Petition to remove OJ

What a player does on the field should be recognized. OJ deserves the honours of the Wall of Fame and the Hall of fame. Off the field he's a total scumbag who should be shot and pissed on (not necessarily in that order).

Tie Cobb was a prick, but he should be in the baseball hall of fame, same goes for Pete Rose. These honours are for what they did during their careers on the field. What they do off it should be judged seperately.

Yes: we should leave him up: Buffalo honors its great athletes. When our kids ask who that guy was, we can all proudly point up to his name, teary-eyed, and laud the heroism of the woman-beating murderer.

You people who excuse OJ by separating the murderer from the player are pathetic. You can't take away his records, but you can stop honoring him as a Buffalo hero.

Yes: we should leave him up: Buffalo honors its great athletes. When our kids ask who that guy was, we can all proudly point up to his name, teary-eyed, and laud the heroism of the woman-beating murderer.

You people who excuse OJ by separating the murderer from the player are pathetic. You can't take away his records, but you can stop honoring him as a Buffalo hero.

843709[/snapback]

no you can say he was one of the greatest running backs to ever play the game going over 2000 yds in a single season and setting the single season combined yardage (rushing and recieving) record, and leave it at that.

He is a total and utter disgrace to the human race. Who gives a crap what he did on the field!!!! He is dirt and it is an insult to the entire Bills team and to the Buffalo community to be on that Wall. When they interviewed Joe D and asked him about it, you could tell he was disgraced as well.

I am willing to bet that the name comes down by the beginning of next season.

He is a total and utter disgrace to the human race. Who gives a crap what he did on the field!!!! He is dirt and it is an insult to the entire Bills team and to the Buffalo community to be on that Wall. When they interviewed Joe D and asked him about it, you could tell he was disgraced as well.

I am willing to bet that the name comes down by the beginning of next season.

844428[/snapback]

I'm willing to bet that it does not. You'll hear a much more public outcry if it ever comes down than you will for it staying up.

This whole book/TV show thing will cease to be a story within weeks, or even days, and just like that OJ won't be a part of our main conciousness anymore, until his next publicity stunt which we will then forget about within days or weeks and so on.

It's already been up for 12+ years following the murders, it's not coming down at this point.

I'm willing to bet that it does not.  You'll hear a much more public outcry if it ever comes down than you will for it staying up. 

This whole book/TV show thing will cease to be a story within weeks, or even days, and just like that OJ won't be a part of our main conciousness anymore, until his next publicity stunt which we will then forget about within days or weeks and so on.

It's already been up for 12+ years following the murders, it's not coming down at this point.

844442[/snapback]

Like Marv said, he has more important things to worry about

843709[/snapback]

And that is your opinion... You are not in control of the decision.

Was he found guilty?

If you can't separate his LEGAL non-guilt from your PERSONAL judgement of him... Does that say you have utter contempt for the US legal system?

As much as the system is flawed... I honor the system...

And in those blinded eyes (of the system), he is innocent of the criminal charges...

It is FAR more awful if the system convict an innocent man than not convict a guilty man... IMO.

His name should remain...

Of all the things we need to worry about, such as, a struggling football team, high gas prices, a war without end in Iraq, a useless county government.........Need I name more............. :rolleyes:

Why are we wasting server space commenting on a piece of crap like OJ. Let him stay up there as a warning to everyone <_<

Back in 1977 when I was 6 years old he was like an idol to me. As far as I was concerned when ever his name was mentioned I was proud that he was a Bills player.

Now, when I hear or see him my stomach turns. Regardless of what he did on the field as a Bill, I consider him a murdering butcher and should be forever removed from the wall of fame.

He is a disgrace as a human being. :rolleyes: