It's quite simple

pBills

O-line, again played poorly. Blame Losman if you will, blame anyone else if you will. The FACT of the matter is that the o-line lets people get to Losman within a second every snap. No time to run, no time to dump pass, no time to set.

If you blame this loss on Losman, I believe you are a fool. The guy only had 13 opportunities to throw the ball in the game and completed 9 of them. He was sacked what? 4 times? I would hate to see how many times he was either knocked down or hurried.

If you want to know the difference between a Championship team and a losing team it was quite evident... look at Manning and the Colts... then compare to Losman and the Bills. Manning had all of the time in the world EVERY passing play. That sets up everything.

Bottomline... the Bills are on the right track whether you believe it or not. We're just lacking big time in o-line talent.

Peace out — go bills.

Agreed. After watching the game, I can't think of a sack where JP just held it too long. He got to the end of his drop (if he even made it that far) and had a defender in his face. Heck, on one of the first sacks, the Colts LE ran right by Pennington, who literally put his pinky finger on the guy. Losman was down after about 2 seconds.

BAD, BAD O-line play is leading to Losman to lose the condidence that it looked like he had the first few games of the season. Get the boy a decent O-line, and I think we would be VERY pleased with his QB play. Until then, frustration will rule.

Agreed. After watching the game, I can't think of a sack where JP just held it too long. He got to the end of his drop (if he even made it that far) and had a defender in his face. Heck, on one of the first sacks, the Colts LE ran right by Pennington, who literally put his pinky finger on the guy. Losman was down after about 2 seconds.

BAD, BAD O-ling play is leading to Losman to lose the condidence that it looked like he had the first few games of the season. Get the boy a decent O-line, and I think we would be VERY pleased with his QB play. Until then, frustration will rule.

834894[/snapback]

JP has no time get into the flow of the game. He has no time to get into a rythm

I just think it's quite sad how people can easily blame him for everything that is going wrong. Just feel bad for the guy, he still isn't getting a fair chance. By that I mean, last year we all know what MM did to him. And now this year, they have not helped him out one bit with protection. The kid is going to be damaged goods pretty soon.

I just think it's quite sad how people can easily blame him for everything that is going wrong.  Just feel bad for the guy, he still isn't getting a fair chance.  By that I mean, last year we all know what MM did to him.  And now this year, they have not helped him out one bit with protection.  The kid is going to be damaged goods pretty soon.

835029[/snapback]

I agree totally. Even though I am a devote Bills fan, I wish they do him a favor and cut him so that he can get away from such a pathetic staff and poor fans. I mean come on; I've heard people blame him for the sacks he took. I mean Mathis was UNBLOCKED; think god he came from the right side and JP saw him. And Freeney was blocked by a TE and hit him blindside; thank god he didn't fumble. The only time he had to make a good throw over 5 yards was the bomb he missed to Evans. Thats it. My biggest frustration is that when he has time to throw and he attempts a pass, this year he is completing passes he was missing last year. But with this horrible playcalling and shabby blocking I just feel for the kid.

O-line, again played poorly.  Blame Losman if you will, blame anyone else if you will.  The FACT of the matter is that the o-line lets people get to Losman within a second every snap.  No time to run, no time to dump pass, no time to set.

If you blame this loss on Losman, I believe you are a fool.  The guy only had 13 opportunities to throw the ball in the game and completed 9 of them.  He was sacked what?  4 times?  I would hate to see how many times he was either knocked down or hurried.

If you want to know the difference between a Championship team and a losing team it was quite evident... look at Manning and the Colts... then compare to Losman and the Bills.  Manning had all of the time in the world EVERY passing play.  That sets up everything.

Bottomline... the Bills are on the right track whether you believe it or not.  We're just lacking big time in o-line talent.

Peace out — go bills.

834798[/snapback]

my feelings exactly. I think we got near Peyton not more than two times, never really hurried him or even knocked him down. The Colts used max protection even though we always ONLY rushed 4 and Colts usually had 6 in protecting Peyton. With JP he cant even get to pocket without someone being in his face, around his legs, smacking him in the back. I am still waiting for thsi mirical worker McNally to teach basic blocking.

If you blame this loss on Losman, I believe you are a fool.  The guy only had 13 opportunities to throw the ball in the game and completed 9 of them.  He was sacked what?  4 times?  I would hate to see how many times he was either knocked down or hurried.

Peace out — go bills.

834798[/snapback]

Excuse me, maybe he wasn't throwing the ball because he holds it too long, fumbles, throws intercetons and can't throw the ball away.

DUH!

Excuse me, maybe he wasn't throwing the ball because he holds it too long, fumbles, throws intercetons and can't throw the ball away.

DUH!

835042[/snapback]

For one, JP hasn't been one to throw many interceptions. And two, you can't even spell interceptions

DUH!

