2 guys to stop this weekend to get the W.

PIZ

I think Merriman is back this week. The guy is a monster. LT scares me, as he is the best in the league. He's scored 12 TD's in the last 4 games. Pray for snow. The one thing the Bills need to do is get ahead quickly (special teams - turnovers) and make Rivers try to beat them.

The Chargers are going to go with LT until the Bills prove they can stop them.

I think those two are guys you need to contain. You will never stop them (at least not LT), but limiting the damage that those two would give us a good chance to win.

I'd be a little more concerned with Antonio Gates. He's not having his typical year, but TEs have a way of destroying this team with middle routes. Especially if they have a QB who looks for them often (see Brady, Tom and Watson, Ben).

We can still win this game if LT runs for 100+ and gets 2 TDs. We can also win this game if Merriman gets 2 sacks. But if in addition to that, a guy like Gates catches 7-8 balls and a TD or two, then it's lights out.

I think we should give Merriman the barry bonds treatment.  Any ideas for signs or chants?

850857[/snapback]

A friend of mine got thrown out of the Reds stadium for flexing his muscles at Bonds...if the NFL is anything like MLB, you'll want to watch what you say/do or risk getting tossed

Peters vs Merriman is going to be fun to watch.

As for LT, we're not going to stop that guy. I keep reading about making Rivers win the game by jumping out to a lead. What, are we going to get up 35-0 on the Chargers? In the cold, in the wind, in the (possible) snow, Schottenheimer will ride LT even if McGee takes the opening kickoff for a TD. We will see lots of LT and we aren't stopping him unless we put 13 in the box. We'll have to win despite him getting his.

Obviously the o-line has to play like they have the past two weeks. Shutting down the pass rush, someone has to pancake Shootin' up Merriman.

D side of the ball. Get to Rivers and get to him often. That, to me is the key to winning. I don;t care how good your RB is. If you rattle your QB, he's likely to make mistakes via INT's, fumbles, bad passes.... whatever. The Bills D has to remember that even though Rivers is having a good year, he's still wet under the collar. Let's just hope they knock his butt down a ton.

As for LT, we're not going to stop that guy.  I keep reading about making Rivers win the game by jumping out to a lead.  What, are we going to get up 35-0 on the Chargers?  In the cold, in the wind, in the (possible) snow, Schottenheimer will ride LT even if McGee takes the opening kickoff for a TD.  We will see lots of LT and we aren't stopping him unless we put 13 in the box.  We'll have to win despite him getting his.

850864[/snapback]

I believe you don't have to completely stop him... bend but don't break. No matter how good he is, if other members of that offense gets rattled, that will affect LT's game.

:censored::thumbsup::wallbash:

As for LT, we're not going to stop that guy.  I keep reading about making Rivers win the game by jumping out to a lead.  What, are we going to get up 35-0 on the Chargers?  In the cold, in the wind, in the (possible) snow, Schottenheimer will ride LT even if McGee takes the opening kickoff for a TD.  We will see lots of LT and we aren't stopping him unless we put 13 in the box.  We'll have to win despite him getting his.

850864[/snapback]

The one variable is Schottenloser. He has a history of inexplicably switching games plans when one is working too well. That being said jesus and 10 of his most athletic apostles couldn't stop LT, its like when Shaq was in his prime. You know hes going to get his but if you stop the rest of the team you have a shot, however sometimes LT can win games by himself.

I think Merriman is back this week.  The guy is a monster.  LT scares me, as he is the best in the league.  He's scored 12 TD's in the last 4 games.  Pray for snow.  The one thing the Bills need to do is get ahead quickly (special teams - turnovers) and make Rivers try to beat them.

The Chargers are going to go with LT until the Bills prove they can stop them.

850853[/snapback]

The key to this game will be Whitner (and, to some extent, our OLB's). He can't break contain and give up any huge runs to LT. We can live with LT grinding out tough yards in the snow. What will kill us is 50-yard TD runs.

I'm actually praying against snow. I think we need good weather, as JP will have to air it out this week for us to win.

I think those two are guys you need to contain.  You will never stop them (at least not LT), but limiting the damage that those two would give us a good chance to win.

I'd be a little more concerned with Antonio Gates.  He's not having his typical year, but TEs have a way of destroying this team with middle routes.  Especially if they have a QB who looks for them often (see Brady, Tom and Watson, Ben).

We can still win this game if LT runs for 100+ and gets 2 TDs.  We can also win this game if Merriman gets 2 sacks.  But if in addition to that, a guy like Gates catches 7-8 balls and a TD or two, then it's lights out.

850860[/snapback]

Your comment regarding Gates is concerning. As good as Fletcher has played this year he is still somewhat weak in pass coverage. With the responsibility he has in the cover 2, the middle of the field may be open for the Chargers.

We came up with a plan to somewhat "contain" Indy, hopefully the coaching staff can do it again.