Clements ... another solid game

Well, I know Bills fans wont be happy until he gets 28 interceptions every game, but he had another solid game. He shut down the best(?) WR in the league and held him to 2 catches for 21 yards. Which BTW is the lowest he has been held since LAST SEASON.

833910[/snapback]

I can make negative out of your post. If NC didn't trip over his own player on his fumble recovery, he could have run it back for a TD and we win the game. <_<

Actually I agree, he was good today.

It sucks that he will probably bolt for more money, but he was spectacular today.

Really, the whole defense deserves a gameball. They did not get much pressure on Manning but to only hold them to 17 points is a great game.

2 good games in a row still doesn't make him the best CB in the league, maybe top 10, a couple more good games, maybe top 5.

If he wants top CB money, let him walk, until he shows he is the best, he doesn't get payed like it. If he is willing to sign for top 5 money, do it. Thats is all that everyone is saying, no ones saying he isn't good, hes just not as good as he thinks or wants to be payed like.

You don't overpay for him just because you don't think you can get someone better, thats what gets you in trouble later under the cap.

2 good games in a row still doesn't make him the best CB in the league, maybe top 10, a couple more good games, maybe top 5.

If he wants top CB money, let him walk, until he shows he is the best, he doesn't get payed like it. If he is willing to sign for top 5 money, do it. Thats is all that everyone is saying, no ones saying he isn't good, hes just not as good as he thinks or wants to be payed like.

You don't overpay for him just because you don't think you can get someone better, thats what gets you in trouble later under the cap.

834031[/snapback]

HAHAHA your last line cracked me up ... that philosophy has gotten us to where we are now.

As far as 2 games ... Clements usually plays well against top WR's. I believe he shutdown Steve Smith to about 3-4 catches last year also.

if we offer him the money, he will

834087[/snapback]

I'm not a mind-reader, but the way Nate was treated last off-season was a slap in the face to him. As I've said before, if Nate had any interest in staying in Buffalo, he would've signed a contract last year. That he'd risk career-ending injury over signing a contract that would set him for life tells me he wants out.

The position/outlook for this team has to weigh on his mind too. In coaching, the faces have changed and the losing schemes have stayed the same. 'Change of scenery' is what other people say.

No matter how many Benjamins are on any contract proposal, I don't see a scenario where Nate signs. And this is the last time I'm going to respond to this crusade of yours.

Where has he been all year. Plays well when he has the big time wide out to play aganist.

834283[/snapback]

Where has he been all year? The last time he played poorly enough to influence the outcome of the game was more than 2 years ago against Jacksonville.

He has been solid all year long. Just because he doesnt put up gaudy INT stats doesnt make him any less of a player.