835042[/snapback]

Excuse me. Watch a game. He has probably 1 second to get rid of the ball before getting hit. If you look at good o-lines, ie: the colts. d-linemen don't even get close to the QB. And if they do, it's AFTER about 3 seconds tick on by.

Losman is a chump. Face it, the guys a bust

835048[/snapback]

So you will blame everything on the QB position? So the o-line is good enough for any QB to come in and win? Name a QB, that given no protection can win? Better yet, I'll answer for you... none.

I will say one thing though that I wish JP would do or that the powers that would let him do... RUN.

Excuse me.  Watch a game.  He has probably 1 second to get rid of the ball before getting hit.  If you look at good o-lines, ie: the colts.  d-linemen don't even get close to the QB.  And if they do, it's AFTER about 3 seconds tick on by.

835068[/snapback]

The o line may not be the best but losman doesn't hurt a team that blitzes because he can't find the open reciever and get him the ball.

The o line may not be the best but losman doesn't hurt a team that blitzes because he can't find the open reciever and get him the ball.

835094[/snapback]

Again, with what time? People missing assignments, lack of even decent blocking, etc., etc. When does he have time for a dump pass?

The only problem I have with JP right now is that he has to move around in the pocket...at times he can avoid a rush by doing it...yes it is hard when the OL is getting beat, but the pocket does not totally collapse every single time...I know he is probably flustered too...just like RJ was after gettign beat down, but he has to learn to side step and feel the pressure a bit...he's so focused downfield..its like he forgets that he can move a lil bit

So you will blame everything on the QB position?  So the o-line is good enough for any QB to come in and win?  Name a QB, that given no protection can win?  Better yet, I'll answer for you... none.

I will say one thing though that I wish JP would do or that the powers that would let him do... RUN.

835070[/snapback]

So, just for sh*ts and giggles, lets throw another QB behind this o-line to see how they do. Lets see how responsible the QB is. Lets throw our $5m free agent QB out there for a test drive. Why not? Losman isn't doing anything behind this line. And he's not learning anything besides how to hold onto the ball while taking a sack.

I'm not saying it's JP's fault. The o-line does in fact suck. But you know what? We've tried new people on the line. ANd I wouldn't mind trying more new people if we have them on the roster. But we do have a QB to try. Lets give it a shot. He couldn't be any worse.

Give JP one more game unquestioned. After that, he has to show something to keep his job. And I don't want to hear about the o-line. With the same o-lin, the immoblie Holcomb scored more points and took fewer sacks.

If you want to know the difference between a Championship team and a losing team it was quite evident... look at Manning and the Colts... then compare to Losman and the Bills.  Manning had all of the time in the world EVERY passing play.  That sets up everything.

834798[/snapback]

Case in point....Tarik Glen owned Aaron Schoebel.....There was absolutely no pressure on Manning....Manning started drives from his own 9, 11 and 15 yard lines and still comfortably moved their offense.

835094[/snapback]

I was watching the steelers/saints game....It was amazing how open the 2nd WRs like Wilson were able to get separation and be wide open....I don't think I have seen any of the bills WRs running that kind of routes and getting open for the QBs job to be made simple.

I was watching the steelers/saints game....It was amazing how open the 2nd WRs like Wilson were able to get separation and be wide open....I don't think I have seen any of the bills WRs running that kind of routes and getting open for the QBs job to be made simple.

835237[/snapback]

Becaaaaause the OL gives up pressure to 4-man rushes, there are almost always 7 guys in the secondary to cover the 2 or 3 receivers the Bills send out on routes.

Just a thought. How much of this is related too ultra conservative play calling? I admit I didnt see the game but did listen to about 3/4s of it on Sirius( I was working) . On the Bills first drive they got down to the Colt 12 yard line and ran 3 times. The big play to get down there was a pass to Evans. Even our announcers on the radio(cant remember who it is but is the color guy) had the attitude to kind of "Don't make a mistake" so we could at least get a field goal. But im thinking "wtf is that?" With the Bills anemic offense should we be trying to maximize our scoring chances? Im mean, going against teh Colts you know they are going to get their points. I thought they were going to score much more than they did but that proves my point even more. If the Bills would have punched that in for a td they may have won the game. Also, the other D;s know when were going to run on first down and probably second down. When its 3rd and long JP has to throw putting our already shakey OLIne and an even bigger disadvantage.

Case in point....Tarik Glen owned Aaron Schoebel.....There was absolutely no pressure on Manning....Manning started drives from his own 9, 11 and 15 yard lines and still comfortably moved their offense.

835233[/snapback]

The reason why there is little pressure on guys like Manning & Brady are that teams no that if they come after them, they are going to get burned. There is no fear of that with Losman. Have you seen once this year Losman call an audible to a pass when teams put 9 guys in the box.

Face it guys, Losman sucks. The only qb I would not take over him right now is Andrew walters, & that is even a toss up. He is a durable version of Rob Johnson.