HA ha! Bolton steps down from UN!

The hero of the Republican far right neocons has stepped down from his temp position as ambassador of the UN, knowing full well nobody with any common sense would vote to confirm the assclown.

Just another black eye for the administration with the worst foreign policy of our lifetimes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please state WHY he is an "assclown", a "loss" to Bush foreign policy and how this is a "black eye". Why? Becuase he has a brusque style? Even Annan has decent words about Bolton.

Something a little deeper than "Bush Bad", please.

Please state WHY he is an "assclown", a "loss" to Bush foreign policy and how this is a "black eye". Why? Becuase he has a brusque style? Even Annan has decent words about Bolton.

Something a little deeper than "Bush Bad", please.

856883[/snapback]

He has the interest of the US as his primary motivation. The UN is no place for that. The UN is set up to help third world countries. We need to get someone in there who is more sympathetic to Darfur and Canada.

I hope you're including yourself BF.  :blush:

856954[/snapback]

Yeah, that would be a pity if he didn't include himself, after all the wothwhile tidbits and newsworthy items he's come up with. Truth be told I usually skip past his crap.

As for Bolton he was originally chosen for the position in large part due to his disdain for the UN.

I guess that's a qualification for a Bush appointment. Hate the environment?....great, you're head of the EPA. Hate the fact that teenage girls could possibly get RU-486? Fine, how does a position at the FDA sound?

And this is a bad thing how?  Because business as usual at the UN is fine and dandy?

857098[/snapback]

Oh maybe you're right and I've misunderstood his statements in the past...especially that bell ringer one where he said they should knock ten stories off the UN.

Oh maybe you're right and I've misunderstood his statements in the past...especially that bell ringer one where he said they should knock ten stories off the UN.

857107[/snapback]

Not liking how things are working at a clearly disfunctional organization and wanting to make change is not a bad thing. Thats a GOOD thing, especially when hiring someone new. Its also a philosophy that ushered your party into power a few weeks back. So Im confused as to why you claim being against the status quo is suddenly bad. Or does that philosophy only work with things that fit in YOUR neat, little box?

Not liking how things are working at a clearly disfunctional organization and wanting to make change is not a bad thing. Thats a GOOD thing, especially when hiring someone new. Its also a philosophy that ushered your party into power a few weeks back. So Im confused as to why you claim being against the status quo is suddenly bad. Or does that philosophy only work with things that fit in YOUR neat, little box?

857113[/snapback]

Sure the UN is dysfunctional, nobody ever argued that it wasn't.

My point is why bring in someone like Bolton to reimagine the bull in the chinashop scenario?

The hero of the Republican far right neocons has stepped down from his temp position as ambassador of the UN, knowing full well nobody with any common sense would vote to confirm the assclown.

Just another black eye for the administration with the worst foreign policy of our lifetimes.

856467[/snapback]

Only the most blind of partisan hacks can look at Bolton's record for the last year and not give him credit for what he's accomplished in a nearly useless institution like the U.N.

1) Unanimous Security Council resolutions against North Korea (getting China and Russia to go along without a veto)

2) Unanimous Security Council support for the suspension of uranium enrichment in Iran

As useless as United Nations Security Council resolutions are (i.e. Iraq), that's the job of the UN Ambassador. He's got China and Russia on record as supporting our diplomatic goals in both North Korea and Iran.

The Democrats and a bitter Lincoln Chafee (who I voted for here in RI, btw), are just pissed off that Bush pulled an end-around and used a recess appointment to make him UN ambassador.

So Joey Balls, prove to us you are not just another democratic whiner with no solutions, just complaints complaints complaints. Tell me who you would rather have had as UN Ambassador, why, and what that ambassador should have accomplished in 1 year that Bolton didn't.

This should be good.

RTB

Only the most blind of partisan hacks can look at Bolton's record for the last year and not give him credit for what he's accomplished in a nearly useless institution like the U.N.

1) Unanimous Security Council resolutions against North Korea (getting China and Russia to go along without a veto)

2) Unanimous Security Council support for the suspension of uranium enrichment in Iran

As useless as United Nations Security Council resolutions are (i.e. Iraq), that's the job of the UN Ambassador. He's got China and Russia on record as supporting our diplomatic goals in both North Korea and Iran.

The Democrats and a bitter Lincoln Chafee (who I voted for here in RI, btw), are just pissed off that Bush pulled an end-around and used a recess appointment to make him UN ambassador.

So Joey Balls, prove to us you are not just another democratic whiner with no solutions, just complaints complaints complaints. Tell me who you would rather have had as UN Ambassador, why, and what that ambassador should have accomplished in 1 year that Bolton didn't.

This should be good.

RTB

857145[/snapback]

Bolton was so toxic that even some Republicans (Voinivich...for one) had severe reservations whether this guy was right for the position....and this was back in the day, early 2005, when Bush, fresh from re-election with a self declared mandate could have nominated anyone he wanted to.

How's this for a candidate dino testes: someone perhaps level headed?

But that's asking way too much from Bush.

The UN is complaining that they need a new building (the current one is about 60 years old). I say cut off our funding, and make them buy land in NY (or maybe Darfur-land is cheap there). Then tear down the current UN, take it back by emminent domain and build luxury condos there.

Gets the UN out of the US and gets the land back on the tax rolls.

The UN is complaining that they need a new building (the current one is about 60 years old). I say cut off our funding, and make them buy land in NY (or maybe Darfur-land is cheap there). Then tear down the current UN, take it back by emminent domain and build luxury condos there.

Gets the UN out of the US and gets the land back on the tax rolls.

857181[/snapback]

Lord knows NYC needs more luxury condos. Chrissake.

Bolton was so toxic that even some Republicans (Voinivich...for one) had severe reservations whether this guy was right for the position....and this was back in the day, early 2005, when Bush, fresh from re-election with a self declared mandate could have nominated anyone he wanted to.

How's this for a candidate dino testes: someone perhaps level headed?

But that's asking way too much from Bush.

857180[/snapback]

Why don't you answer the simple question Joey so you can demonstrate that you are more than just a complainer without any real grasp of the issues you brought up.

1) Who would you want as UN ambassador instead of Bolton?

2) Why would you pick this person?

3) What would you want him/her to have accomplished in 1 year that Bolton didn't?

I'll make it easy: Just answer #3. If you are so Anti-Bolton, what should he have done or what should he not have done during his 1 year as UN Ambassador e?

I await your evasive answer (or lack there-of).

RTB

Why don't you answer the simple question Joey so you can demonstrate that you are more than just a complainer without any real grasp of the issues you brought up.

1) Who would you want as UN ambassador instead of Bolton?

2) Why would you pick this person?

3) What would you want him/her to have accomplished in 1 year that Bolton didn't?

I'll make it easy: Just answer #3. If you are so Anti-Bolton, what should he have done or what should he not have done during his 1 year as UN Ambassador e?

I await your evasive answer (or lack there-of).

RTB

857253[/snapback]

Who would I want as UN Ambassador? How about Jesse Jackson? Whenever the sh-- flies around the world and one of our people are taken hostage it seems that Jesse is always on a plane to somewhere, gettin' the person safely back home.

I haven't seen Bolton do anything like that yet! As matter of fact the only thing remotely memorable about Bolton is his ridiculous mustache, not too disimilar to the soup strainer on Run the damn ball's imposter picture from his profile.