Reasons Why We Can Beat San Diego

truth on hold

1. San Diego has had 3 come from behind victories in a row against Cinci, Denver and Oakland. If they get behind can they be expected to do it again?

2. Both of their losses have been on the road and the game is in Buffalo.

3. They are showing signs of fatigue with a poor performance for 3 & 1/2 quarters against the lowly Raiders.

4. Now that they have been crowned "best team in the league" by the media they are due for a letdown like the previous "best teams" Chicago and Indianapolis.

5. Bills are on a roll having won 3 of their last 4 and nearly winning in Indianapolis.

6. Schottenheimer coached teams HAVE ALWAYS faded and disappointed towards the end of the year. He has never been to a Super Bowl in 25 years as Head Coach.

7. Rivers has less experience as a starter than Losman and is still largely unproven; this could be highlighted as the games become more meaningful.

8. Their lone deep threat Keenan McCardell has been playing injured most of the year and has no touchdowns. This will allow Bills to cover their own run defense weakness by putting 8 men in the box (like they did in 2nd half against Jaguars.) 8 in the box also helps to counter Chargers most potent threats LT and Gates.

9 San Diego is a warm weather natural grass team playing in a decidely cold weather artificial turf stadium.

10. San Diego's next 2 games after Buffalo are against division rivals Denver and Kansas City and they could get caught looking ahead.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. San Diego has had 3 come from behind victories in a row against Cinci, Denver and Oakland.  If they get behind can they be expected to do it again?

2. Both of their losses have been on the road and the game is in Buffalo.

3. They are showing signs of fatigue with a poor performance for 3 & 1/2 quarters against the lowly Raiders.

4. Now that they have been crowned "best team in the league" by the media they are due for a letdown like the previous "best teams" Chicago and Indianapolis.

5. Bills are on a roll having won 3 of their last 4 and nearly winning in Indianapolis.

6. Schottenheimer coached teams HAVE ALWAYS faded and disappointed towards the end of the year.  He has never been to a Super Bowl in 25 years as Head Coach.

7. Rivers has less experience as a starter than Losman and is still largely unproven; this could be highlighted as the games become more meaningful.

8. Their lone deep threat Keenan McCardell has been playing injured most of the year and has no touchdowns.  This will allow Bills to cover their own run defense weakness by putting 8 men in the box (like they did in 2nd half against Jaguars.) 8 in the box also helps to counter Chargers most potent threats LT and Gates.

9 San Diego is a warm weather natural grass team playing in a decidely cold weather artificial turf stadium.

10. San Diego's next 2 games after Buffalo are against division rivals Denver and Kansas City and they could get caught looking ahead.

849932[/snapback]

I like reasons 6-10. 1-5...eh

6. Schottenheimer coached teams HAVE ALWAYS faded and disappointed towards the end of the year.  He has never been to a Super Bowl in 25 years as Head Coach.

849932[/snapback]

I think these are the two most compelling reasons, especially #10. Let's hope that the Bills offense doesn't go into turtle mode if they get a lead though. San Diego can score points almost at will. We have to stay hungry and aggressive the whole game.

I'd test Merriman's conditioning too, suspended players are barred from team facilities, let's see if he's been working out just as hard on his own and off the juice.

San Diego is overdue for a Schottenheimer special...mysterious play calling, inexplicable turnovers, bad special teams...you know...

Martyball....

if we couldn't stop Jones and Taylor, how the heck do we stop LT

849972[/snapback]

we did stop them in the 2nd half when bills moved the safeties up. and i really like the way tripplet is coming along. that physical pressure up the middle is something we haven't had all year. and schoebel, hargrove and kelsay had another solid day. as a group hey got 3 sacks on a very mobile and tough garrard. i also think whitner will do a much better job against LT and Gates than the undersized and slowing Milloy did last year.

if we couldn't stop Jones and Taylor, how the heck do we stop LT

849972[/snapback]

Game control, keep him off the field! I believe the coaching staff can put together a winning game plan! But I forsee LT will get his share of yards. We just need to stop his and gates big plays! If it becomes a shoot out........I dont believe the bills can keep up.

12. Jauron's game plan is the X-factor

13. Special teams on Buffalo could turn the tide of the game (see: Roscoe Parrish last week)

14. LT IS due for a bad week...players don't just produce like that week after week, they do get tired...

Top 2 reasons the Bills lose :doh:

1. It's Buffalo

2. Buffalo fans getting hopes up about playoffs

Guest dog14787
I like reasons 6-10.  1-5...eh

849942[/snapback]

My top 10 reasons :doh:

1. J.P. Losman

2. Willis McGahee

3. Lee Evans

4. Peerless Price

5. Roscoe Parrish

6. Nate Clements

7. Terrence McGee

8. London Fletcher

9. Angelo Crowell

10. A Rocking Rich Stadium in a blinding snow storm! :D

I think I'm going to hope for god-awful weather. I'm not sure how LD does in really piss poor winter weather, and I suspect Rivers won't be as effective. The weather will probably mean more and more LD...but I think we'll be better off just facing ONE dimension of that offense. We'll stick with the two tight ends and keep sending WM and the A-train into the line and hopefully we'll get off a few good passes.

I think I'm going to hope for god-awful weather.  I'm not sure how LD does in really piss poor winter weather, and I suspect Rivers won't be as effective.  The weather will probably mean more and more LD...but I think we'll be better off just facing ONE dimension of that offense.  We'll stick with the two tight ends and keep sending WM and the A-train into the line and hopefully we'll get off a few good passes.

850020[/snapback]

agreed :doh:

bad weather would definately help

MOTHER NATURE, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

My top 10 reasons   :doh:

1.   J.P. Losman

2.   Willis McGahee

3.   Lee Evans

4.   Peerless Price

5.   Roscoe Parrish

6.   Nate Clements

7.   Terrence McGee

8.   London Fletcher

9.   Angelo Crowell

10.  A Rocking Rich Stadium in a blinding snow storm!   :D

849991[/snapback]

What the hell is Peerless Price doing so high on that list? The guy has made 2 plays in 11 games.

Go Bills! If you call yourself fans, than you better Billieve! :D

12. Jauron's game plan is the X-factor

13. Special teams on Buffalo could turn the tide of the game (see: Roscoe Parrish last week)

14. LT IS due for a bad week...players don't just produce like that week after week, they do get tired...

Top 2 reasons the Bills lose :doh:

1. It's Buffalo

2. Buffalo fans getting hopes up about playoffs

849985[/snapback]

Turner is pretty damn good in his own right. We need to bring our 'A' game to beat the Chargers but it is possible.

Turner is pretty damn good in his own right. We need to bring our 'A' game to beat the Chargers but it is possible.

850066[/snapback]

yea, Turner is decent, but I believe our D-Line will be extremely pumped for the game to stop a RB the caliber of LT, and if Marty throws Turner in there the D will be there

this is all speculation of course :doh:

man I love that pirate