Patriots remove grass, install FieldTurf

millbank

Can somebody tell me what the hell is up woth our need to sterilize every aspect of our lives?

I for one really enjoyed the mud bowl vs the Jets last weekend and think we should see more of that around the league, not less.

West Hollywood Donahoe......... :lol::P:D

Can somebody tell me what the hell is up woth our need to sterilize every aspect of our lives?

I for one really enjoyed the mud bowl vs the Jets last weekend and think we should see more of that around the league, not less.

West Hollywood Donahoe.........  :lol:  :P  :D

838587[/snapback]

I enjoy mud bowl games too, like the Miami(OH) vs bowling green game last night, but the pats field was ridiculous. They'd water the field down and purposely make it a sloppy shithole as to try and give themselves an unfair advantage.

Piping in fake crowd noise is illegal, so why wasn't creating artificial weather?

.....but the pats field was ridiculous. They'd water the field down and purposely make it a sloppy shithole as to try and give themselves an unfair advantage.

838658[/snapback]

I sort of have my doubts about that one. I think one the the primary factors that has set the Pats apart over the last few years is the crispness of their execution. The ability to execute your offense with precision is one of the first casualties of a muddy field and I have a hard time imagining Belichik not recognizing this. Although there are times when he outsmarts himself, i.e. the last time they played the Colts.

Not to mention that the Pats willingness to move to a faster playing surface is not something youd expect from a team that would consider a muddy field an advantage. It just doesn't add up.

Cya

We're just so desperate for even 1/4 of the success the Pats have had over the past decade that we even look at the friggin turf they use as an explanation for their dominance.

I love watching the Pats lose as much as anyone but who gives a crap about their field or when they decided to change its surface.

RTB

I sort of have my doubts about that one. I think one the the primary factors that has set the Pats apart over the last few years is the crispness of their execution. The ability to execute your offense with precision is one of the first casualties of a muddy field and I have a hard time imagining Belichik not recognizing this. Although there are times when he outsmarts himself, i.e. the last time they played the Colts.

Not to mention that the Pats willingness to move to a faster playing surface is not something youd expect from a team that would consider a muddy field an advantage. It just doesn't add up.

Cya

838698[/snapback]

I thought the league made them fix their field. They did that to the skinflint Mike Brown after 2 years of that cow pasture in the then new Paul Brown Stadium.

I thought the league made them fix their field. They did that to the skinflint Mike Brown after 2 years of that cow pasture in the then new Paul Brown Stadium.

838709[/snapback]

The league may have been responsible, I really don't know anything other than what I've read in this thread.

Re: the Bengal turf, I remember thnking in its first couple years that it was in a ferocious competition with Heinz Field for the undisputed title of worst field in the NFL. It appears as if P'burgh is now pulling away in a once hotly contested race. :lol:

The league may have been responsible, I really don't know anything other than what I've read in this thread.

Re: the Bengal turf, I remember thnking in its first couple years that it was in a ferocious competition with Heinz Field for the undisputed title of worst field in the NFL. It appears as if P'burgh is now pulling away in a once hotly contested race.  :lol:

838718[/snapback]

Brown didn't want to fix it (it was a 3" layer of sod over a sand base), because when the idiot voters and county commissioners gave him his free place of business, his only financial responsibility was the playing field.