Steve Tasker

Drewgetz

What is it with Tasker and LT, are they dating or something. I know LT is the best and my pick to represent the AFC is the chargers but enough is enough. The whole game no matter what he does or even when the bills make a great play Taster is in there saying something like "but you have to give to the chargers..." Maybe it stings b/c he is an ex bill but it sure seems like he's got a stiffy for LT AND dislikes the Bills.

Maybe it's just me but I am no longer a fan of Tasker or Ed Hokley of that matter...what a frustrating game.

I still respect him as a former player and one of the best of past Bills but this game he really disappointed me. Granted as a passionate Bills fan there always seems to be announcers who I think are biased but with Tasker it hits closer to home. Plus I don't remember a more Anti-Bills/Pro-opponent announcer in recent history. (except maybe that one schmuck with micheal bolton black hair, i think his last name was Christian)

Was it Tasker's clear explanation of the toe-heel rule as it was eventually followed by the refs?

Was it his comment on the poor Antonio Gates-London Fletcher matchup on a critical third down in the clinching drive?

Was it the "slow-going" comment on Willis McGahee's running lanes?

Or was it that his nipples didn't explode with delight on the mirage onside kick recovery?

Yup, Tasker=Bills hater. Case closed. :(

The problem with Tasker in the booth during Bills games is that he over compensates. He tries SO hard to be unbiased, he winds up being overly harsh on the Bills -- as if someone is going to fire him if he demonstrates any sort of subjectivity.

Any time you hear him covering a team that doesn't have a Buffalo on their helmets, he is much more tolerable.

And to be fair, I don't think he hates the Bills (hell, he still lives in Buffalo and works for Bills Digest). I just think he tries too hard to be objective it comes off as being overly critical/harsh.

What is it with Tasker and LT, are they dating or something.  I know LT is the best and my pick to represent the AFC is the chargers but enough is enough.  The whole game no matter what he does or even when the bills make a great play Taster is in there saying something like "but you have to give to the chargers..."  Maybe it stings b/c he is an ex bill but it sure seems like he's got a stiffy for LT AND dislikes the Bills.

Maybe it's just me but I am no longer a fan of Tasker or Ed Hokley of that matter...what a frustrating game.

855454[/snapback]

I would argue that 28 carries for 178 yards was the story of the game and that LT deserved all that was mentioned.

I think his problems definitely stem from over compensating. He is a Bills fan and doesn't want to come off as being biased. He still called a horrible game and is at the bottom of his current profession. I don't think he is the brightest ex athlete out there!

Anyone catch Gus Johnson asking Tasker how he tries to stay neutral based on the fact he was a 7 time Pro Bowler for the Bills? Tasker quickly snapped "well you have to ask the fans in San Diego what they think"

Tasker had 2 issues there, sounds like a guy who is being defensive, and if he wants 'fans' in San Diego to hear that message...Espanol, por favor

Anyone catch Gus Johnson asking Tasker how he tries to stay neutral based on the fact he was a 7 time Pro Bowler for the Bills?  Tasker quickly snapped "well you have to ask the fans in San Diego what they think"

Tasker had 2 issues there, sounds like a guy who is being defensive, and if he wants 'fans' in San Diego to hear that message...Espanol, por favor

855732[/snapback]

Read into nothing comments much?

I think there is something to the "over-comensating" charge with Tasker. I think he and Randy Cross are possibly the two worst color guys working the second tier broadcasts. Most, I don't even notice, but these two are just excruciating to listen to.

What bothters me more about his commentating, particularly for a guy who was considered a very smart player, is how off he is sometimes in hid analysis of the rules. Today, and another game, earlier this season (I can't remember which game it was) he was insistant that one of the teams should challange the ruling on the field,

when it was in the final minute. Jeez...anybody who wathces the NFL knows, you can't challange a call in the final two minutes of a half. I am sure Tasker knows this too, but, today, he seemed so intent on blowing the Chargers, he was losing track of the game. He is pretty bad.

When the Bills narrowed the score to 17-14, but were unable to take the lead on the following possesion, he seemed intent that the Chargers had won the game, everything the Chargers did was the "mark of a championship team...", yadda yadda yadda...I know he doesn't want to sound like a Bills homer, but didn't he play in Buffalo long enough to realize that the wind at the Ralph, combined with pretty damn good special teams, meant that the Bills were not completely dead? From his broadcast input, and if you didn't know the score of the game, you would have thought the Bills were down 38-3 or something. Tasker was in full blow-out mode most of the second half.

However, he is still one of my favorite Bills players of all time.

I agree that Tasker probably tries too hard not to be a homer sometimes. He also may be trying to do the reverse jinx sometimes. As for the LT lovefest, it's pretty hard NOT to be highly impressed by him. We could be talking about one of the greatest of all time here. Think about it: our defense loaded up the box most of the day, and we STILL couldn't stop him.

he was really bad today for this game.he really over compensated alot and at times he really did sound like a guy who has no feelings for the bills. I do know this is not the case he played here to long and gave to much to the city for it to be any other way in my opinion. But just for the record he really did sound like a homer.......but for the chargers. :D

I agree on the over compensating thing too. I always get that impression anytime I watch him call a game. I've never actually watched any non-Bills game that he called, so I don't know whether or not there's more to it.

Could someone elaborate about Tasker's anti-Buffalo broadcast for those of us were at the game? Another example of a total schill/hack/sellout/loser is Vic Carucci. Did anyone catch his act last night on channel 7? He said the refereeing was a non-issue and you had to hand it to Ed Hochuli for being so up to date on the rules, in regards to the Price CATCH. Anyone can objectively look at that game and say the real story about it was the officiating, or lack thereof.

Also, Jerry Sullivan said something in his weekly drivel this morning about the Chargers playing like a true champion and that the game was not as close as the score indicated. He then went on to say that the Bills could only dream about beating a team like that. Really?? What is more accurate is that the Bills could only dream about the same calls as a team like that. The NFL has become nothing more than a sham, and the so called broadcasters are nothing more than hired hacks who sold out their journalistic principles long ago for the comfort and paychecks that a Monopoly like the NFL provides.