The WHO in concert

diver

Great show last night in Omaha.  Daultry's voicer rough but he still gave it all he's got.  Said he had a terrible cold.  Townsend rocked!!!  2 hour show.  Pretenders were equally awesome.

860194[/snapback]

I have heard that when they played at Rich Stadium, during the line "Love , rain o'er me.." it started pouring. Daltrey said that had never happened before.

i was there and it did!!!! it was awesome! not to mention opening acts the clash and david johannsen(pre buster pointdexter)

I have heard that when they played at Rich Stadium, during the line "Love , rain o'er me.."  it started pouring. Daltrey said that had never happened before.

860918[/snapback]

i was there and it did!!!!  it was awesome!  not to mention opening acts the clash and david johannsen(pre buster pointdexter)

860999[/snapback]

I was there too. It gave me chills!

The Clash was also great but Johannsen was in the wrong crowd.

The worst part of that show as that there were no reserve seats, and people did not acknowledge lines of any kind. It was also before they had big screens to show the stage up close, but the sound and light show was intense.

I still have the ticket stubs. :(

I was there - one of the things I remember distincty is these kids in front of us, who were saying "Screw The Who - we only want to see the Clash!" :(

I had a far better Who experience in '97 - when they toured and played Quadrophenia from start to finish. My brother is a huge Who/Townshend fan - I got tickets and he flew up from Fla. to see them with me. They were playing in just a regular ampitheater, and the funny thing is that there was hardly any marketing for the concert at all - I actually didn't even know what they were touring on. Then the lights go down and across the screen behind the stage in huge letters "Q U A D R O P H E N I A" - friggin awesome. After the amazing Quad show, they came out and played an unbelievable encore - 4 or 5 songs incl. Kids are Alright, Substitute, Won't Get Fooled Again. Amazing.

A few weeks ago my brother had some surgery and was laid up, so I went out and scoured Youtube for some vids I knew he might enjoy to help pass the time and brighten his spirits:

Bell Boy '74

Dirty jobs from '97 Quad tour (Pete's little bro)

I'm One - acoustic

Drowned - diff version

Drowned - acoustic

Substitute - Monterey

Kids - acoustic

PT Rough boys Letterman

Rough Boys acoustic

Relay - worth it just for Keith's clowning fake playing - LOL

However Much I Booze

Some Ox for a change of pace

PT won't Get Fooled acoustic

Sparks

#$% #$%

First time I saw the Who was in 1972 (I believe) at the Rochester War Memorial (now Blue Cross Arena). They played about all of Who's Next and of course earlier hits. They even smashed their equipment.

There was a time when big-time bands like The Doors, The Who, Jefferson Airplane, Jethro Tull, Grateful Dead, Aerosmith, and many more came through western NY.

I saw Jethro Tull twice - 1st after they released "Stand Up" and the 2nd after "Aqualung".

I never cared a lot for the 80,000 seat concerts, but if that was the only way to see a band.....