A Few Thoughts About The Game....

1) Enough is enough. Hey Marv, call the agent who represents Clements and offer him a 15 million dollar bonus to extend. If he says no, offer him 20.

2) I must say that I miss Wade, and the contributions that he made to the defense of the Buffalo Bills.

3) Duke Preston has good hands.

4) I am not a violent person. Would someone explain to me why I want to punch Rivers in his face? Thanks. I'm confused.

5) Watching Jason Peters is nothing short of a pleasure. Oh, and before anybody complains about the Merriman sack, JP lost his footing.

6) A time-out and THEN a challenge? Ya think Schottenheimer would have done this?

7) Which of our early round safeties was worse today, Simpson or Whitner? Maybe I should start a effing poll. Anyway, my vote goes out to Whitner, who was beaten like a B word on almost every play. Liked him last week fellas, but he was flat out brutal today, especially for a #8. Damn. :(

8) Is anybody going to tell us again how Schobel isn't a good defensive end? Maybe he is just "high motor," huh? On second thought, perhaps he is one of the best in the league, and the DE position is the most solid on the football team. Just thinking out loud, excuse me.

9) I gotta hand one thing to Jauron....this team simply does not quit. Do you guys know how much this means? In that one sense, they are like us. I am proud of this team for this. It's about time. Good riddance Eric, you loser! See ya Sam! We just need a few more big, impact players. Maybe we can get there.

10) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post --- a fan that can rise above the obvious frustration after a loss of a close game and be objective. I would add a few of my own.

1) The offensive line has put 3 very solid games together. If this continues its a huge late season development as it affords us chance to draft best available at a few positions rather than needing to look OL no matter what.

2) The coaching staff has this team turned around but they continue to stumble at basic game time coaching, use of Timeouts, challenges, and the most frustrating is a few bad playcalling series per game. However, as the previous poster noted. The team is playing together and showing heart. This is huge.

3) JP had a good game. We finally saw his ability to scramble and make a broken play into a gain.

4) Price stepped up, but we need a better receiver to compliment Evans.

5) We have 30 million of cap room. A crop of young players on the rise and a stable coaching and GM staff. There is lots to be optimistic about.

1) Enough is enough. Hey Marv, call the agent who represents Clements and offer him a 15 million dollar bonus to extend. If he says no, offer him 20.

855657[/snapback]

Natedogg definitely HAS to be resigned by the Bills. He is a shut down corner who led the team in tackles today, too!

Great post --- a fan that can rise above the obvious frustration after a loss of a close game and be objective. I would add a few of my own.

1) The offensive line has put 3 very solid games together. If this continues its a huge late season development as it affords us chance to draft best available at a few positions rather than needing to look OL no matter what.

2) The coaching staff has this team turned around but they continue to stumble at basic game time coaching, use of Timeouts, challenges, and the most frustrating is a few bad playcalling series per game. However, as the previous poster noted. The team is playing together and showing heart. This is huge.

3) JP had a good game. We finally saw his ability to scramble and make a broken play into a gain.

4) Price stepped up, but we need a better receiver to compliment Evans.

5) We have 30 million of cap room. A crop of young players on the rise and a stable coaching and GM staff. There is lots to be optimistic about.

855687[/snapback]

I don't agree regarding the safeties. Whitner played disciplined d and was in position most of the game to shut down the run and man cover gates. On the td to gates he had safety help from simpson, who for some reason was shading the side of the field where san diego's fat, blocking tight end lined up. In addition to that simpson looked very slow on the 51 yd td by LT. (LT makes many look bad) It seemed the coaches felt the same way as they brought in coy wire often for his presence in the box. I was pissed when whitner was picked, but I think he may be a force in for years to come

8) Is anybody going to tell us again how Schobel isn't a good defensive end? Maybe he is just "high motor," huh? On second thought, perhaps he is one of the best in the league, and the DE position is the most solid on the football team. Just thinking out loud, excuse me.

855657[/snapback]

Schoebel is good, but once again the combination of Kelsay/Denney had equal sacks and more tackles. So far this year, Kelsay/Denney is our best DE. The numbers show this throughout the season.

Schoebel is good, but once again the combination of Kelsay/Denney had equal sacks and more tackles.  So far this year, Kelsay/Denney is our best DE.  The numbers show this throughout the season.

855730[/snapback]

Dude, when you're arguement is: he's good, but these TWO guys, together, are just as good; you're not making you're point.

When it takes 2 guys to equal the play of 1 guy, that's the definition of the 1 guy being pretty darn good.

Good stuff in general.

I was very disappointed with the decision to punt on 4th and 3 inches. I think down 10-0 we have to take our chances outside of the super conservative approach. I'm fine with conservative to take down high power offenses, but I like our chances to keep the ball more than giving it back over field position concerns.

The timeout then challenge was terrible, as was not challenging the Hargrove fumble recovery. We wasted another timeout after the JP batted up in the air play, and while any one timeout to get the right play can be very reasonable, I detect a pattern that we have to get past. Between delays and wasted time outs, we have to get past that and it is undisciplined as a team that is penalized a lot.

I don't agree with the safety criticism. Whitner and Ko didn't have great games, but the Gates / LT combo makes a lot of teams look bad. So not a great day, but these are still two solid players and not weakspots on our team.

Our O-Line continues to shine and make our run D look like the more glaring hole, but I think we need to upgrade one of those five positions (four, actually, because Peters isn't going anywhere), and try to upgrade a second one if we can. We are still not opening holes on the run, and we don't go 4th and 3 inches says something.

Without really seeing a ton from Youboty this year (which obviously is an indicator of something) I think getting Clements back is important if it doesn't break the bank and prevent us from improving more in other ways. With the cap space I hope it works out.

