This Team

Casey D

How about RB DeShawn Wynn? He's the Florida guy who weighs 238 but runs a 4.5? He'll be sailing up the boards, but would probably be there in RD2.

857166[/snapback]

How about Anthony Thomas...oh wait...we have him...why dont we USE HIM in short yardage situations?

My friend mentioned that he thinks the bills are like they were in 87. They are losing , but most are by only a few points. The next year, 88, we were winning those close games. you youngsters have to read the history books- do some research and just don't moan. The Bills of the last 10 years have not been the worst. The Bills of 84-85 were.

Dude, they're not winning 10 next year.

Two years from now they win 10. Next year they get 8.

856714[/snapback]

Why not wait until we see what the offseason brings before predicting anything?

I think we are just a couple of linemen away from a wining record.

- Bob

Jerry Sullivan's article today is right on the money.  The Bills are 5-7. going 3-2 since the break with close losses to the two best teams in football.  Of the 7 losses thus far, 5 have come from teams with 9 or more wins and one with 7(Jets).  The only bad loss was against Detroit.

So Levy/Jauron are on track in turning things around.  Losman is making progress, the O-line is better though only average(which is better than well below average as it has been for years) and the D-line still needs a stud tackle.  But the team is young, and these needs and some other lesser ones manageably can be addressed in the off-season.

If the Bills can win 2 of the final 4, they would go 7-9.  Given a year with the new regime under our belts, a solid off-season acquisition-wise, and a little luck, 10 wins next year might be doable.  That would be an excellent turnaround after 5 years of gross mismanagement.  I at last have some hope for the future--a precious commodity indeed as a Bills fan...CD

856707[/snapback]

Good post.

Why not?  Any reason?

856897[/snapback]

1) lack of talent at DT. This team is soft soft soft up the middle on D, and that's going to be hard to fix.

2) Lack of talent at WR. Outside of Evans, I don't think any of our other WRs would be starters on any other team.

3) No TE. See above.

4) OGs need upgrading.

That's a lot of holes to plug in one offseason. I think they get most of it done this offseason, but not enough to get past 8 or 9 wins. Then they can finish up and hopefully make a run in 2008.

How about Anthony Thomas...oh wait...we have him...why dont we USE HIM in short yardage situations?

857179[/snapback]

Because he sucks.

Anyway...I just hope we re-sign Clements, Fletcher, Kelsay, Lindell in the least. I will be very disappointed if we can't work it out with Nate though. We'd better grab a *GOOD* free agent O or D - Lineman this off season or it's the same truck sized holes all over again (run D)