This board is full of...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean I've got to wait another seven years to make the playoffs? Because this whole, "It's going to take some time," regurgitation is something I'm fed up with. So pardon those that are grumpy about today for feeling that way.

834945[/snapback]

BINGO.

Whiners. Geez, get a freakin' life some of you. Your whole week is ruined if the Bills lose? Take a step back and get some perspective.

If someone had told me at the beginning of the year that we'd lose to the Pats by 2 in the season opener and by 1 to Indy at Indy, I would have been very happy.

I would have been happy to know that our coaches threw in a few wrinkles to confuse Brett Farve (i.e. the 3-4) and cut off the deep roots to stifle Peyton. Even have opposing coaches applaud our gameplanning (Dungy). Unlike Mularkey and our old DC, these coaches can coach. Obviously the OL is a major problem, but they've only been together for 3 weeks. Give it time. Go watch some old Bills footage or something. Many of you need to learn how not to focus on the negative.

We all know that this year was going to be interesting. The only beating we've taken was in Chicago. THis is going to take time people.

834936[/snapback]

So the proud Bills tradition is reduced to taking pride in playing well and Losing ???  Sorry I will NEVER take playing well and losing as acceptable.. I will never succumb to such a LOSERS mentality.

And men give women a hard time for being overly emotional. It's not about taking pride in losing. It's about being able to see the small improvements, and knowing with a new coach and new GM it's going to take more than a year to see results. A losers mentality is panicking 9 games in and calling for wholesale change...again.

Whiners. Geez, get a freakin' life some of you. Your whole week is ruined if the Bills lose? Take a step back and get some perspective.

If someone had told me at the beginning of the year that we'd lose to the Pats by 2 in the season opener and by 1 to Indy at Indy, I would have been very happy.

I would have been happy to know that our coaches threw in a few wrinkles to confuse Brett Farve (i.e. the 3-4) and cut off the deep roots to stifle Peyton. Even have opposing coaches applaud our gameplanning (Dungy). Unlike Mularkey and our old DC, these coaches can coach. Obviously the OL is a major problem, but they've only been together for 3 weeks. Give it time. Go watch some old Bills footage or something. Many of you need to learn how not to focus on the negative.

We all know that this year was going to be interesting. The only beating we've taken was in Chicago. THis is going to take time people.

834936[/snapback]

You have missed the point completely.Its not the record. Its not how close they come to winning games. Its the fact that the team doesnt seem to be going anywhere-and the future doesnt look great with no QB, no O line and a mediocre D line.Other than that I'm SO optimistic;)

You have missed the point completely.Its not the record. Its not how close they come to winning games. Its the fact that the team doesnt seem to be going anywhere-and the future doesnt look great with no QB, no O line and a mediocre D line.Other than that I'm SO optimistic;)

835895[/snapback]

Could be glass half-full:

1) Our defense, despite the fact that it couldn't stop the run to save its life, held Manning and co. to 17 points.

2) In light of the way this team folded like a wallet against the Pats and Bears, this result is a marked improvement.

3) There is a half-season left to play with some winnable games. Hold out hope that we've already hit the lows and the young guys on the line learn. Villarial's injury could prove a godsend if Aaron Merz can get out there and show us what he's got.

Quoting Admiral Stockdale signifies that the ship really is sinking.

836251[/snapback]

hahaha, all that I can think of is that SNL skit when a dementia laden Stockdale was played by Phil Hartman and a Dana Carve Perot character was driving around on back roads trying to find a place to dump him off, hilarious.

hahaha, all that I can think of is that SNL skit when a dementia laden Stockdale was played by Phil Hartman and a Dana Carve Perot character was driving around  on back roads trying to find a place to dump him off, hilarious.

836266[/snapback]

Ahh, a student of pop culture but a poor student of history. Stockdale used a hearing aid, but his aides thought it would make him look "old," so he took it out during the debate. The man taught Philosophy at Stanford, and they really aren't into the whole senility thing there.

A very funny skit, however.

Whiners.

THis is going to take time people.

834936[/snapback]

The threshold for success has reached a new all-time low here.

As long as they don't get blown out; the season is a success? What a loser mentality.

This is going to take a new philosophy on the part of the new owner.

As an example, the Jets and Saints were in a similar predicament as the Bills. They chose to hire young inventive new head coaches. This is no guarantee of success, but at least they didn't go with proven losers like Art Shell and Dick Jauron.

Last year we had a team that everyone thought should be super competitive and instead lost horribly

This year we have a team that everyone thinks should be horrible and instead is somewhat competitive with a QB who isn't losing games like last year, a defense that is improving unlike last year, and so on. We lost and it sucks, that is true. We're 3-6 and we're in the bottom tier probably, okay.

There's a difference between losing feeling like you have no where to go, but down, with an old where players have hit their peaks, like Sam Adams, Jeff Posey, and Lawyer Milloy. And there's a difference with a young team like Kyle Williams, Ko Simpson, and Donte Whittner.

At least we know this team is getting better as oppose to getting worse. Last year, in 13 attempts JP would have completed 6 of them and had an Int too. Our defense is getting turnovers as oppose to our offense losing having turnovers.

I don't pretend to be happy that the Bill's lost, and no one on this board is. But there's difference and saying we suck woe is me, and saying this is why we lost, but at least these guys held their own and these guys are improving, so next time we will beat them and have our revenge.

Ahh, a student of pop culture but a poor student of history. Stockdale used a hearing aid, but his aides thought it would make him look "old," so he took it out during the debate. The man taught Philosophy at Stanford, and they really aren't into the whole senility thing there.

A very funny skit, however.

836304[/snapback]

whoa, I wasn't making any historical references in my post, I was recalling a skit that portrayed Stockdale as dimentia laden. I deeply apologize if my language was confusing or misleading and forced you to refer to me as a "poor student of history"

I don't know enough about Stockdale to actually formulate an opinion on him or his political views.

"If someone would have told me at the beginning of the season..."

That's when I stopped reading.  Joe is right (good god), keep having low standards and you will live and die by them.  This is a Bills team that has had many opportunities to be decent to great and yet we have been PATHETIC.

834940[/snapback]

I wish people lived their lives with standards as high as they put on the fuggin' teams they root for.

One of the most retarded, out of perspective posts EVER.

Last year we had a team that everyone thought should be super competitive and instead lost horribly

This year we have a team that everyone thinks should be horrible and instead is somewhat competitive with a QB who isn't losing games like last year, a defense that is improving unlike last year, and so on.  We lost and it sucks, that is true.  We're 3-6 and we're in the bottom tier probably, okay.

There's a difference between losing feeling like you have no where to go, but down, with an old where players have hit their peaks, like Sam Adams, Jeff Posey, and Lawyer Milloy.  And there's a difference with a young team like Kyle Williams, Ko Simpson, and Donte Whittner.

At least we know this team is getting better as oppose to getting worse.  Last year, in 13 attempts JP would have completed 6 of them and had an Int too.  Our defense is getting turnovers as oppose to our offense losing having turnovers.

I don't pretend to be happy that the Bill's lost, and no one on this board is.  But there's difference and saying we suck woe is me, and saying this is why we lost, but at least these guys held their own and these guys are improving, so next time we will beat them and have our revenge.

836328[/snapback]

BRAVO! ;)