I'm very optimistic that this team can keep growing and is on the right track. There are still things that aren't going right, but overall we are continuing to progress. Moral victories are not as good as actual victories, but they are better than pathetic losses and unless you are the 1972 Dolphins you need to use them to improve and gain confidence every week whether you win or lose. Now let's find a way to get to 6-7 and keep taking it one game at a time.

The Bills got some breaks in the second half, but My God, did the officials have to favor the Chargers on every close call?

I've seen worse when a reception was ruled out of bounds, but how is a reception out when possesion is established and the 2nd foot down? Oh, the heel was out even though the toe and the ball of his foot were clearly in? And later, Josh Reed wasn't a victim of interferece? (Shucks, I could swear the ball was tipped!) NFL officials have become as bad as amublance chasing lawyers and the credibility of the sport is questionable. Thank God I'm not an employee of the NFL or I'd be facing a massive fine for these remarks.

The Bills deserve a ton of credit for the effort they displayed against an admittedly superior opponent. Tomlinson and Gates are both all-pro at their positions and the Chargers are impressive. But, damn it, I'd like to see my team battle only the Chargers, not to the opponent and the officials.

Schoebel is good, but once again the combination of Kelsay/Denney had equal sacks and more tackles.  So far this year, Kelsay/Denney is our best DE.  The numbers show this throughout the season.

855730[/snapback]

That's probably because they each get twice as much rest as him! May be? I LOVE HARGROVE! THAT GUYS IS OUT OF CONTROL

Good post.

I understand that officials are going to make bad calls. But there is a difference between that and making yourself a part of the game. The refs were definitely in the spotlight today and that is the worst place you can be as an official.

The Bills got some breaks in the second half, but My God, did the officials have to favor the Chargers on every close call?

I've seen worse when a reception was ruled out of bounds, but how is a reception out when possesion is established and the 2nd foot down? Oh, the heel was out even though the toe and the ball of his foot were clearly in? And later, Josh Reed wasn't a victim of interferece? (Shucks, I could swear the ball was tipped!)  NFL officials have become as bad as amublance chasing lawyers and the credibility of the sport is questionable.  Thank God I'm not an employee of the NFL or I'd be facing a massive fine for these remarks.

The Bills deserve a ton of credit for the effort they displayed against an admittedly superior opponent.  Tomlinson and Gates are both all-pro at their positions and the Chargers are impressive.  But, damn it, I'd like to see my team battle only the Chargers, not to the opponent and the officials.

855744[/snapback]

I've seen worse when a reception was ruled out of bounds, but how is a reception out when possesion is established and the 2nd foot down? Oh, the heel was out even though the toe and the ball of his foot were clearly in? And later, Josh Reed wasn't a victim of interferece? (Shucks, I could swear the ball was tipped!)  NFL officials have become as bad as amublance chasing lawyers and the credibility of the sport is questionable.  Thank God I'm not an employee of the NFL or I'd be facing a massive fine for these remarks.

The Bills deserve a ton of credit for the effort they displayed against an admittedly superior opponent.  Tomlinson and Gates are both all-pro at their positions and the Chargers are impressive.  But, damn it, I'd like to see my team battle only the Chargers, not to the opponent and the officials.

855744[/snapback]

That's the rule, deal with it. That call did not go against the Bills. Was he pushed out? Judgement call, not reviewable.

That's the rule, deal with it.  That call did not go against the Bills.  Was he pushed out?  Judgement call, not reviewable.

855756[/snapback]

HELL YEAH he was pushed out! The ruling about the heeel doesn't bother me as much as the non-call on the pushmout on such a close catch.

2) I must say that I miss Wade, and the contributions that he made to the defense of the Buffalo Bills.

3) Duke Preston has good hands.

4) I am not a violent person. Would someone explain to me why I want to punch Rivers in his face? Thanks. I'm confused.

5) Watching Jason Peters is nothing short of a pleasure. Oh, and before anybody complains about the Merriman sack, JP lost his footing.

6) A time-out and THEN a challenge? Ya think Schottenheimer would have done this?

7) Which of our early round safeties was worse today, Simpson or Whitner? Maybe I should start a effing poll. Anyway, my vote goes out to Whitner, who was beaten like a B word on almost every play. Liked him last week fellas, but he was flat out brutal today, especially for a #8. Damn.  :(

9) I gotta hand one thing to Jauron....this team simply does not quit. Do you  guys know how much this means? In that one sense, they are like us. I am proud of this team for this. It's about time. Good riddance Eric, you loser! See ya Sam! We just need a few more big, impact players. Maybe we can get there.

855657[/snapback]

^_^0:):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dude, when you're arguement is: he's good, but these TWO guys, together, are just as good; you're not making you're point. 

When it takes 2 guys to equal the play of 1 guy, that's the definition of the 1 guy being pretty darn good.

855736[/snapback]

They rotate. Only one is on the field at a time, right? They're playing about the same number of snaps as Schoebel and getting equal or better production. They deserve some credit, and I'll bet their combined salaries are less than Schoebel's.

They rotate.  Only one is on the field at a time, right?  They're playing about the same number of snaps as Schoebel and getting equal or better production.  They deserve some credit, and I'll bet their combined salaries are less than Schoebel's.

855871[/snapback]

I agree they do deserve some credit. However, who rotates with Schoebel? And, someone else can comment on the salaries? I don't know how that stacks up.

Point still being, you're comparing the production of 2 players against the production of 1 player and saying that he sucks. How can you conclude that he is so bad, when he's doing the equivalent job of 2 people?