Spikes Is Done?

Will Spikes Be Back To His Old Self?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Will Spikes Be Back To His Old Self?

• yes?
    • no?
    • Not as good as before, but still very good

He forced that fumble yesterday that clements picked up, caused a touchdown in the NE game. He is far from done. I would ot cinsider him the speed demon he used to be, but he is not to be released at years end. His play can only improve as he gets hislegs back.

Replying to this kinda bums me out, because I love TKO and really want him to be his old self. But, at least at this time he isn't. Achillies injuries are the one injury now that more people don't come back from than those that do.

Marino's career was never the same after his. I remember after his injury his calf was about a third the size as the one on his other leg. Sam Cowart is just another example.

I'm sorry to say that I think he will be a very good linebacker for a few more years, but he was on his way to being a superstar and I'm afraid that might be gone.

lian Peterson just got back to normal this year. I'll be patient. I'm more worried about DT on this D than anything right now.

843606[/snapback]

I just looked up his stats for this year and They offer me hope. Peterson's nmbers look "pre-injury", he has 60 tackles and 8 sacks through 10 games.

No, no, let's just give him another week. I live having this discussion after every game.

People just don't grasp the concept that it *can* take a long time to get back to form after this type of injury. Doesn't mean it *will* happen, but you have to wait and see. But waiting isn't really an option around these parts, I guess.

Plus, he's playing a different side now. Isn't he?

No, no, let's just give him another week. I live having this discussion after every game.

People just don't grasp the concept that it *can* take a long time to get back to form after this type of injury. Doesn't mean it *will* happen, but you have to wait and see. But waiting isn't really an option around these parts, I guess.

Plus, he's playing a different side now. Isn't he?

843759[/snapback]

he played strongside when he was in cincy.. then weakside here before angelo crowell exploded on the scene.

I think he'll return to his "Pro Bowl" self next season. He's only a year removed from the achilles injury. Prime example is Julian Peterson. He wasn't really much to talk about last year in SF coming off of his injury, atleast not his typical self anyway, but this year he has re-emerged as a defensive force for Seattle. I think TKO will do the same thing. This year is to kinda get the feel for the game and his confidence in that achilles back, then next year he'll explode back onto the scene. Hopefully :)

From everything I have read about Spikes, I would not bet against him. His desire and attitude are just incredible. If I picked one player on the Bill's that could come back strong from this injury, it would be Spikes. Give him a year, this guy is a special kind of football player and person!

I think he will be like Sam Cowert

843568[/snapback]

same injury ended LTs career when he was 32. he played one year after tearing achilles, had 1 sack and then retired. im afraid takeo could be headed down same path. although he's slightly better than LT was after the injury. achilles is a bad one...better off tearing ACL.

Out of curiosity what happened to Keith Ellison?  He seemed like he was filling in okay, and now it looks like he's a member of the "won't dress for the game" squad, has he he regressed?

844179[/snapback]

Knee Injury.