Let's just face it

JayFromDC

Green Bay, Indy and now Houston coming up.  Three ho-hum defenses in the NFL.  Let's see what JP and the offense can do vs. Houston.  If he still can't produce points in the red zone then i hope he can get good value for his North Buffalo home because he will be working in another city next season.   Look for Mario Williams to have his breakout day against our O-line and deer in the headlights QB.

836566[/snapback]

Isn't Mario Hurt, or atleast playing through an injury right now?

I am almost 99.9% sure JP will be back with the Bills next season because if you listen to the coaches and GM, they see something in him and believe the problem is the o-line not being able to pass block. Its the media and the fans that think its because the coaches have lost faith in him and they are running because he sucks and they don't want him to lose games.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, lets assume that the reason that JP is only passing 13 times per game is that the coaches have no confidence in him. Well the fact hat he's playing over Nall and KH tells me they have even less confidence in them. So then why would the game plan change? Instead they'd be throwing 13 times per game JP's not calling the plays, the coaches are. Actually KH probably would warrant a more aggressive offense, but not sure what it proves. Would he be sacked as much probably not as he knows how to dump it off, but again, not sure what that proves other than JP is still raw. Teams love to blitz inexperienced QB's to try and rattle them. Put a poor line in front of him and they will come in waves, knowing the percentages are in their favor either to sack him or create poor decision. That didn't happen in Pitt or NE as their lines were strong enough to hold them off, thus lowering the percentages and making the defense pay for their aggressiveness to often.

I do think that the coaches lack confidence in the overall offense, and a combo of poor blocking and JP being still inexperienced. But I doubt that would change with a different QB. There was an article a coule weeks back quoting Fairchild as stating they are on JP's case hard not to take off and scramble as his opinion is the only way a QB develops is sto sit back there and read the defense at the expense of getting sacked. He als oadmitted that it takes a scrambler longer to learn to read defenses as they are use to taking off when they get pressure.

I think if the Bills had got behind by 2-3 TD's you would have seen them throwing more.

Nall is NOT our answer. If Green Bay let him walk, and he can't even beat out Holcomb for the #2, what makes you day dreamers think that he's going to be any good?

To all you "JP sucks" crybabies - Please read this article 1st before making any more statements and blaming it all on JP. You people screaming for Nall know nothing about football.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061114/1028917.asp

I have bad news for you JP haters. Barring something really crazy happening -- such as him tossing 20 ints in these next 7 games -- he'll be back next year.

Here is a stat for you: 1, 1, 2, 5... Those are the rounds of draft picks that TD used to acquire QBs (Drew and JP) between 2003-2005. You think the team could have used some help along the OL and DL and maybe even a quality TE to boot with those picks? Maybe JP isn't the long-trem answer. But until the team can fix other obvious areas of need, it's doubtful that ANY QB is going to be successful back there. If JP still sucks after some of the other parts have been fixed, that's when the team will start looking elsewhere.

There may be some on this board that don't undertand this, but I think the coaching staff does.

I mean hell if the Redskins finally woke up and realized that Mark Brunell had to sit his ass down, I think it's about time for us to do the same, we seem to be the only team that will just sit there and do nothing about our QB situation until people literally lose their jobs man

836379[/snapback]

We already did that....?? Did you forget??

I guess it is time to risk the season and throw JP into overdrive.  He can use his scrambling skills and what experience has gained so far to show what he can do from here on out.  I am still hopeful he is good, but at this stage there is only one way to find out.  I say unleash him for the rest of the season and if he doesn't cut it we can go in another direction.  I hate thinking like this...but if he doesn't cut it our draft selection should get considerably better.

836491[/snapback]

An excellent post. Unless the Bills have already decided JP isn't the answer, they need to use the rest of the season to do more evaluating than 13 pass attempts per game would allow.

Guess I'm getting too old to understand football. I used to watch a Pittsburgh team who brought in a strong armed, small brained quarterback, who couldnt walk on the field without tripping his first two years. I see him on Fox pregame every Sunday now, so he mustn't have been a very good quarterback.

Guess I'm getting too old to understand football.  I used to watch a Pittsburgh team who brought in a strong armed, small brained quarterback, who couldnt walk on the field without tripping his first two years.  I see him on Fox pregame every Sunday now, so he mustn't have been a very good quarterback.

837024[/snapback]

If you're sure Losman is the next Terry Bradshaw, you are indeed getting too old to understand football. :blink:

IS just not the answer.  Anytime you have to devise a game plan in which your QB doesn't even throw for 90 yards that means you pretty much don't believe in him.  And if you don't believe in him hell, let's go with the 3rd stringer and see what he could do, JP losman reminds me alot of Kyle Boller in Baltimore, rocket arm but can't read defenses, pocket awareness is terrible and is turnover prone.

836368[/snapback]

If you dont like Losman fine, but dont say that we gameplan for him not to throw the ball. Do you know who we played last week? How about a game plan that runs the ball and keeps Peyton Manning off the field? That's why Losman didnt have many attempts, not because the coaches dont believe in him.

Besides.... having a QB play efficient, relying on a good running game and not having the QB make mistakes is nothing new for a young guy, just ask Big Ben and his super bowl ring.

I guess it is time to risk the season and throw JP into overdrive.  He can use his scrambling skills and what experience has gained so far to show what he can do from here on out.  I am still hopeful he is good, but at this stage there is only one way to find out.  I say unleash him for the rest of the season and if he doesn't cut it we can go in another direction.  I hate thinking like this...but if he doesn't cut it our draft selection should get considerably better.

836491[/snapback]

I am in total agreement. Like Phillip Rivers in San Diego, give the boy the ball. Sink or swim.

An excellent post. Unless the Bills have already decided JP isn't the answer, they need to use the rest of the season to do more evaluating than 13 pass attempts per game would allow.

836963[/snapback]

wow this has to be the most positive thing i have read from HA regarding JP. now i am gunna look at the err america thread for more of the conventional HA wisdom

Posted by Deluca in the "This guys got it dead on" topic title:

If the coach was to come out and just toss Loseman under the bus

837172[/snapback]

I'm not too sure I get the humour either.....& I'm a funny guy.....well I am....honest. :D

Does the humour derive from the "come out" bit....you know....as in gay, coming out? :blink:

Is it a vague masturbatory allusion about tossing under a bus? :D

Actually, I think the funniest aspect to this is that somebody(who wasn't Deluca) is so impressed with his posts that he starts a thread referring to one.

Now that is funny. :P