Time Warner....FU!!

LabattBlue

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be at that game tomorrow and I'm pretty damn excited. I don't even like either team but any game at Aarowhead is a pretty damn good time and games against the Broncos are even better.

On a side note: I will be trying to break my record for how many beers I can sneak into Aarowhead while getting patted down. The current record of 7 was set in 2004 against the Broncos and my attempt last year of 8 was ruined by security (had to do a lot of chugging outside the stadium). I'm getting 8 in that stadium tomorrow.

Who the hell wants to watch Denver and KC ?

BTW....it's !@#$ the NFL.....not Time Warner.  0:)

846169[/snapback]

Let's see........Over 200 other cable companies provide the NFL Network to their customers. Dish and DirecTV provide it free to their customers (FOR A LOT LESS MONEY PER MONTH IN SUBSCRIPTION FEES, I MIGHT ADD).

And Time Warner does NOTHING for their customers! I am already paying almost $60 PER MONTH for BASIC CABLE!!!!!! And, I get less channels that I would if I had DirecTV for $39.95 PER MONTH!

Anyone who defends Time Warner in all of this is crazy.

I just wish my apartment complex would allow us to get a dish. TW is PURE CRAP!

its time warner being to cheap to pay what NFL wants so sorry cbll gal its cable fault not the NFL

846202[/snapback]

You do realize the cost would be passed on to the subscribers, right? We want to put it on......on a sports tier ($1.95/mo) where it belongs. Believe it or not.......a large number of people think there's already too much sports on basic TV.

0:)

You do realize the cost would be passed on to the subscribers, right? We want to put it on......on a sports tier ($1.95/mo) where it belongs. Believe it or not.......a large number of people think there's already too much sports on basic TV.

846210[/snapback]

I still say TW and other cable companies should do 'ala carte' programming. If they can do On Demand, they can do ala carte.

846210[/snapback]

You do realize that us former Adelphia subscribers are ALREADY PAYING FOR IT, RIGHT? The fact is that when Adelphia brought on the Empire Sports Network each subscriber had their cable rates raised about $2.22 PER MONTH. Then when Empire Sports Network left, we were given NFL Network as a substitutaion.

NOW WE HAVE NEITHER!!!! So, when is Time Warner going to give all of their subscribers their $2.22 PER MONTH back???????????????????????????????

I guess Time Warner chooses to ignore the fact that we are already paying for a network we no longer get.

TIME WARNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THIS! To everyone who does have the opportunity, PLEASE GET A DISH! SCREW TIME WARNER!

846210[/snapback]

Well when DTV added NFL net it didnt pass it down. This is why I havent been a cable subscriber for almsot 12 years now and dont miss it a bit

sven: depending on how your apartment is set up, specifically if you have a balcony or patio that is within your "exclusive use," you may be able to get a dish.

see this: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/consumerdish.html

I am a lawyer in California and years ago when i was in an apartment, my apartment complex tried to pull the same crap. And, as long as you do not damage walls or common areas (drilling, etc) and if you have a balcony or patio, you can get the dish. I had my dish wired through my sliding glass door and there are methods to use that keeps the door closed with the wire through them. For a couple extra bucks you can get a stand and set the dish on it without having to attach it to apartment itself. Just put a heavy weight or sand bag on the stand to secure it in weather.

sven: depending on how your apartment is set up, specifically if you have a balcony or patio that is within your "exclusive use," you may be able to get a dish.

see this: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/consumerdish.html

I am a lawyer in California and years ago when i was in an apartment, my apartment complex tried to pull the same crap. And, as long as you do not damage walls or common areas (drilling, etc) and if you have a balcony or patio, you can get the dish. I had my dish wired through my sliding glass door and there are methods to use that keeps the door closed with the wire through them. For a couple extra bucks you can get a stand and set the dish on it without having to attach it to apartment itself. Just put a heavy weight or sand bag on the stand to secure it in weather.

846286[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. I just PM'd you back with a response basically stating that we are screwed. We are facing the NORTH in our apartment and we have no balcony or patio. So, until we move, we are screwed.

Oh well. I hope that information helps someone!

SCREW TIME WARNER!

Well when DTV added NFL net it didnt pass it down.    This is why I havent been a cable subscriber for almsot 12 years now and dont miss it a bit

846233[/snapback]

Amen, brother! Same here and I'm never going back. Some of the worst and most frustrating SOB's I've ever dealt with. I recently called DTV to voice my dissatisfaction that on Sundays they have to temporarily remove one of their HD channels to make room for the Sunday Ticket HD broadcasts, and they gave me a compensation package worth $260. I've been given their SuperFan package for free just for being a returning customer. The list goes on. Try getting a deal like that out of the cable companies 0:)