Kramer goes nuts live

meazza

I dont think anyone is defending it.  I dont think anyone on this forum feels that he handled the situation properly.  The only disagreement I see on here is whether this classifies him as a racist.  And ya know...I really dont care.  Racist or not, his words were hurtful and wrong.  We dont need to label him, it serves no good.

As a little aside, a good black friend of mine once told me that the reason the 'N' word is such a powerful word is because when used, it immediatly puts the person in receipt of the comment in a helpless position of inferiority.  There is nothing they can say or do to dispute the connotations that word holds.  They are helpess.  And my friend also told me that there is a word being used against white people today that holds does the exact same thing...and that word is 'Racist'.  Think how you would feel if someone called you a racist.  What can you say?  What can you do?  How do you prove you are not?  Think about how small you would feel, even though you know its not true.  It is a very interesting comparison IMO.  Something to think about.

845322[/snapback]

Actually there is a comeback for someone calling me a racist. You call them an idiot. Who gives a flying !@#$? People are willing to throw out labels like that, !@#$ em.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And my friend also told me that there is a word being used against white people today that holds does the exact same thing...and that word is 'Racist'.  Think how you would feel if someone called you a racist.  What can you say?  What can you do?  How do you prove you are not?  Think about how small you would feel, even though you know its not true.  It is a very interesting comparison IMO.  Something to think about.

845322[/snapback]

How can they prove I am?

I dont think anyone is defending it.  I dont think anyone on this forum feels that he handled the situation properly.  The only disagreement I see on here is whether this classifies him as a racist.  And ya know...I really dont care.  Racist or not, his words were hurtful and wrong.  We dont need to label him, it serves no good.

As a little aside, a good black friend of mine once told me that the reason the 'N' word is such a powerful word is because when used, it immediatly puts the person in receipt of the comment in a helpless position of inferiority.  There is nothing they can say or do to dispute the connotations that word holds.  They are helpess.  And my friend also told me that there is a word being used against white people today that holds does the exact same thing...and that word is 'Racist'.  Think how you would feel if someone called you a racist.  What can you say?  What can you do?  How do you prove you are not?  Think about how small you would feel, even though you know its not true.  It is a very interesting comparison IMO.  Something to think about.

845322[/snapback]

One way of not getting called a racist is to not scream "motherf--king N-----" over and over again to insult a black man from the stage. One way of not getting called a racist is to not use lynching to insult a black man from a stage. One way of not getting called a racist is to verbally attack the heckler, not his race. Seems pretty simple to me. Wanna know why that word would never come out of my mouth, even when in a rage of anger? Because I'm not a racist pig. Just because he lost control on stage does not excuse the fact that his response was to attack the heckler's race. A person who is not a racist scumbag would never do that, no matter what their state of mind.

There is something that must be understood about Richards, and that is that when it comes to perfection he has a touch of obsessive comulsive disorder. This was documented on the Seinfeld set for years, that if he did not like the way things were going he would stop the take and start over. Often times he would get pissed because he was having a bad day as an actor and would break into fits like that, only not as racially charged.

I know it may sound like an excuse, and there really is no excuse for that, but would you consider it terribly wrong if an ex-alcoholic indulged in old habits? Probably not, people would call it a disease and help the person recover.

Who knows, just some thoughts at 8:30 in the morning after a night without sleep.

A white man says it, its called being racist, a black man says it, they are called Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, etc.

Not excusing what he did, but the guy has had mental problems recently. After his last failed tv show, he had a huge mental breakdown. He does have some problems. I actually find it comforting that he didn't immediately check himself into rehab right after doing it like most celbrities would do, atleast he is willing to come out and take the blame for it.

Without knowing exactly what was said by the hecklers (They claim that one of them just said that his friend didn't think he was funny) to him. They only have the video footage of him going off on the hecklers.

Gloria Allred <_<

845710[/snapback]

Hope she has time as she's very busy with the UCLA student who was tased because his skin is dark.

What bothers me in all this is the very obvious double standard where a black person can call black people &#33;@#&#036;s, but white people can't. This does not condone with Michael Richards did, because it was tasteless and rude.

