Someone please tell me again, why Jax isn't

Lv-Bills

I mean, everytime they pan in on the stands, the stadium is about 1/4 empty. That one endzone is very sporadic. They have tarps draped over sections of seats in the upper endzone corners.

They have a better than average squad, and are playing a very star studded Giants team on Monday Night. Yet, there are a lot of empties.

Why again, is Jax so important to the NFL?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7500 tickets left for this Sunday against JAX.

If fans don't stand up and put their money where their mouths are - we could very well be a legit candidate for LA.

I know, JAX has it's problems - but so do the Bills.

GO BUY A TICKET AND SHUT UP!

844208[/snapback]

i don't know where mitholidian verginia is, but my guess is it's a heck of a commute.

But golly, what's with all the nasties today? We won, and our "QB of the Future" showed a pulse, and well, we won.

I'm happy. Sorry to hear you're not.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rant.

i don't know where mitholidian verginia is, but my guess is it's a heck of a commute.

But golly, what's with all the nasties today? We won, and our "QB of the Future" showed a pulse, and well, we won.

I'm happy. Sorry to hear you're not.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rant.

844284[/snapback]

Yo, just as thrilled as the next bills fan with Sunday's win. It was much needed and good for JP - I think everyone wants to see the guy succeed.

But the truth is: Bills fans need to support this team when they're good - and when they're not so good. Until we get a new stadium (preferably somewhere closer to downtown) and a legit new lease - the Buffalo Bills will always be viewed as a team on the move. Either to LA or more likely Toronto.

It's imperative that we sell out the Ralph this weekend, and every home game.

Go Bills.

Go Sabres (nice win tonight!)

Yo, just as thrilled as the next bills fan with Sunday's win.  It was much needed and good for JP - I think everyone wants to see the guy succeed.

But the truth is: Bills fans need to support this team when they're good - and when they're not so good.  Until we get a new stadium (preferably somewhere closer to downtown) and a legit new lease - the Buffalo Bills will always be viewed as a team on the move.  Either to LA or more likely Toronto.

It's imperative that we sell out the Ralph this weekend, and every home game. 

Go Bills.

Go Sabres (nice win tonight!)

844288[/snapback]

I agree with the needed support during bad times and in good times, a stadium closer to downtown would suck though. Tailgating would drop off, parking would cost a fortune and the amount of "scalpers" (some look like gang members) would probably quadruple.

I'm very pleased with the suburban location now

I mean, everytime they pan in on the stands, the stadium is about 1/4 empty.  That one endzone is very sporadic.  They have tarps draped over sections of seats in the upper endzone corners. 

They have a better than average squad, and are playing a very star studded Giants team on Monday Night.  Yet, there are a lot of empties.

844198[/snapback]

I guess it was like 40 degrees in Jax, which to them is like the Antarctic

If fans don't stand up and put their money where their mouths are - we could very well be a legit candidate for LA.

844208[/snapback]

LOL. WTF kind of moronic post is this?

#1 I have season tix even though I live in Virginia. But thanks for playing anyway.

#2 Are you talking about Bills fans that have sold out 24 or their last 25 games despite being horrible for the last seven years?

#3 And again. JAX is good. The NY Giants are good. It was a Monday night game. The stadium was about 30% empty. There also were/are 15 sections of tarped over seats because so many tickets remain empty. Now, 7,500 tickets remaining in Buffalo doesn't seem like a big deal when the announcers tried to justify the small crowd last night ijn JAX because the WIND CHILL was around 40 degrees. Football in JAX has never really taken off.

Let's bet the Bills will sellout or come VERY close by gametime Sunday. Just like always.

Get a clue!

I mean, everytime they pan in on the stands, the stadium is about 1/4 empty.  That one endzone is very sporadic.  They have tarps draped over sections of seats in the upper endzone corners. 

They have a better than average squad, and are playing a very star studded Giants team on Monday Night.  Yet, there are a lot of empties.

844198[/snapback]

It was too cold for the fans last night. You heard the ESPN crew making excuses for the empty seats didn't you? They live in Florida ferchrissakes. :P

LOL.  WTF kind of moronic post is this? 

