Weather will be the

PNW_Bills_Fan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agreee with the weather edge.

Green Bay should have rolled over the Seahawks last night to show just one example.

850547[/snapback]

IMO - the edge is about the same or perhaps less than home field advantage. To reverse this, northern teams who had snow in October, like Buffalo did, are at a disadvantage when traveling to a hot and humid place like Miami in December.

Green Bay should have rolled over the Seahawks last night to show just one example.

850547[/snapback]

Last nights game turned on a very, very , very bad call by the officials. Roughing the passer.GB had held Seattle and would have gotten the ball , instead Seattle got a td.that took the wind out of GB.

I for one am starting to believe NFL officials throw games.

Last nights game turned on a very, very , very bad call by the officials. Roughing the passer.GB  had held Seattle and would have gotten the ball , instead Seattle got a td.that took the wind out of GB.

I for one am starting to believe NFL officials throw games.

850558[/snapback]

You're just starting to figure that out?? If 90% of the bettors put their money on S.D. as expected,

we will get a close game that covers the line, after that, its all a matter of make a couple of plays to win the game..... :censored:

850547[/snapback]

How do you figure that>>??? It dosent snow in Seattle? :censored: Weather had nothing to do with it. They were both in their "elements".

You're just starting to figure that out?? If 90% of the bettors put their money on S.D. as expected,

we will get a close game that covers the line, after that, its all a matter of make a couple of plays to win the game.....  :censored:

850657[/snapback]

Easiest thing in the world to selectively enforce holding when the game is going the 'wrong' way. Don't say officials do it all that consciously, but it happens to the underdog more than the favorite. If the holding rule was consistently enforced, we would have a lot more low scoring games.

Weather will not be the deciding factor. If it is cold, blowing and snowing, BOTH teams have to play in it. Furthermore, it's not going to be -10. 30 degrees isn't going to make the Chargers forget how to play football.

On th eother hand, the Bills ability to stop the run and play turnover free football will go along ways in determining who wins the game.

Weather will not be the deciding factor.  If it is cold, blowing and snowing, BOTH teams have to play in it.  Furthermore, it's not going to be -10.  30 degrees isn't going  to make the Chargers forget how to play football. 

On th eother hand, the Bills ability to stop the run and play turnover free football will go along ways in determining who wins the game.

850700[/snapback]

Agreed. Some folks think the snow will slow down LT as well and make him slower, but it is all relative. If LT is slower and can't cut as fast, neither can the guy chasing him down.

Weather will be a factor for sure. Bodies that aren't used to a blustery and low-30's environment will take more time adjusting to it, period, especially if it's the first time all season you've faced it. Will it win the game for the Bills? No. Players have to make plays, but it'll be a factor.

How do you figure that>>???  It dosent snow in Seattle? :thumbsup:  Weather had nothing to do with it. They were both in their "elements".

850668[/snapback]

I like this part of your post in particular :wallbash:

Now then, maybe you missed the point.

The point was that since it was snowing GB was in their element and therefore should have won. :worthy:

See? :censored:

Ever been to San Diego? Almost every day is perfect, sunny and mid 70s.

The Chargers don't like snow.

850680[/snapback]

I dont know. It's not like they never play in snow. Both KC and Denver seem to have bad weather all the time.

Has any one done study on how warm weather teams do in cold weather climate.

I think this weekend has all the makings of an upset

850482[/snapback]

I read somewhere that a home team scores, on average, 4 extra points for every 5 degrees the temp drops below 43. I'll make an effort to find that link, because it supports just about every argument I've ever had.

I read somewhere that a home team scores, on average, 4 extra points for every 5 degrees the temp drops below 43.  I'll make an effort to find that link, because it supports just about every argument I've ever had.

850955[/snapback]

And nobody factors in jet lag? The West coast teams playing an Eastern team at 1 P.M. are getting up 3 hours earlier with no acclimation time. It makes a difference in producing less than stellar performances.