Next Years Backfield??

East Brady

Listening to the halftime interview sunday night, Bob Costas posed the question to Marshal Faulk regarding the fact that he has not retired...

Marshal's response, "I have not retired and my knee is feeling good, I've started running and always consider myself a Ram and would like to go back there if the situation was right."

"I am looking at all situations and will listen to any offers"......

Willis

A-train

Marshal Faulk- 3rd down back- change of pace- screen pass- veteran leadership- check down game breaker???

With our St.Louis connections, sounds like a possibility he'd listen to an offer from the Bills.

We could use a player of his caliber if there's anything left in the tank, not an every down back, but could play more in a pinch??

Worth a try-out??

Flame Away..........

I like Marshall Faulk, but I don't think there's much left in the tank there. I think we will kind of be stuck with the backs we have. We have to work on pass protection and improving the line. I kind of like Cory Anderson out of Tennessee in the third round for us as a fullback who can clean up (270 lbs) on pass protection and get short yardage.

I like Marshall Faulk, but I don't think there's much left in the tank there.  I think we will kind of be stuck with the backs we have.  We have to work on pass protection and improving the line.  I kind of like Cory Anderson out of Tennessee in the third round for us as a fullback who can clean up (270 lbs) on pass protection and get short yardage.

857775[/snapback]

I hear ya but, what if the price was right for a year or two and it would save us a draft pick for another position???

Veteran Leadership and the fact we need about 6-10 plays a game, seems to me there has to be something in the tank if he's looking???

Can he play wide receiver? Fewer touches, fewer hits, but a lot of utility.

857782[/snapback]

He sure would look good coming out of the backfield catching swing passes from JP...a major improvment over what we have now and like I said, saves a draft pick for that bigtime Rec.'er.

Worthy of a tryout, look see, IMO.......

Cap Friendly...these are all things to consider, just seems to me that he could still win us a couple of games....And you just know he ain't dancin with a first down staring him in the face.......Already knows the offense.....

Hall of Famer, leadership ,class act........

If there's anything left in the tank, he would have to be accounted for, everytime he's on the field???

Still quicker than Willis???

I like Marshall a lot, but I dont think the winter weather and outdoors would do his knees well. The only reason he could play as long as he did was because he had that dome. But if somehow it worked out I think it would be great to have him here, if he wouldnt mind playing backup again.

I like Marshall a lot, but I dont think the winter weather and outdoors would do his knees well. The only reason he could play as long as he did was because he had that dome. But if somehow it worked out I think it would be great to have him here, if he wouldnt mind playing backup again.

857841[/snapback]

I agree. Plus Marshall said that if he was going to return it would only be in St. Louis. Also, he has a house in Miami and I gotta believe if Williams does not return that we would choose Miami over Buffalo. But thats all speculation.

I agree. Plus Marshall said that if he was going to return it would only be in St. Louis. Also, he has a house in Miami and I gotta believe if Williams does not return that we would choose Miami over Buffalo. But thats all speculation.

857853[/snapback]

What I heard him to say was that, if it could work out, it would be St Louis, but that he was looking for a team.... That's afar cry from saying St Louis only??

Listening to the halftime interview sunday night, Bob Costas posed the question to Marshal Faulk regarding the fact that he has not retired...

Marshal's response, "I have not retired and my knee is feeling good, I've started running and always consider myself a Ram and would like to go back there if the situation was right."

Willis

A-train

Marshal Faulk- 3rd down back- change of pace- screen pass- veteran leadership- check down game breaker???

With our St.Louis connections, sounds like a possibility he'd listen to an offer from the Bills.

We could use a player of his caliber if there's anything left in the tank, not an every down back, but could play more in a pinch??

Worth a try-out??

NO--not worth a tryout. Old running back= waste.

Flame Away..........

857764[/snapback]

What I heard him to say was that, if it could work out, it would be St Louis, but that he was looking for a team.... That's afar cry from saying St Louis only??

857971[/snapback]

I am sure he would want to go to a team that is close to the Superbowl and/or

possibly in warmer weather/indoor stadium having playing his entire career in

a dome.

857971[/snapback]

The last thing I heard about Faulk was that he was going to rehab the kne an the only possible team he would play for would be the Rams. If I can find the quote I will gladly post it.

Willis

A-train

Worth a try-out??

Flame Away..........

857764[/snapback]

I'd love to have Faulk on the team. Great, smart player.

The last thing I heard about Faulk was that he was going to rehab the kne an the only possible team he would play for would be the Rams. If I can find the quote I will gladly post it.

858098[/snapback]

I wasn't putting you down or anything, just saying that is not what he inferred sunday night and withall of our st louis connections he just seems to be the kind of guy we could really use ...

As far as playing for a super bowl contender that would cross off the rams and the dolphins...

I just feel he's looking for some money and to help someone get over the top.....

We do have a soft field and practice indoors.....

Would be great as a 3rd down specilast .....

I think he would have alot to offer , if the knee is good to go?? :D