How not to deep fry a turkey

BuffaloBud

While I understand their point, who starts the oil on fire before they put the Turkey in? She said the things we did wrong were, overfill the oil, heat it up too fast, use a partially frozen bird, but no mention of starting the whole thing on fire and then DROP the turkey in.

This is anti-turkey deep fry propaganda and I (nor Martha Stewart) will stand for it! <_<

While I understand their point, who starts the oil on fire before they put the Turkey in? She said the things we did wrong were, overfill the oil, heat it up too fast, use a partially frozen bird, but no mention of starting the whole thing on fire and then DROP the turkey in.

This is anti-turkey deep fry propaganda and I (nor Martha Stewart) will stand for it! <_<

845779[/snapback]

I was wondering also why it was already on fire before they dropped the turkey in.

I was wondering also why it was already on fire before they dropped the turkey in.

845811[/snapback]

No arguement here. I was just pointing out what could go wrong (even if the oil was on fire).

Saw the episode from "Good Eats" about deep fried turkey. A bit overboard with the ladder and pulley mechanism.

I fried four turkeys yesterday. It is DAMN good and I highly suggest you try it.

Good video on how to do it correctly.

845835[/snapback]

I just watched the video "How to Deep Fry a Turkey with Greg" and I'm curious. Can I fry the turkey without Greg? If I fry the turkey with Greg, do I have to inject Greg with a marinade and massage his breasts, too? I prefer not to, if at all possible.

I just watched the video "How to Deep Fry a Turkey with Greg" and I'm curious. Can I fry the turkey without Greg? If I fry the turkey with Greg, do I have to inject Greg with a marinade and massage his breasts, too? I prefer not to, if at all possible.

845955[/snapback]

You can do anything LA - I have faith in you.