50 Worst Songs Ever:

Tux of Borg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody seen that new Time Life Soft Rock Classics infomercial hosted by Air Supply. That thing is a frickin' train wreck of bad songs. The next one is worse than the last. 5 easy payment of 29.99.

There is a reason you can't find that crap in stores.

Hey I like Achy Breaky.  When someone complains about my taste in heavy metal (Metallica/Slayer/Pantera) I play them some Achy Breaky and they STFU

840986[/snapback]

So you're saying you have bad taste in heavy metal AND country? :lol:

What is R.E.M.'s "Shiny Happy People" doing on that list? Even if it isn't your cup of tea, there's nothing terrible about it.

843022[/snapback]

It's pretty freakin bad. "Stand" could make that list, too. Bubblegum music, IMO.

LOL!!! I kept scrolling down the list and getting through it thinking, 'How can Everyone Wang Chung Tonight' not be on the list??? There it was at number 3. God I hate that song! Good to see any Toby Keith song on there, but bummed out about the Beatles song, love that, The End by the doors is classic, especially at beginning of Apocolyps Now.

You like the Final Countdown? That song sucks soooooooo bad! It sucks a@@ big time

843323[/snapback]

No way, that song rocks. The brilliant lyrics...

We're heading for Venus (Venus)

And still we stand tall

Cause maybe they've seen us

And welcome us all (yeah)

With so many light years to go

And things to be found (to be found)

I'm sure that we'll all miss her so

It's the final countdown...

...then the keyboards are all like...

Doona noo noo

Doona noo noo noo

Doona noo noo

Doona noo noo noo

Breathtaking!

2 songs that should really be on the list:

"Muskrat Love" - Captain and Tennille - good God almighty - who writes a overly-sweet bubble-gum pop love song about 2 smelly swamp rats falling in love and dancing? More importantly, who the hell cares? Whoever wrote that gem should have put down their pen and put a gun in their mouth....

"When the Children Cry" - White Lion - A touchy-feely anti-war utopian ballad lamenting the current state of the world and how the children will cry - wow. Not only did the song suck, but the lyrics were overly sweet and melodramatic. All this from a "metal" band my grandmother could have beat up.

It's pretty freakin bad.  "Stand" could make that list, too.  Bubblegum music, IMO.

843320[/snapback]

Difference is it's bubblegum music that's in on the joke, at least. They are not the best R.E.M. songs by a country mile, but 50 worst-ever should be reserved for sh-- like "Save the Best for Last" or Rod Stewart's "Have I Told You Lately?" which has got to be the phoniest piece of musical drivel ever committed to tape. I want to simultaneously hang myself and light myself on fire every time I hear that sappy dreck.

No way, that song rocks.  The brilliant lyrics...

We're heading for Venus (Venus)

And still we stand tall

Cause maybe they've seen us

And welcome us all (yeah)

With so many light years to go

And things to be found (to be found)

I'm sure that we'll all miss her so

It's the final countdown...

...then the keyboards are all like...

Doona noo noo

Doona noo noo noo

Doona noo noo

Doona noo noo noo

Breathtaking!

843499[/snapback]

Around Y2K they were going to re-issue that song but the final pressings had a glaring issue: The first letter "o" was missing from the word "countdown" in the cover art. :)