Madden Cover

CFLstyle

Who do you think will be on the cover of Madden next year and when will the Bills ever get on???

Does anyone know if there has ever been a Bill on the cover in the history of the game?

I would say LT but there was a running back on the cover last year so I suppose it will be Chad Johnson or Peyton Manning/Tom Brady.

Who do you think will be on the cover of Madden next year and when will the Bills ever get on???

Does anyone know if there has ever been a Bill on the cover in the history of the game?

I would say LT but there was a running back on the cover last year so I suppose it will be Chad Johnson or Peyton Manning/Tom Brady.

852255[/snapback]

No Bills have ever been on the cover...early on, Madden was the only one on the cover...when they started putting players on the cover, the Bills "golden era" had just ended...

As for next year...who knows? At this point of the season, I would give Drew Brees a pretty big nod as leauge MVP, but that is just me...maybe LT?

Right, I just did a google search and the first year they started putting players on the cover was on Madden 2001 with Eddie George.

http://www.footballdocs.com/madden_curse.html

852262[/snapback]

IF I had to guess I"d say it's going to be a receiver. The cover has gone hand in hand with the addition of positional gameplay which corrresponds to the player...this year was the year of the running back and last year was the year of the quarterback. The year before that it was Ray Lewis and there were new gameplan options on defense.

That being said, something to enhance receiver play could be a possibility, the question is who is this year's sexiest receiver? Steve Smith? Chad Johnson? Leeeeeeeee?

I would say they're going to go with Chad Johnson if it's a receiver, he seems to be the most popular around the league. If Lee Evans really heats up down the stretch and the Bills play some winning football then he could be a possibility, although I won't get my hopes up.

This was the last season for the Madden franchise if the nerds at the EB Games were telling the truth, and its going to be called something completely different next year. My question is this: When they change the name will the Madden cover jinx go away?

852272[/snapback]

Hopefully they change more than the name, the 360 version is lacking some serious depth!

Hmm...LT is a good choice. Wouldnt be suprised at all to see Chad Johnson on there. He is a very marketable commodity these days. Just throwing some other names out there

1. Reggie Bush (Still very markatable, plus has the new orleans thing going for him)

2. Drew Brees (i cant believe his numbers. nearly 20% more passing yards than Peyton manning, who is 2nd!)

3. Larry Johnson

4. Carson Palmer

5. Peyton Manning (he is a marketing whore)

How do you know this? Any link?

852317[/snapback]

I don't think he was saying he knew it as a fact. It sounds more like he's reporting a rumor he overheard...

This was the last season for the Madden franchise if the nerds at the EB Games were telling the truth, and its going to be called something completely different next year. My question is this: When they change the name will the Madden cover jinx go away?

852272[/snapback]

Hmm...LT is a good choice.  Wouldnt be suprised at all to see Chad Johnson on there.  He is a very marketable commodity these days.  Just throwing some other names out there

1. Reggie Bush (Still very markatable, plus has the new orleans thing going for him)

852331[/snapback]

If that happened, Bush would be the first to grace the covers of both the NCAA and Madden franchises, I believe.

Hmm...LT is a good choice.  Wouldnt be suprised at all to see Chad Johnson on there.  He is a very marketable commodity these days.  Just throwing some other names out there

2. Drew Brees (i cant believe his numbers.  nearly 20% more passing yards than Peyton manning, who is 2nd!)

3. Larry Johnson

4. Carson Palmer

5. Peyton Manning (he is a marketing whore)

852331[/snapback]

1. No way

2. Strong possible

3. No way, still anonymous to a casual fan

4. Great white hope...possible

5. Nope, too predictable...

i know a guy who works for the EA Sports developmental team and he said Madden 08 is really going to concentrate on the Special Teams AI portion of the game, and he told me they are seriously considering asking Moorman to be on the cover.

:beer:  :nana:  :lol:  :P

852264[/snapback]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I think they switch from an offensive to a defensive player each year.  I think it would be a defensive guy in 2008.  Urlacher?

852639[/snapback]

The only defender to be on the cover was Ray Lewis.

Eddie George

Daunte Culpepper

Marshall Faulk

Michael Vick

Lewis

Donovan McNabb

Shaun Alexander