But if black people can call each other &#33;@#&#036;s, but white people can't because we're not black, isn't that racist in itself?

Gloria Allred <_<

845710[/snapback]

She's a beaut. Again, freedom of speech = freedom to hang yourself in the public eye. Her "broken window" analogy was complete horseshit.

There is no guarantee with the purchase of a ticket that you will be satisfied or not offended. If these guys are telling the whole truth as to what happened, it sounds like Richards was a real !@#$ up there (worse than I thought, and that is really saddening). However, if there was no violent conflict, Richards has already done the worst to himself, by completely savaging his own reputation. The offended parties are not entitled to anything save for perhaps a refund of their ticket.

One way of not getting called a racist is to not scream "motherf--king N-----" over and over again to insult a black man from the stage.  One way of not getting called a racist is to not use lynching to insult a black man from a stage.  One way of not getting called a racist is to verbally attack the heckler, not his race.  Seems pretty simple to me.  Wanna know why that word would never come out of my mouth, even when in a rage of anger?  Because I'm not a racist pig.  Just because he lost control on stage does not excuse the fact that his response was to attack the heckler's race.  A person who is not a racist scumbag would never do that, no matter what their state of mind.

845476[/snapback]

It also helps to not be having a complete nervous breakdown.

After seeing the meltdown and the equally awkward and rambling Letterman apology, it looks to me like Richards is completely out of his mind.

She's a beaut.  Again, freedom of speech = freedom to hang yourself in the public eye.  Her "broken window" analogy was complete horseshit.

845720[/snapback]

That is so true and I like that quote

There is no "Freedom of Speech", Its an Urban Legend/Myth. You can't say anything because it might offend and that person will take legal action against you. Nothing he did was against the law, or deserves to have any legal action taken against him. There is no reason these guys should be able to sue him because he should be protected under the "Freedom of Speech"

She's a beaut.  Again, freedom of speech = freedom to hang yourself in the public eye.  Her "broken window" analogy was complete horseshit.

There is no guarantee with the purchase of a ticket that you will be satisfied or not offended.  If these guys are telling the whole truth as to what happened, it sounds like Richards was a real !@#$ up there (worse than I thought, and that is really saddening).  However, if there was no violent conflict, Richards has already done the worst to himself, by completely savaging his own reputation.  The offended parties are not entitled to anything save for perhaps a refund of their ticket.

845720[/snapback]

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when she used that analogy. And you're right about "no guarantee's"

The young men seemed to be telling the truth about what may have been the initial distraction. But for Richard to go off the deep end like that without any provocation, seems strange. Then again, he IS strange.

It also helps to not be having a complete nervous breakdown.

After seeing the meltdown and the equally awkward and rambling Letterman apology, it looks to me like Richards is completely out of his mind.

845726[/snapback]

Which is probably a pre-requisite for a character as bizarre as Cosmo Kramer.

And my friend also told me that there is a word being used against white people today that holds does the exact same thing...and that word is 'Racist'.  Think how you would feel if someone called you a racist.  What can you say?  What can you do?  How do you prove you are not?  Think about how small you would feel, even though you know its not true.  It is a very interesting comparison IMO.  Something to think about.

845322[/snapback]

I don't know

Walk up and Hug a Black Guy?

I listened to the whole segment. Those two kids seem like pretty well spoken decent kids and Kramer was so far out of line he has no legs too stand on. This wasn't some part of his act. He just snapped and this racial stuff came out.

He should compensate those kids somehow to show his remorse for racial slurs.

They look college age, maybe pay for a year of their tuition.

Hope she has time as she's very busy with the UCLA student who was tased because his skin is dark.

What bothers me in all this is the very obvious double standard where a black person can call black people &#33;@#&#036;s, but white people can't. This does not condone with Michael Richards did, because it was tasteless and rude.

But if black people can call each other &#33;@#&#036;s, but white people can't because we're not black, isn't that racist in itself?

845718[/snapback]

Can only white people call another white person 'crackers' ? I don't know, good question, it is a double standard.