First ever game on NFL network

What does everyone think? The only thing I really think is downright ugly is the banner they have on top of the screen. Not only is the color just ugly but its also not pressed towards the top of the screen (its about a half inch from the top) so when someone kicks a field goal it cuts off part of the uprights and the ball.

What does everyone think? The only thing I really think is downright ugly is the banner they have on top of the screen. Not only is the color just ugly but its also not pressed towards the top of the screen (its about a half inch from the top) so when someone kicks a field goal it cuts off part of the uprights and the ball.

846633[/snapback]

It's the NFL Network, not Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It needs to be moved up some. Also, I dont need it to tell me what team has the ball. If i cant figure that out, i shouldnt be watching the game.

Also, Im not a big Bryant Gumbel fan. A bit too nasally for me.

Wasnt a big fan of the intros, could hardly read the guys name as they scrolled in.

Also, they have a camera with a bad pixel...or at leat thats how its showing up on my TV. Nearly freaked out the first time I saw it. Thought my TV was going bad.

So far, its basically liek the XFL to me. Mostly crap, but hopefully something innovative and good will come out of it for the networks to use.

846633[/snapback]

I think it is rather arrogant for the NFL to air this holiday game only on the NFL Network. It would be nice to watch the game, but sorry I don't have the NFL Network.

So much for watching the game. I'm at my mother's house for the holliday and she has the NFL network (via a cable provider, not dish). However, when the game was getting ready to start a screen came up saying, "if you are watching the NFL network in the US your cable provider has chosen to show any NFL primetime games to its subscribers. You will not be able to see any of the 8 primetime games..."

I wasn't aware that there were people who had the NFL network that wouldn't be able to see the games. Does anybody else have this issue? Thankfully this is the only week I'll have to deal with this (well, other than Christmas) but it's annoying none-the-less.

Honestly your not missing too much. 10-3 KC ... and Denver has had a penalty on pretty much every play.

846669[/snapback]

Thank God the Bills aren't playing.....that would have been torture. As it is, I'm not all that interested in either KC or Denver, unless for some reason Cutler is playing. I'm curious to see how he'll do.

So much for watching the game.  I'm at my mother's house for the holliday and she has the NFL network (via a cable provider, not dish).  However, when the game was getting ready to start a screen came up saying, "if you are watching the NFL network in the US your cable provider has chosen to show any NFL primetime games to its subscribers.  You will not be able to see any of the 8 primetime games..."

I wasn't aware that there were people who had the NFL network that wouldn't be able to see the games.  Does anybody else have this issue?  Thankfully this is the only week I'll have to deal with this (well, other than Christmas) but it's annoying none-the-less.

846650[/snapback]

Try TSN (if you get it)

I guess it was...mostly.  They seem to turn it on and off randomly.  Whereas the other networks always leave it on...at least i think.  Its one of those things you dont really notice until you start looking for it.

846645[/snapback]

[old man voice]

Back in my day, we didn't have these fancy yellow lines on the field. You either had to listen to the announcers to know what the down and yardage was, or keep track of it yourself. And none of this constant score being placed on the screen, you wait for the commercial for them to place it up on the screen while they cut from the game. Other scores? Bah. You waited till halftime, and when the game was over to find out how other teams did.

[/old man voice]

Really though, it's interesting watch an older game, like the comeback, and seeing all the differences between broadcasts then and broadcasts now.