Do you think Willis is our future back

RVJ

I havent been a Willis booster once since he has been here, He his extremely talented but he just doesnt seem to run hard that often, I feel he gets his thousand yards and coasts, he wants his paycheck and is content with that, I would prefer a RB that will make his own hole if there isnt one, I doubt it will happen but I think drafting a someone and have him share carries with Atrain for a while. WE could probly get some substance for Mcgahee

I really think Marv is going to draft or sign a running back this offseason.

855539[/snapback]

No. He's just not that good. Not in his decision making particularly when running in traffic and not in his effort. Looks to me like he gives up on plays too easy and/or doesn't play with the utmost determination on some plays. He looked hungrier last week after the injury. Maybe he still isn't feeling well. He was sick Friday. Bottom line IMO is he's not a back that will make the Bills a contender regardless of the O-line. Sorry, but I don't see "the fire in his bellly" often enough.

I havent been a Willis booster once since he has been here, He his extremely talented but he just doesnt seem to run hard that often, I feel he gets his thousand yards and coasts, he wants his paycheck and is content with that, I would prefer a RB that will make his own hole if there isnt one, I doubt it will happen but I think drafting a someone and have him share carries with Atrain for a while. WE could probly get some substance for Mcgahee

855631[/snapback]

I was not an Atrain guy in the off-season, nor did I think he would contribute much. I've come around a little. I still think WM is the better back, but if I need three hard yards against a tough defense I want Atrain instead. He just plays harder.

Why don't we ask this thread again next time our O-Line opens holes for him against someone.  Look at the Edge, it's not his fault his numbers are what they are.

855557[/snapback]

Yeah, look at the Edge this year without that Indy offense spreading out the defense. Under 700 yards rushing this year. Once again it's a team sport.

forgot to add in the pats 28-21 win over the lions

L. Maroney 4 14 0 8

C. Dillon 9 25 3 6

Not exactaly lighting it up in the run department either.

855641[/snapback]

No matter how you rationalize it, Willis is pathetic.

One bad game by them two guys, equals almost a whole season of ineptitude by McGahee?

I'm sick of hearing about the offensive line. Frank Gore has a brutal o-line, and had two devastating knee injuries in college, how's he doing?

I want Willis to do well, believe me, but I think I quit on him as of the failed 3rd and 2 screen pass today.

If Willis was cut tomorrow, I don't know if I'd even care.

No matter how you rationalize it,  Willis is pathetic.

One bad game by them two guys,  equals almost a whole season of ineptitude by McGahee?

855667[/snapback]

Maroney hasn't exactaly lit it up. I just get annoyed with the "grass is greener" mentality a lot of people have. Maroney in paticular seems to get a lot of hype. He's not even the best rookie rb to come out of the draft. One good game against the bengals and he was annointed. His biggest impact has come on special teams. Corey Dillon is still a much better rb at this point.

McGahee was bad today. I got no excuses. The offense in general was bad. Outside of a rivers fumble and good punt return we couldnt move the ball at all. I attribute a lot of it to the same way I attribute Edge's lack of success in arizona. Both are good runningbacks with horrible run blocking lines.

Maroney hasn't exactaly lit  it up. I just get annoyed with the "grass is greener" mentality a lot of people have. Maroney in paticular seems to get a lot of hype. He's not even the best rookie rb to come out of the draft. One good game against the bengals and he was annointed. His biggest impact has come on special teams. Corey Dillon is still a much better rb at this point.

McGahee was bad today. I got no excuses.  The offense in general was bad.  Outside of a rivers fumble and good punt return we couldnt move the ball at all. I attribute a lot of it to the same way I attribute Edge's lack of success in arizona. Both are good runningbacks with horrible run blocking lines.

855689[/snapback]

I can't stand Maroney, I only used the comparison cuz you did.

Coming into the season, everyone thought Willis was our best player on offense, including me. He was the player that we couldn't afford to lose, or we were screwed.

As of right now, our most important player on offense is JP or Lee. We have shown that we don't miss a beat without Willis, and he has been overrated by many people, including myself.

Once again, compare him to Frank Gore, similar situations (bad oline, young QB) it's not even close. Frank Gore is a good young running back, Willis is a name, nothing more.

Also, that third and two screen today was it for me, truly pathetic.

Once again,  compare him to Frank Gore,  similar situations (bad oline,  young QB)  it's not even close.  Frank Gore is a good young running back,  Willis is a name,  nothing more.

Also,  that third and two screen today was it for me,  truly pathetic.

855702[/snapback]

Frank Gore is a beast if not for injuries in college willis and clinton portis would be working at mcdonalds right now. I only compare him more to edge cause I think they have very similar running styles. Gore can pretty much do it all. All in all I really have no problem if the bills were to draft a rb. I still dont think it's near our biggest issue though. I'm still maybe selfishly willing to give McGahee the benefit of the doubt, but a little competition couldn't hurt. Look at new orleans for instance. They already had a great rb in deuce mcallister and then went ahead and drafted reggie bush. If a good rb falls into our laps in the draft like say a Michael Bush or Adrian Peterson by all means draft him.

Frank Gore is a beast if not for injuries in college willis and clinton portis would be working at mcdonalds right now.  I only compare him more to edge cause I think they have very similar running styles.  Gore can pretty much do it all.  All in all I really have no problem if the bills were to draft a rb. I still dont think it's near our biggest issue though.  I'm still maybe selfishly willing to give McGahee the benefit of the doubt, but a little competition couldn't hurt.  Look at new orleans for instance. They already had a great rb in deuce mcallister and then went ahead and drafted reggie bush.  If a good rb falls into our laps in the draft like say a Michael Bush or Adrian Peterson by all means draft him.

855718[/snapback]

RB is not close to being our biggest problem, Willis is a decent running back.

I'm not saying he's a hack, just that he's not close to being the stud many think of him as.