JP's Cap Hit

Ennjay

Suppose the Bills cut Losman after this season. Does anyone know his cap hit? Vs. the cap hit if he stays?

I'm not looking for another thread debating how good he is or isn't -- I'm just curious about his cap value. I also expect that free agent or #1 draft choice replacements will be expensive.

Suppose the Bills cut Losman after this season.  Does anyone know his cap hit?  Vs. the cap hit if he stays?

I'm not looking for another thread debating how good he is or isn't --  I'm just curious about his cap value.  I also expect that free agent or #1 draft choice replacements will be expensive.

835769[/snapback]

A box of acorns for the blind epileptic squirral is all. :blink:

JP was a first rounder so he's due a big chunk of change

Since it is a well established fact here that all of our problems are the OLines fault, lets just cut JP, sign Kliff Kingsbury to the league minimum, and use the savings to sign some real OLinemen

835964[/snapback]

Actually I think most of the players on our current O line are making more than JP. Last I saw JP is getting less then $2 million a year.

Actually I think most of the players on our current O line are making more than JP.  Last I saw JP is getting less then $2 million a year.

836914[/snapback]

2 Million base. Not counting the signing bonus. The base salary usually escalates the later in the deal you get as well.

JP was a first rounder so he's due a big chunk of change

Since it is a well established fact here that all of our problems are the OLines fault, lets just cut JP, sign Kliff Kingsbury to the league minimum, and use the savings to sign some real OLinemen

835964[/snapback]

no he isnt. I believe his total contract value is somewhere in the 5 year 8 million range. (perhaps a bit higher with escalators and incentives)

Contract Info

Signed a five-year contract with Buffalo in July 2004. The base value of Losman's contract is $7.7 million, but the total package could reach $24.5 million if he reaches certain incentives. He does not get a signing bonus in 2004, but the source said he'll receive $4.1 million in the second year of the deal and $500,000 in the third year. With additional roster and option bonuses and an escalator in the fourth and/or fifth year, Losman will get $5.586 million in guaranteed money.

$2,464,000 in dead space if we cut him. According to Clumpy's page, he had $3,696,000 in dead space if he was cut this year with 3 years left on the bonus of $1,232,000 per year. So with 2 years left it's $2,464,000. This means his original signing bonus was $6,160,000.