#1  I have season tix even though I live in Virginia.  But thanks for playing anyway.

#2  Are you talking about Bills fans that have sold out 24 or their last 25 games despite being horrible for the last seven years?

#3  And again.  JAX is good.  The NY Giants are good.  It was a Monday night game.  The stadium was about 30% empty.  There also were/are 15 sections of tarped over seats because so many tickets remain empty.  Now, 7,500 tickets remaining in Buffalo doesn't seem like a big deal when the announcers tried to justify the small crowd last night ijn JAX because the WIND CHILL was around 40 degrees.  Football in JAX has never really taken off.

Let's bet the Bills will sellout or come VERY close by gametime Sunday.  Just like always.

Get a clue!

844384[/snapback]

Dude, you're delusional.

1) I could give two ***** where you live. I have season tix and live in Boston. (Nice try).

2) I don't care what's going on in JAX - I care more about the Buffalo Bills and their cemented future in this area.

3) The Bills season should be sold out and a season ticket waiting list should exist - ala Green Bay.

4) Again, you're delusional not realize that we will always be targeted as a team re-lo until the lease is redone to secure its future here in WNY. It's our job as fans to do our part - the part we CAN Control - to not enable the league/future owners to move the team.

#$% off.

844208[/snapback]

I'm confused (no s#it). The Bills aren't good now, yet they sell out every game. Did I miss your point?

It's crazy. The reason they started covering large sections at Jacksonville was because they were complaining the stadium capacity was way too much for the population when you look at it proportionaly compared to other markets. They wanted to be able to sellout and have games on Local TV, which is the best way to grow the sport locally. This all took place right around the Superbowl down there. I get the rationale and it was a smart move by Wayne Weaver to ask for that. It just pains me to think that all through the 70's and 80's the NFL gave two craps about Buffalo and it's fans having an 80,000 seat stadium in a very small market. It was very rare for us to be able to watch a home game on tv. Buffalo fans to the core blow away the NFL market in Jacksonville.

7,500 tickets in a 60-80,000 seat stadium? is that even noticable on TV?

And Jacksonville is usually on the list of teams that could go to LA. The only reason they aren't likely is because they have not been in Jacksonville for too long so they could still look at it as the team could still grow their.

Jacksonville is a candidate to move to LA. It was in the news a lot not even very long ago. They've covered up like 5000 seats because they couldn't get people in the building AND they have a team that's been consistently competitive. It's bad news down there.

Sounds good to me

844503[/snapback]

me, too. throw in Danny Wegman, too.

As a bills fan and huge buffalo supporter - i have zero confidence in our politicians and business community to get their act together to preserve a great tradition in Buffalo.

Yes, we have Schumer and Higgins battling on our behalf - but the fan base must continue to do its part - buy more season tickets and sell out this team.

Yes, winning will help - but supporting this team is non-negotiable. Making a stand because you do not support the product only enables a re-lo.

(Sorry, I don't know why the fact that we have 7500 tix left bothers me. If we can't sell out this game on a holiday weekend, I can't imagine what the next three will be like after JAX - god I hope the Bills WIN all the way).

Go Bills and happy turkey day.

Please describe a scenerio where the Bills stay in Buffalo when RW passes.

844493[/snapback]

There are groups willing to step up and buy the team and keep it in Buffalo if given the chance. It's in the best interests of any prospective group(s) to keep their mouths shut until the time comes.

From everything i've read over the years Ralph's family has no desire to run the team after he passes. With local/national pressure I cannot imagine a scenario where a local ownership group would not be given a chance to buy the team for fair value and keep it in Buffalo,,,,even if they have to overpay.

7500 tickets is a disgrace... add to that a holiday weekend.  We shouldn't have this problem.

I don't care if the stadium is 60,000 or 80,000 in capacity - the stadium actaully sits 73967 people.

How can one defend the indefensible?

844498[/snapback]

Dude, give it a rest. Even Ralph himself is quoted as saying the product has been lousy for years. The fact Bills fans have sold out 25 out of 26 (or whatever??) is really a great thing.