wgr 550

mead107

Bulldog is two days removed from calling Losman a "clown" and basically saying he's the one making the offensive line look bad. :P

Schoop has found every way imaginable to say Losman sucks and will never amount to anything without using the exact words "Losman sucks and will never amount to anything." But don't call him on that because he'll freak out. (You have to appreciate a radio host so pompous that he thinks he's doing you a favor by letting you talk to him on the radio for 30 seconds.) :lol:

It'll be nice to hear Brad Riter, Howard Simon, and Jeremy White tomorrow as they've all been much more supportive of JP (especially Riter).

Who takes Schopp and Bulldog seriously?

Most people that post on this board have more credible opinions, and that isn't saying much.

Schopp never buttoned a chinstrap in his life, but he knows what it takes to be a good QB?

I'll give Bulldog credit, at least he plays hockey.

Schopp was the freaking PA announcer for his high school football team, for crying out loud. On top of that, I believe he once bragged about being the referee during touch football games in his neighborhood.

Do yourself a favor, don't listen.

Mike Schoop really does not like him and you can hear it in his tempered comments...

842392[/snapback]

I know this is his livelihood, so I hate to say this about him but I really wish WGR would fire Schoop. He never makes a comment of substance, its always some vague, weasel statement. He sounds like a guy who wants to talk about sports but doesn't watch the games.

Plus, his arrogance makes the show unlistenable. I love listening to sports talk, especially after a win like today but tomorrow afternoon I'll be listening to music. I've been annoyed too many times by the WGR afternoon show. Schoop has pretty much singlehandedly ruined sports talk for me.

Bulldog is a shell of his former self also. I used to listen to him every night when he was still on WBEN. Now he sounds like some burned out stoner.

They always brag how they are the highest rated sport show but what choice do we have?

Who takes Schopp and Bulldog seriously?

Most people that post on this board have more credible opinions,  and that isn't saying much.

Schopp never buttoned a chinstrap in his life,  but he knows what it takes to be a good QB?

I'll give Bulldog credit,  at least he plays hockey.

Schopp was the freaking PA announcer for his high school football team,  for crying out loud.  On top of that,  I believe he once bragged about being the referee during touch football games in his neighborhood.

Do yourself a favor,  don't listen.

842467[/snapback]

And he's the number one douchebag in whatever neighborhood he lives. He's an authority on everything and knowledgeable on nothing. Bulldog wasn't bad until he was paired with 'the douche'. Seems like the dog's small mind was overwhelmed by the arrogant one.

Paul Hamilton is blaming Houston for bailing out Jauron's terrible call (his words) for punting near the end of the 4th quarter.

Hamilton lost all credibility by comparing Houston's play calling to Mularkey & clinging to his position that Jauron made the wrong call.

For the record, I was for the punt since if we don't make it on 4th down, we're conceeding the game, while if we punt-recognizing that our punter is a WEAPON, and we don't trust the D, we might as well pack in the season right there. The guys who were watching the game with me didn't want to punt. I brought up the fact that if they didn't plan to punt, they should have run on 3rd down.

Bottom line is if WGR can say a call is terrible that contributed to us winning the game, they're just being moronic.

I know this is his livelihood, so I hate to say this about him but I really wish WGR would fire Schoop. He never makes a comment of substance, its always some vague, weasel statement. He sounds like a guy who wants to talk about sports but doesn't watch the games.

Plus, his arrogance makes the show unlistenable. I love listening to sports talk, especially after a win like today but tomorrow afternoon I'll be listening to music. I've been annoyed too many times by the WGR afternoon show. Schoop has pretty much singlehandedly ruined sports talk for me.

Bulldog is a shell of his former self also. I used to listen to him every night when he was still on WBEN. Now he sounds like some burned out stoner. 

They always brag how they are the highest rated sport show but what choice do we have?

842479[/snapback]

Well, I'm always ragging on Poop and the Bullfrog. The problem with Poop is, he's assumes he smarter than most guys that call in and he likes to make those people feel small and inconsequential. to better his own mental state. But the only thing small and inconsequential when it comes right down to it working post game on a SUNDAY in the FOURTY-NINTH (last I checked) largest media market in the country where you're the only show/station in town. Hardly make people turn in because they actually respect the host or his personality ir his insight. You turn in if your a fan because you have no other option. And if you're like me, I tuned in for less than a minute. Some guy called in, made a point about the defense, Igor and Tiny belittled him and I turned it off.

They might be the only game in town, but when you lose signifcant listeners because your hosts are a) the most pompous, linguistically challenged windbag and b) the biggest homer ever in local journalism, you've got market share problem.

I don't want my sports radio hosts making suggestions for wine and cheese. If I want wine and cheese help, I'll got to Premier. But that's Poop's sad attempt to say "Hey, I'm so sophisticated and smart."

No, actually he's a chicken-sh--, little waterboy who played Statomatic because he couldn't hack it between the lines with his peers. And now, he's using the radio station as his pulpit to exact revenge on jocks he so badly wanted to be but never could.

Yeah, so what I'm saying is, they suck. When they take shots at professional athletes for not being good enough.... just remember, these are two local hacks on a small channel in Buffalo, NY. They haven't risen to a top 20 or even top 40 market.

Oh the irony..........

Yeah, so what I'm saying is, they suck. When they take shots at professional athletes for not being good enough.... just remember, these are two local hacks on a small channel in Buffalo, NY. They haven't risen to a top 20 or even top 40 market.

842556[/snapback]

Schoop and the Bulldog drive me up the wall but I love listening to Brad Riter. He's always enthusiastic, he doesn't take himself seriously, and (amazingly) he stays optimistic. He also rarely loses his temper with callers. He's smooth enough to laugh off the callers who have an axe to grind and just want to rant.

I do like pointing out that not everyone at WGR sucks. Simon and White are pretty good too.

Now Shoop is saying that JP did not manage the time well in the 2 minute drill. 

842618[/snapback]

That's another great Schoop-ism.

He manages to stay on both sides of every issue. Which helps him in the event someone calls to comment on one of his "opinions" because it lets him freak out and say people aren't listening to what he's actually saying.

I really expect him to start his show tomorrow with: "Let me make this clear. I don't like JP Losman but I do like him."

Then callers will chime in and say they either like Losman or don't like Losman, and Schoop will call them idiots. Bulldog will get emotional and say dumb things.