeste that this years crop of free agents is very weak.

Clements will be a hot commodity and sign a huge contract.

We are effectively working without a cap, since Ralph will probably keep us under it anyway.  When the speed limit is raised to 150mph it impacts the Ferrari Redskins, but not the Taurus Bills.  I certainly hope I'm wrong and they make the numbers work revenue wise to be at the cap and be the best football team we are allowed to be.

861211[/snapback]

Taurus? I was thinking more along the lines of the early 80's model Nova.

We are effectively working without a cap, since Ralph will probably keep us under it anyway.  When the speed limit is raised to 150mph it impacts the Ferrari Redskins, but not the Taurus Bills.  I certainly hope I'm wrong and they make the numbers work revenue wise to be at the cap and be the best football team we are allowed to be.

861211[/snapback]

So was the Donahoe era in your opinion Wilson's last ditch Hail Mary to win a title before he dies? What a depressing thought.

So was the Donahoe era in your opinion Wilson's last ditch Hail Mary to win a title before he dies?  What a depressing thought.

861360[/snapback]

Not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that as the cap rises some small market teams may stay under the cap, and it wouldn't surprise me if depending on the specifics Marv doesn't spend every possible penny of Ralph's money that the league allows (just like we spend less than some other teams on coaching staff).

As I said, I hope this is not the case, because I want to see the best team on the field we can have, including re-signing Nate in what will clearly be an inflationary and expensive market.

DUDE! Who cares. In all seriousness, shut up.

861536[/snapback]

And the Lord said "shut up." :thumbsup:

I feel that we could stand to write and speak intelligently while enjoying our football, that's all -- particularly when the meaning of a word is completely changed when it isn't used it correctly.

If it's that much of a problem for you, I'm terribly sorry.

Go Bills.

And the Lord said "shut up."  :(

I feel that we could stand to write and speak intelligently while enjoying our football, that's all -- particularly when the meaning of a word is completely changed when it isn't used it correctly.

If it's that much of a problem for you, I'm terribly sorry.

Go Bills.

862797[/snapback]

Since when do you consider me the Lord? :P

If you feel the need to write "intelligently while enjoying our football" then do so ... but quit judging other people who dont feel like it.

"Another encouraging note for Buffalo fans: The Bills reportedly will have the second-most projected room under the salary cap in 2007.

The salary cap is expected to increase to $109 million per team (up from $102 million in 2006) and Alex Marvez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that Buffalo's projected cap room of $39.7 million ranks behind only San Francisco's $42.1 million.

Other AFC East teams: New England $30.4 million (ninth-most); New York Jets $26.1 million (13th); and Miami $17.8 million (20th)."

Rochester's Paper

It seems like only a couple years ago, the salary cap was in the $60 million range. The increases are becoming out of control. Guys like Schobel are getting absolutly screwed because they signed deals 2 years ago and the cap has gone up 30% since then. Keeping Clements, Kelsay, or Fletcher is going to be very difficult because there is so much cap space available to the 32 teams. It has gotten to the point where a billion dollar owner is a necessity in order to keep up.